christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it too late?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
So, I'm going to turn 19 this February. Even though I'm over the age of 16, I finally have a late interest in driving. Is it too late for me to learn how to drive? I really want to learn now, and I didn't think about it when I was 16. I'm getting tired of being driven around. Can you pray that I can have courage to practice driving? My main concern is, the people at the driving tests will probably think I'm weird for taking a driving test at 19 years old. I figured it's time to learn.
Thoughts?

BFP

BFP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
LOL! I didn't drive until I was 23, and I was just as nervous as you are. Many women don't drive early...I have a sister in law that is 30 and still doesn't drive. You go girl, 19 is a great age to start...and it really isn't as hard as it looks.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
Didn't pass the test until I was 19.

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

LOL! I didn't drive until I was 23, and I was just as nervous as you are. Many women don't drive early...I have a sister in law that is 30 and still doesn't drive. You go girl, 19 is a great age to start...and it really isn't as hard as it looks.

Really? That makes me feel better going into it at this age now. Thanks :)

BFP

BFP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Really? That makes me feel better going into it at this age now. Thanks :)

Good :) The only reason I did do it was because my husband forced me to...he wanted me to be more independant. If it weren't for him I don't know if I would have until much later. You can do it!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

I'm getting tired of being driven around.
Thoughts?

When you get to my age you suddenly apprciate being driven around :rolleyes:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
No, it's never too late to learn how to drive.

Drivers Ed. instructors are used to all types, so there's no need to be concerned about their perception of you. They know the nervousness of people behind the wheel.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

I'm getting tired of being driven around.
Thoughts?

When you get to my age you suddenly apprciate being driven around :rolleyes:

:laughing:

lorrie323

lorrie323
  • Members
  • 36 posts
I've got you all beat i did't get mine until i was 30!!!! It is never to late and I was just scared of failure!

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
well i sat for my test to get my licence at the age off 44 so its never to late to learn to drive i am 45 yrs old i should have gotten my licence when i was young but got so use to public transport saves paying car insurance petrol and so on i learnt to drive from a young age growing up on a farm helps as you can not get into trouble driving on your own property

i sat for my manual licence that way you get to drive an automatic my driving instructor who was German was shocked so don"t ever say is it to late all due to how old you are

sheya joie

sheya joie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
I'm another who didn't learn to drive till I was 23. I didn't feel ready to handle the responsibility until then, and I figured if I didn't think I should be driving, the state of Kentucky probably didn't want me behind the wheel either. :whistling:

On the other hand, once I was ready, I found it wasn't that hard to learn and I passed both tests fairly easily. And as soon as I had my license, my mom took the shotgun seat and told me now it was my turn to chauffeur her around! ;)

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts
I also was just 23 when I got my driver's license, even though I had a learner's permit at 16 or 17. It was being married and having to get around town adn to work easier that I felt it was time.

I figure the older a person is, the more mature he or she may be---and that can only be a good thing.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts
Nodody is going to think anything about your age, and so what if they do? You can't let that kind of fear stop you. You will do just fine, and since you are a little older, you will be more mature and ready to take the responsibility serious. Go for it.

giggling appy

giggling appy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Your not alone in just learning to drive. Lots of people much older are also learning to drive for the first time too. Its nice to be able to take yourself someplace when you want to and not have to wait for someone else to drive you somewhere.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,413 posts
Praying~!

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,576 posts
Dont understand the worry about the age ... here in the Uk you have to be 17 to start to learn and they dont teach it at school so loads and loads of people are much older before they even think of driving . My mother was in her 40's before she learned I was 30 and had 4 children before it became necessary for me to learn to drive .... If you worry about what other people wil think of you you will never do anything in life :emot-shakehead:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network