christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Freezing?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,279 posts

I have not seen much on Worthy from our American contingent about the big freeze the US is going through, and the next one on it's way.

How is everyone doing?

Coming from somewhere that never see's low temperatures (below about 15 C or so), I can't imagine what it is like.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,295 posts

:)

4% F (-15.5 C) @ 5:15 PM CST

And Dropping Fast To -22% Below Zero Fahrenheit (-30 C) Or So Tonight

And I'm Going Out Shortly To Continue To Shovel Out Our Car (Dr. Appointment Tuesday)

Whoo-Hoo~!

Is This Really Cool Or What

And Thank You Jesus, I'm So Blessed By Winters In Illinois

But I'm Especially Blessed By Good News From The Brothers In South Africa And Minnesota :)

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. Proverbs 25:25

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Here in the States of Oregon and Washington in the Pacific NW we are not used to the cold temperatures.The month of December we had a couple of mornings that were 10 degrees.This morning as I headed off to work it was 27 degrees.The fog had frozen on the roads and it was very icy.Like man his state is well prepared for the cold temps we are not.Our road departments are not well prepared.Their are multiple auto accidents because people just do not know how to drive in the stuff and they are careless.We have three flakes of snow come down here and they close the schools   :mgcheerful:

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

Currently -30 c where I'm at

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Currently -30 c where I'm at

I have heard that Canada gets darn cold :mgcheerful:  But I have seen pictures and it is also very beautiful.Good fishing I heard too...

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

I live in the city so don't fish, but I like driving to the mountains for snowboarding on days that I won't freeze to death and lose my limbs lol

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Ill tell you once I thaw out. . .

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Sooooo you are fishing in an ice hole in Canada right now?

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Naw, I am not cold, I let God Love warm me up!!! :) lol!! But it is cold where I am at though!!

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

78076ef441b350ee1009442f32ce5c70.jpg

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

heck no. im sitting at home, preparing to do an all nighter. Im switching to night shift at my job this week, so Im switching my sleep schedule now so Im not driving truck when Im tired. Ive got mountain dew, movies, and buffalo wings, and of course heat.

As far as being used to it, Im used to it. Ive worked outside in -60 degree weather before as well as what we got now. Been doing it for years. But unlike man, I don't think Ill ever get used to it. I hate the  cold. If I didn't like wyoming so much Id pick up and move to texas lol.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

heck no. im sitting at home, preparing to do an all nighter. Im switching to night shift at my job this week, so Im switching my sleep schedule now so Im not driving truck when Im tired. Ive got mountain dew, movies, and buffalo wings, and of course heat.

As far as being used to it, Im used to it. Ive worked outside in -60 degree weather before as well as what we got now. Been doing it for years. But unlike man, I don't think Ill ever get used to it. I hate the  cold. If I didn't like wyoming so much Id pick up and move to texas lol.

That is really hard to do pat.I have known people who switch from nights to days and visa versa and they can get sick.The body does not like it.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

Ive been doing it since I got out of high school with various Jobs. My bodys accustomed to it. Ive held many night jobs. Its pretty common in my area actually-the mines do it, theyll do every other week days/nights. My jobs oilfield, and right now we dont have enough drivers for a set schedule but once we do it will be two weeks on days one week on nights. It doesn't bother me, In all reality I actually prefer nights-fewer company men watching over your shoulder, plus fewer drivers on the road makes it less stressful. The only thing Im not liking about it this time of year is the cold temps, however if the weather reports accurate tomorrow night will be the only real cold night-after that it should get up to the 20s-30s (which isnt unbearably cold) which should make it nice. It helps that Ive always been a night owl, so switching to nights isnt that bad. Its switching back to days that throws me lol.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,279 posts

The mercury just dipped to -25 degrees below zero. ( -32 C )

Wind chill is at -42.

It's a bit chilly.  

Well it don't think it's normal for anyone to have to live like that  :crazy: .

Interesting is that it is the exact opposite here today. The temperature, in the shade on my deck is 32 C! (90 F)

B3L13v3R

B3L13v3R

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Swing! Yesterday, 9 deg F (-12C) Today 65 deg F! (18 C)

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,545 posts

but I thought you were used to it man :P

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts

The mercury just dipped to -25 degrees below zero. ( -32 C )

Wind chill is at -42.

It's a bit chilly.  

Well it don't think it's normal for anyone to have to live like that  :crazy: .

Interesting is that it is the exact opposite here today. The temperature, in the shade on my deck is 32 C! (90 F)

Can we all come to sit on  your deck?

It was so  cold here-------------and the winter is just starting!

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

Canada....lol

shining%20jack%20frozen.jpg

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Canada....lol

lol!!That is the way I felt many years ago when I went up to the mountain and tried to ski.I told myself......NEVER AGAIN!!!

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

Canada....lol

lol!!That is the way I felt many years ago when I went up to the mountain and tried to ski.I told myself......NEVER AGAIN!!!

haha

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network