1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Read our Monday - Friday Newsletter!   Click here if you wish to subscribe to our Worthy Briefs!

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Really? Isaiah 33:16  He will dwell on high; His place of defense will be the fortress of rocks; Bread will be given him, His water will be sure. -- kind of like Elijah sitting out the 3-1/2 drought and being fed by ravens.  
    • The commission right before Christ ascended and some supporting scripture. Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Mat 28:20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.  The commission was to teach and the teaching (words) of the gospel would do the baptizing no need for water.   Eph 5:26..  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.  Tit 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;   Mar 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  Mar 16:16  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.  Christ is including baptism with believing as a requirement for salvation and it is not optional. Notice at first it says believeth and is baptized  then it just says believeth not leaving out baptized. Clearly this is Spirit baptism an operation of God not a water baptism which is a work of men.  Luk 24:46  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  Luk 24:47  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. If you believe remission of sins is through His finished work as the gospel teaches then you are baptized by the word.   Act 1:5  For John truly baptized with water; but (on the contary) ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.  Act 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?  Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.  Act 1:8  But(on the contary) ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. What was Christ’s witness? Joh 5:33  Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.  Joh 5:34  But (on the contary)I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.  Joh 5:35  He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.  Joh 5:36  But (on the contary)I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.  Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)  The living water is the word of God and only it can wash clean a dirty sinner and it is Spirit baptism. Joh 6:62  What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?  Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.   Act 1:9  And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up (glorified); and a cloud received him out of their sight. After Christ's ascension God the Father sent the Holy Spirit to do the baptizing and the apostles were instructed to wait for the Holy Spirit. Eph 4:5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 1Co 1:17  For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
    • It was not a phyciatric hospital it was the hospital the hospital you go to to get blood draws and Covid swabs and what not before a person gets sent TOO THE PHYCIATRIC CENTER I think I would have known if I was at a phyciatric center like I said to you in my last reply my only disorder given by the phyciatric hospital that I was being TRANSPORTED TO AFTER THAT STUFF HAPPENED was clinical depression and ptsd sorry for no punctuation
    • Indeed. That's all part of the process for us. I believe that the apostle Paul stated it well: All things are permitted for me, but not all things are of benefit. All things are permitted for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12 NASB) Our brother @Vine Abider summed it up perfectly some time ago when he wrote (I paraphrase), "What does the Life say?;" which means, what does our Lord have to say about the matter? Ask Him. He will answer. In my experience, trivial matters are just that: they're trivial, not deserving of obsession nor agonizing on our part. Examples? What to eat. What to wear. Feeling angry or becoming upset (a consequence of emotions). Experiencing temptation (it's going to happen). And so on.  We may trust that if a matter is important, the Spirit will inform us of what we need to know. That's faith in the Lord. We trust Him. I'll never forget when I came to the realization that the Lord does not require us to be like "Vulcans" of fiction. The key is to strive to be mastered by nothing. 
    • To have God in us is to have love in us. It is not our own love that saves us. Love is a result of being saved and having God, who is love, in us. Jesus told the Pharisees one time that He knew them, that they did not have the love of God in them.
  • Who's Online

• Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Cody
      Cody
      39 years old
    2. Howdy
      Howdy
      40 years old
    3. humbleseeker
      humbleseeker
      44 years old