christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Welcome to Seekers lounge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Botz

Botz

Worthy Servant

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts
Hello...welcome to Seekers lounge, a place for visitors who are interested in the Bible, G-d and what makes Believers tick....and any who want to make that final step of faith, but are fearful or don't quite know how to go about it....hopefully you will find many answers in these threads.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and we will make every effort to reply as soon as possible.

Enjoy and welcome. Botz.

1Sherri

1Sherri
  • 1 posts
Hello -

I joined Worthy's "syndication" today, and the email I recieved said to come here if I had questions.

After I signed up, it showed an example of how it will look on my site, but it tells nothing about how to get it to the site.
Am I supposed to copy/paste each article? That is fine if I am, I just want to be sure I am following their rules.

Thank you for you time.

In Christ - Sherri

Botz

Botz

Worthy Servant

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts

Hello -

I joined Worthy's "syndication" today, and the email I recieved said to come here if I had questions.

After I signed up, it showed an example of how it will look on my site, but it tells nothing about how to get it to the site.
Am I supposed to copy/paste each article? That is fine if I am, I just want to be sure I am following their rules.

Thank you for you time.

In Christ - Sherri

Hello Sherri....If you just post here here, it is for seekers...if you are a Believer, and love Jesus, I will change your status to Believer, and then you can use the boards in Inner Court with other Christians. Just let me know...but posting here you have to wait for approval. All the best. Botz

cherishedbygod

cherishedbygod
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Posted ImageHello, well this seems like a very interesting room, and topic. I just added few myself, one called self expression..as a a professional writer (POETRY) Any way well finding my way back toPosted Image GOD Posted Imagewas very important and so fills AWSUM amen,,,, I two weeks ago tho, re dedicated myself back to GOD, and now doing alot for Salvation Army, thinking becoming a Soldier... I love to help, right in the snake pit, so to speak with the homeless.... It's getting very bad here now, an every where, Just hope people do feel the pangs of GOD at their hearts.... GBU all

Hello...welcome to Seekers lounge, a place for visitors who are interested in the Bible, G-d and what makes Believers tick....and any who want to make that final step of faith, but are fearful or don't quite know how to go about it....hopefully you will find many answers in these threads.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and we will make every effort to reply as soon as possible.

Enjoy and welcome. Botz.

cherishedbygod

cherishedbygod
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Hello again, when you on i do have a question about Tribulation...Posted Image

Enjoy and welcome. Botz.

Botz

Botz

Worthy Servant

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts
hi... tried to validate people, but it doesn't seem to work...sorry.

Neds

Neds
  • 1 posts
hi everyone. thank God for this site been lookin gor an interactive site. i have a question and i need answers. i am a christian i believe in God and i have a Muslim friend who is actually my only friend. he proposed to me and didn't give him an answer because of the religious differences. i would like to know if such a marriage can work as a christian and he a muslim.

Isaiah 6:8

Isaiah 6:8

Royal Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

hi everyone. thank God for this site been lookin gor an interactive site. i have a question and i need answers. i am a christian i believe in God and i have a Muslim friend who is actually my only friend. he proposed to me and didn't give him an answer because of the religious differences. i would like to know if such a marriage can work as a christian and he a muslim.

Hi Neds, I would not. Many Muslims seek to marry a christian women, as it is part of there plan to de-convert them. Once you marry them, they show there real view on women. That is that women are nothing more then property useful for making babies, and preferably male ones at that. Not a good plan.

Not to mention the Bible says not to.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you
are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“ I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

17 Therefore

“ Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “ I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the LORD Almighty.”

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts
Hi Neds,

From one Christian woman to another, RUN RUN RUN. As Isaiah showed the bible is rife with scriptures against marrying those who do not share our faith. Pause for a moment and consider... how you would raise children, manage your finances, go to church, pray together? These things become nothing but a living nightmare for couples of mixed faith. I pray you find the strength to boldly say no and walk in obedience to the Word of God. You won't ever regret that, He is faithful.

