christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Dave Mustaine really a Christian?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Grungekid

Grungekid

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
Well, I know that some people may not recognize him from the name, but hopefully there are at least a few who know what I am talking about.
Dave Mustaine used to be in Metallica, but he got kicked out for... creative differences? Nah, he was drunk all the time. Anyway, he formed his own band, Megadeth, and went on to get into feuds with just about every other metal band since then. After a while, they got their own gig going, and his band started to pick up. I heard that he converted to Christianity later in his life on a wikipedia article, but I wondered how much of it was true. I guess there was some kind of rumor that he cancelled a tour with another band because of their anti-Christian lyrics, which he said was not true himself. I have heard him talking to a DJ when he was last in town, and he sounded like a mellow dude, though he clearly had his own opinions.

Just the other day, I bought Megadeth's newest album, United Abominations (basically one big lyrical polemic attacking the UN) and I was impressed by the song, Never Walk Alone. It sounded just like a Christian message. I couldn't tell whether or not it was supposed to be satirical, but I am thinking not. Anyway, I was flipping through the CD cover/lyrics (because I am cool like that) and there was some really graphic art, which I hadn't seen in a modern metal band's artwork for quite some time. In fact, judging from what I knew about him, I really wondered how he felt about that. Sometimes, its true, artists don't get to choose what goes into a CD case beyond the audio works, but it really surprised me.

Also, there is a track titled 'Gears of War', and that was the reason he came into Idaho: touring on the Gears of War promotional with a few other bands. It was a circuit celebrating the release of the video game for the 360.

dgolvach

dgolvach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
Hiding in any doorway
in any the shadow
any place where danger
waits to kill my time
there is one who lies in wait
to seal your fate
As sure as you live and die
Live and die
Live and die

When you feel that somethings wrong
Ill shelter you and keep you warm
Ill never let you walk alone
I loved you when you still hated me
Im comin and it wont be long
Time to reap what I have sewn
Never ever let you walk alone
I know your enemy it once was me

Let me wrap my arms all around you
suffer the trespasses that you made
I will drink your pain away
forever and a day
if you just call out my name
If you just call
call my name
if you just call
Even whisper it

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts
I just can't place this guy or his band......??? :whistling:

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
damo1

to grunge kid

i have heard of the guy as i had all but one album of matalica as i needed one more album which i could not find to have the full collection of matalica and i know what you are saying as i saw a very old re make on sbs on the hole group and in this shot that was taken and the fotage saved you see dave smashed of his face comming to the practise nights and what he said and how he acted around the band

to the point of even trying to pick fights it just blew me away by his out going layed back style of words and how he would aproach things its like i dont give i wil not say but i wil put it in simple words a dam

if there is a contac adress or you can find that magazine but i dont know to be honest grunger kid its hard to tell as i just got a re make album of stryper on cd and they have added two new songs i have never heard of and its as if the cd was meant for me as it was the very last one so i do not even know if stryper is back together

but the two new songs have al the old drive and the heart and a good message it a must for the oldies who know of stryper this dude will be good if stryper ever gets back he will fit in very wel with the guys from stryper as they know what its like and stryper wil be a good influence in his life

i am going to have to hunt this cd down my self grunger kid wil do this on tuesday as what brother dgolvach jotted down i would not mind hearing the full rif and sound of the guitars and bas and drums

its a must on my list and i wil ask around as i know sevral christian musicians

who wil be able to say yes or no

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

kari21

kari21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Well, I know that some people may not recognize him from the name, but hopefully there are at least a few who know what I am talking about.
Dave Mustaine used to be in Metallica, but he got kicked out for... creative differences? Nah, he was drunk all the time. Anyway, he formed his own band, Megadeth, and went on to get into feuds with just about every other metal band since then. After a while, they got their own gig going, and his band started to pick up. I heard that he converted to Christianity later in his life on a wikipedia article, but I wondered how much of it was true. I guess there was some kind of rumor that he cancelled a tour with another band because of their anti-Christian lyrics, which he said was not true himself. I have heard him talking to a DJ when he was last in town, and he sounded like a mellow dude, though he clearly had his own opinions.

Just the other day, I bought Megadeth's newest album, United Abominations (basically one big lyrical polemic attacking the UN) and I was impressed by the song, Never Walk Alone. It sounded just like a Christian message. I couldn't tell whether or not it was supposed to be satirical, but I am thinking not. Anyway, I was flipping through the CD cover/lyrics (because I am cool like that) and there was some really graphic art, which I hadn't seen in a modern metal band's artwork for quite some time. In fact, judging from what I knew about him, I really wondered how he felt about that. Sometimes, its true, artists don't get to choose what goes into a CD case beyond the audio works, but it really surprised me.

Also, there is a track titled 'Gears of War', and that was the reason he came into Idaho: touring on the Gears of War promotional with a few other bands. It was a circuit celebrating the release of the video game for the 360.

From Wikipedia: "It was rumored that Dave Mustaine became a born-again Christian. However, in a late 90s issue of HM Magazine, Dave denied that this was the case, despite the fact that he did hold some level of personal spirituality."

Ovedya

Ovedya

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,630 posts
Judging someone's salvation is not what believers are called to do.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network