christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Freezing?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Maui Ice

Maui Ice

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

I live in Pennsylvania and it's been below freezing for the bestter part of a month now, possibly longer. I had lived in PA for 22 years before moving South to Georgia for 4 years while in the military. However, I do not remember it being this cold back then. Global Warming? haha yeah right.

I can't even go outside without getting hit with below zero winds in my face. I'm so ready for Spring-time weather right now. Thank God I don't live in Alaska!

accensa candela

accensa candela
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the man Jesus wants me to be

Ive been doing it since I got out of high school with various Jobs. My bodys accustomed to it. Ive held many night jobs. Its pretty common in my area actually-the mines do it, theyll do every other week days/nights. My jobs oilfield, and right now we dont have enough drivers for a set schedule but once we do it will be two weeks on days one week on nights. It doesn't bother me, In all reality I actually prefer nights-fewer company men watching over your shoulder, plus fewer drivers on the road makes it less stressful. The only thing Im not liking about it this time of year is the cold temps, however if the weather reports accurate tomorrow night will be the only real cold night-after that it should get up to the 20s-30s (which isnt unbearably cold) which should make it nice. It helps that Ive always been a night owl, so switching to nights isnt that bad. Its switching back to days that throws me lol.

Sounds like your West. I'm East, Atlantic Canada... much different kind of cold, not a dry cold like out there.

Edited by accensa candela, 30 January 2014 - 01:44 AM.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,174 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

I live in Pennsylvania and it's been below freezing for the bestter part of a month now, possibly longer. I had lived in PA for 22 years before moving South to Georgia for 4 years while in the military. However, I do not remember it being this cold back then. Global Warming? haha yeah right.

I can't even go outside without getting hit with below zero winds in my face. I'm so ready for Spring-time weather right now. Thank God I don't live in Alaska!

I haven't checked, but you might actually find it warmer in Alaska......     especially along the coast.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network