Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hobbes

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Greetings, brothers & sister, in the name of Jesus Christ !

I'm having second thoughts for having the username "Hobbes" only because of the cartoon character always playfully pouncing on Calvin to wrestle him when he is not looking. :grin:

Not sure how that would look when I meet up with a member here that goes by the name of Calvin.

I have to admit, I would be tempted to playfully pounce on him.  You know like posting *Pounce" to Calvin and then he goes, "What?" in reply.  Or maybe he figures it out and we wrestle for fun just to be funny to everybody here.  Course, that could be seen as going off topic maybe?

Anyway, if the staff members deem this an inappropriate username, is there a way I can change it? :mgcop:

Or do I just resist with His help from posting *Pounce* in reply to anyone, let alone Calvin? 

Or is there no member here with the username of Calvin that I do not have to be concern about it yet?

I guess I am a kid at heart, even though I am a full grown adult of 50 years old no less.

Anyway, I may need some guidelines here in how I post as Hobbes out of fun in this forum.  I can understand the necessity to refrain from posting "Pounce", but do I need to change my username? :confused:

Posted · Report post

Greetings Hobbes.

Posted · Report post

Welcome, Hobbes, glad your on the board now. Looking forward to your posts.

Posted · Report post

Greetings Hobbes.

Greetings KPaulG.

Thanks for the welcome.

Posted · Report post

Welcome, Hobbes, glad your on the board now. Looking forward to your posts.

Greetings "He giveth more grace" .

Thank you for the welcome. 

I had posted some in the Seeker's Lounge but they require moderation before going to post.

Mayhap I should do my replies elsewhere for getting my 5 post count in starting a thread if the Lord so leads me in doing.

Hey, did you see that one thread in Seeker's Lounge about relationships?  I clicked on that thread and saw replies in there and posted a reply, but when I came back out to look at the threads in the Seeker's Lounge, it says no replies and no views still.  Is that a glitch?

Posted · Report post

Oh.  Okay.  I get it now.  After viewing a thread, it goes to zero to let me know if anyone had viewed it after I did?  Is that how that works?

Posted · Report post

Oh.  Okay.  I get it now.  After viewing a thread, it goes to zero to let me know if anyone had viewed it after I did?  Is that how that works?

I dun know, you've got me. :-)

Posted · Report post

you sound  a fun person Mr Hobbes Sir,  I won't say 'welcome' 'cos it makes me sound like Mein Host,when really I am just a mouse in the corner, but  pleased to meetcha :)

Posted · Report post

Hey, did you see that one thread in Seeker's Lounge about relationships?  I clicked on that thread and saw replies in there and posted a reply, but when I came back out to look at the threads in the Seeker's Lounge, it says no replies and no views still.  Is that a glitch?

When you are in the Seekers Lounge and you see a thread with "0 views", look to the far left to see if there is an arrow pointing left.  That means the thread has been moved to another forum and when you click on the thread, you go to another forum.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!!

Posted · Report post

I dun know, you've got me. :-)

Okay.  Maybe somebody knows, but it is not that important, I guess.

Posted · Report post

you sound  a fun person Mr Hobbes Sir,  I won't say 'welcome' 'cos it makes me sound like Mein Host,when really I am just a mouse in the corner, but  pleased to meetcha :)

Pleased to meetcha too, pawz. :grin:

Posted · Report post

When you are in the Seekers Lounge and you see a thread with "0 views", look to the far left to see if there is an arrow pointing left.  That means the thread has been moved to another forum and when you click on the thread, you go to another forum.

OH! Okay. Thanks for that OneLight.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!!

Thanks for the welcome, Snow ! 

Posted · Report post

Welcome! Don't worry about the pouncing thing! Pounce away!

Posted · Report post

Welcome! Don't worry about the pouncing thing! Pounce away!

*Pounce*  :biggrin2:

Thanks.

And thanks for the welcome!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!

God bless you!! :)

Posted · Report post

Greetings Hobbes.

Greetings KPaulG.

Thanks for the welcome.

You are welcome.

Posted · Report post

Hi Hobbes, welcome to worthy

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy Hobbes!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!

God bless you!! :)

Thanks, Mike ! 

May God bless you too !

Posted · Report post

Hi Hobbes, welcome to worthy

Thanks, Logan !

Posted · Report post

Blessings Hobbes!

Welcome to Worthy.......I have no clue who this guy Hobbes is or who Calvin is but it sounds like a cartoon maybe?Is that what your'e talking about?lol   If Brother Fez told you it was okay to "pounce" away then by all means pounce & you are just fine! Everyone here is just great Hobbes,you will see.....we have lots of fun,there is much humor & gladness and all the while we give God the Glory! Praise the Lord for the Joy He puts in our hearts & lets Praise Him just because......                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy, Hobbes!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Blessings Hobbes!

Welcome to Worthy.......I have no clue who this guy Hobbes is or who Calvin is but it sounds like a cartoon maybe?Is that what your'e talking about?lol   If Brother Fez told you it was okay to "pounce" away then by all means pounce & you are just fine! Everyone here is just great Hobbes,you will see.....we have lots of fun,there is much humor & gladness and all the while we give God the Glory! Praise the Lord for the Joy He puts in our hearts & lets Praise Him just because......                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

*Pounce* :biggrin2:

Thanks for the blessings kwikphilly !!!

Yes, Hobbes is referring to the cartoon character of Calvin & Hobbes which Floatingaxe has graciously provided illustration in post #23

May God bless you and keep you.  May He shine His face upon you and give you His peace.

Edited by Hobbes

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy, Hobbes!

Thanks for the welcome, Floatingaxe !!!

And thank you very much for the illustration as well !!!

Do you have one of Hobbes pouncing on Calvin?  That would be a good one to use whenever I pounce.