Posted Image

Candice

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
I have a friend who was 'unequally yoked' in the faith and it causes heartache and grief. Don't go that route. Ask God to lead you to the person that He has just for you. The wait will be worth it no matter how long it takes.

TiggerSP83

TiggerSP83

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Neds I have known many couples that are unqually yoked as the Bible calls believers being married to unbelievers, it rarely ever works out. They are miserable and when they have children you have to decide how and with whom they will go to church with. Muslims hate Christians and desire that we all convert to being Muslim. I knew some Muslim young men when I was young oh the loved American girls, and they wanted to take home American wives but I heard many horror stories of how they were and are treated after marriage. It's so different it's like nite and day. You would be his property, not allowed any say in how your male children are raised. Women to them are like chattle (cattle) nothing but mere things to be owned and used. Sorry to be so blunt but this is how they believe. No matter how loving they are before marriage they radically change after marriage. God bless you I will pray for you to chose who the Lord has for you. God bless hugs

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
As a Christian you know what the Word teaches, and if you did not, after the comments here you surely do now.

I suggest you ask your friend what he expects of you, spiritually speaking, should you marry him. Make him tell you the truth of what he expects and what his family and Imam would expect of you.

You can also do some searching on the net. This is a good page to begin with.
http://search.yahoo....uslim marriages

Did you know a Muslim man can marry a Christian woman, but a Christian man can not marry a Muslim woman? One has to ask why.

LMT

LMT
  • 3 posts
:emot-highfive:
helow helow im new here. does anyone know why I keep getting error message everytime i want to join the chat? ive been trying to join the chat for hours now. is there such thing as being banned from joining chat? I was in the chat room this morning and i didnt recall offending anyone? :emot-questioned:

:emot-questioned: :taped: :noidea:

oh btw, answering to Neds Q, the answer is: put God first above all things, if it feels wrong, and if you have doubt, even the slightest doubt...then dont do it. Personally I dont recommend you to do it.

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts

helow helow im new here. does anyone know why I keep getting error message everytime i want to join the chat? ive been trying to join the chat for hours now. is there such thing as being banned from joining chat? I was in the chat room this morning and i didnt recall offending anyone? :emot-questioned:

oh btw, answering to Neds Q, the answer is: put God first above all things, if it feels wrong, and if you have doubt, even the slightest doubt...then dont do it. Personally I dont recommend you to do it.

Hi LMT and welcome.

I just wanted to let you know we are having technical difficulties with chat at the moment. You aren't banned from chat, everyone is having the same issues. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Welcome to worthy :).

Candice

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts
Hello LMT

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts

Welcome LMT :)

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Neds I have known many couples that are unqually yoked as the Bible calls believers being married to unbelievers, it rarely ever works out. They are miserable and when they have children you have to decide how and with whom they will go to church with. Muslims hate Christians and desire that we all convert to being Muslim. I knew some Muslim young men when I was young oh the loved American girls, and they wanted to take home American wives but I heard many horror stories of how they were and are treated after marriage. It's so different it's like nite and day. You would be his property, not allowed any say in how your male children are raised. Women to them are like chattle (cattle) nothing but mere things to be owned and used. Sorry to be so blunt but this is how they believe. No matter how loving they are before marriage they radically change after marriage. God bless you I will pray for you to chose who the Lord has for you. God bless hugs

Not a good Idea. I am praying for you.

Psalm126

Psalm126
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I'm trying to post a reply. I'm new and I don't get how this works. :b:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I'm trying to post a reply. I'm new and I don't get how this works. :b:

At the bottom right of a person's post are button selections: "Reply" and "Multiquote". If you want to reply to a specific post, click this Reply button.

Then type your response in the Reply Box below the Quote (which is marked by [ quote] [ /quote] - without the spaces.)

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,183 posts

Josh 24:15
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. KJV

The choice of serving God is a lifetime commitment and one the supersedes all else even our desire for a companion! The one writing this to you testifies sorrow and tears if you choose this man before God... Love, Steven

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network