christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hobbes

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Trusting Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd in being my Friend in helping me in living as His friend while I rest in Him as my Saviour that I am saved.

Greetings, brothers & sister, in the name of Jesus Christ !

I'm having second thoughts for having the username "Hobbes" only because of the cartoon character always playfully pouncing on Calvin to wrestle him when he is not looking. :grin:

Not sure how that would look when I meet up with a member here that goes by the name of Calvin.

I have to admit, I would be tempted to playfully pounce on him.  You know like posting *Pounce" to Calvin and then he goes, "What?" in reply.  Or maybe he figures it out and we wrestle for fun just to be funny to everybody here.  Course, that could be seen as going off topic maybe?

Anyway, if the staff members deem this an inappropriate username, is there a way I can change it? :mgcop:

Or do I just resist with His help from posting *Pounce* in reply to anyone, let alone Calvin? 

Or is there no member here with the username of Calvin that I do not have to be concern about it yet?

I guess I am a kid at heart, even though I am a full grown adult of 50 years old no less.

Anyway, I may need some guidelines here in how I post as Hobbes out of fun in this forum.  I can understand the necessity to refrain from posting "Pounce", but do I need to change my username? :confused:

KPaulG

KPaulG

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:swimming, skiing, making new friends, playing Sudoku, socilizing, Spanish
Greetings Hobbes.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Interests:History - particular, the rich history of my city.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Welcome, Hobbes, glad your on the board now. Looking forward to your posts.

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Trusting Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd in being my Friend in helping me in living as His friend while I rest in Him as my Saviour that I am saved.

Greetings Hobbes.

Greetings KPaulG.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Welcome, Hobbes, glad your on the board now. Looking forward to your posts.

Greetings "He giveth more grace" .

Thank you for the welcome. 

I had posted some in the Seeker's Lounge but they require moderation before going to post.

Mayhap I should do my replies elsewhere for getting my 5 post count in starting a thread if the Lord so leads me in doing.

Hey, did you see that one thread in Seeker's Lounge about relationships?  I clicked on that thread and saw replies in there and posted a reply, but when I came back out to look at the threads in the Seeker's Lounge, it says no replies and no views still.  Is that a glitch?

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Oh.  Okay.  I get it now.  After viewing a thread, it goes to zero to let me know if anyone had viewed it after I did?  Is that how that works?

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Interests:History - particular, the rich history of my city.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Oh.  Okay.  I get it now.  After viewing a thread, it goes to zero to let me know if anyone had viewed it after I did?  Is that how that works?

I dun know, you've got me. :-)

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

you sound  a fun person Mr Hobbes Sir,  I won't say 'welcome' 'cos it makes me sound like Mein Host,when really I am just a mouse in the corner, but  pleased to meetcha :)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,344 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

Hey, did you see that one thread in Seeker's Lounge about relationships?  I clicked on that thread and saw replies in there and posted a reply, but when I came back out to look at the threads in the Seeker's Lounge, it says no replies and no views still.  Is that a glitch?

When you are in the Seekers Lounge and you see a thread with "0 views", look to the far left to see if there is an arrow pointing left.  That means the thread has been moved to another forum and when you click on the thread, you go to another forum.

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:looking for treasure in the bible and being in Gods good books, guitars,staying healthy i'll give anyone a warm smile and a friendly hello

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!!

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

I dun know, you've got me. :-)

Okay.  Maybe somebody knows, but it is not that important, I guess.

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

you sound  a fun person Mr Hobbes Sir,  I won't say 'welcome' 'cos it makes me sound like Mein Host,when really I am just a mouse in the corner, but  pleased to meetcha :)

Pleased to meetcha too, pawz. :grin:

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

When you are in the Seekers Lounge and you see a thread with "0 views", look to the far left to see if there is an arrow pointing left.  That means the thread has been moved to another forum and when you click on the thread, you go to another forum.

OH! Okay. Thanks for that OneLight.

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!!

Thanks for the welcome, Snow ! 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Welcome! Don't worry about the pouncing thing! Pounce away!

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Welcome! Don't worry about the pouncing thing! Pounce away!

*Pounce*  :biggrin2:

Thanks.

And thanks for the welcome!

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!

God bless you!! :)

KPaulG

KPaulG

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:swimming, skiing, making new friends, playing Sudoku, socilizing, Spanish

Greetings Hobbes.

Greetings KPaulG.

Thanks for the welcome.

You are welcome.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
Hi Hobbes, welcome to worthy

Hobbes

Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!

God bless you!! :)

Thanks, Mike ! 

May God bless you too !

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network