christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

outreach

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

stv

stv
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:in discussion of spiritual life and gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. single affair and matrimonial issues in Christian homes.
why today's ministers of the gospel do not like going to rural areas to reach out to the unreached with the gospel?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,044 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Welcome to worthy,,,,     some thoughts on the subject.

My wife and I retired 4 years ago and had seven weeks of vacation for at least 15 years before that.....  We have driven at least a couple of hundred thousand miles all across the USA from Main to Washington to Southern California and Florida and everywhere in between.....   We don't take major roads when we travel after the first day.

I can't remember seeing any part of the country where any real number of people live that didn't have a church within a decent distance to attend.....    Ive seen country churches out in the middle of nowhere where towns don't even exist.

I can't imagine what part of the country where some people somewhere don't reach out to people and make the gospel available.    We don't need missionaries going door to door, we need people talking in coffee shops and restaurants and city halls and everywhere people live and do business.....

I worked for Xerox for 38 years and for at least 15 of those years I used this Iknowimsombodyav.jpg as a test pattern for checking paper feed on our printers....    20 years ago my team serviced the entire south east quarter of the State of Oklahoma and we had thousands of customers in that area and I couldn't even begin to relay the number of people that I introduced to the gospel just by laying these around while working on machines.   I might add that most of them had it posted on all the bulletin boards.

In the 19 years of that 38 that I worked in the residential areas not a single person asked me to not use that or things more straightforward about Jesus.

That's the kind of things we need going on today......

Way too much about me, tell us a little about yourself.....

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,469 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

why today's ministers of the gospel do not like going to rural areas to reach out to the unreached with the gospel?

Welcome to Worthy. Tell us a bit about yourself, this is the welcome forum.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome! Its out of their comfort zone.It is rare to find a pastor who supports outreach.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,631 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Welcome :)

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
We live in an area where most rural areas have churches. However, our church supports pastors who plant churches in rural areas of Uganda. We have sent people from our church to encourage them, help with outreach and ministry to children, and especially to reach men. One of our members went to another rural area there and helped to organize and teach in a school. She lived there like everyone else, even though the food and customs were foreign to her. However, when she was offered a job at a Bible school in the city she accepted because doctors and hospitals were nearby. She had got malaria and was far from medical help so she moved.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,044 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

I attend a  Nazarene Church and we support new and old churches all over the world...

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

Hello Stv, and welcome to Worthy. 

Being in Nigeria, is probably a lot different than being in the USA.   I know that your country has a lot of muslims, and large group of Christians, and I have a feeling a lot of the reason, you don't see much missionary work their in the rural areas, is there is a lot more persecution from the muslims living in those areas.  Here in the USA I think muslims make up about 2% of the population, while in Nigeria if I understand right they make up a little over half of your population.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network