christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

End times prophecy is confusing

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Why is that? Why does God have christians pulling their hair out trying to figure it all out?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

That is a good question.If you take the Bible literally as it is intended it should not be so confusing.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,535 posts

My guess would be that he doesn't want us to crawl under a rock and hide......   which is most likely what most of us would want to do if we knew exactly what and when things are going to happen.

That would just ge a guess on my part.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

2,000 years ago the Hebrews witnessed the unfolding of prophecy. How did they react? They killed Him.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

Lets face it.We are going to get to heaven no matter what the outcome.Isn't that the most important?Why fuss over the details?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,109 posts

2,000 years ago the Hebrews witnessed the unfolding of prophecy. How did they react? They killed Him.

That is sad  :(

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

I think in most part Churches for centuries did not want much to deal with books such as Revelation. Who can make sense of a dragon Beasts and all such things. Maybe I am wrong but End times did not become popular either until the late 19th century or early 20th century. World War 1 for example brought forth the idea we are at the very end. This is when the Jehovah Witnesses predicted the end of the world in 1914. course World War 2 pretty much had the same effect believing Hitler was the antichrist.

I believe since 1948 since the Jews returned back to Israel it was a milestone that myriads of Churches not wanted to know Bible Prophecy unlike no time ever before They were confused then and we are just as confused now.

Pretty much Prophecy is not every day kind of talk. Prophecy is a word dependent on God’s understanding. Worldly wisdom does not know these things. Why is it so confusing? I think God only wants true believers to have at least basic discernment of Prophecy. What happens to us when we don’t know the answers? We continue to ask God. Then we are still looking and looking again.

What do we do? We rely on God. I don’t know why God wrote this symbolically. Why couldn’t he just tell us plainly? And the answer is while even though we can figure out some things still in a large portion we are standing confused in a great mystery. And for some reason it may be perhaps God does not want us to know everything until it has all happened.

Just like the disciples did not know of Jesus purpose not until actually Jesus was raised from the dead. They invited him to eat and did not know him. Once Jesus spoke the word they then could see him.

So perhaps when all this is done and over we will then understand why. We should always be asking God why. Because if we don’t then it would mean we already know the answers and that would make people not Pray to God. So we not need to worry of many confusing things. This confusion draws us more to want to know God’s plan and how Bible Prophecy will come forth.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

My guess would be that he doesn't want us to crawl under a rock and hide......   which is most likely what most of us would want to do if we knew exactly what and when things are going to happen.

That would just ge a guess on my part.

Yeah but sooner or later wouldn't we figure it out, that christians haven't been on the same page for centuries?..the preterism and futurism views? Why even try to figure it out when we know we can't. The only way to figure out end times is for more prophecies to be fulfilled. We've been waiting for new prophecies to be fulfilled since 1948 and 1967. 46 years. I don't think God intended us to fully understand it, and I believe it doesn't lessen my walk with Christ either if I don't understand. All Jesus told us to do is to be watchful, love others, give to the needy and follow him. Everything else is up for question.

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Why is that? Why does God have christians pulling their hair out trying to figure it all out?

Why do you think God wants you to figure it out; after all  today is the day of your salvation and urgency is always presented.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Why do you think God wants you to figure it out; after all  today is the day of your salvation and urgency is always presented.

Responsibility, maturity, growing in the spirit.

When I'm not doing these things it's frustrating.

And the Bible is the word of God.

I guess he's showing me I will know what I know in his own time. (deep breath) :18:

Today is the day of my salvation?

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Luk 19:9-10  And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.  (10)  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

2Co 6:2  For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Lord Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection has redeemed the Earth and saved everyone who believes.

Are you saved this day otherwise become urgent. Of course this urgency involves every human.

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Well firstly it is not really God's fault, it is man's fault. And also if you believe that the devil is a sly old fox, then he would have his preachers pretending to be Christians preaching a lot of falsehood concerning prophecy and confusing the issue making it hard for the person who really wants to understand the truth to understand.

But even before that, there is a special reason why the book of revelation was written that way. Remember John was on the Isle of Patmos when he got these visions and wrote what he saw and had to give it to the Romans for request they send it out for him. Now if John had actually named names, their name would have been called and they most likely would have destroyed the writings. But to them when they see all these things about beasts and dragons, they laughed and mocked it and thought John had gone mad, so they gladly sent it out.  

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,535 posts

and we'd be in a lot of trouble if they hadn't...

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,535 posts

I think it's because we're really not supposed to figure it out ahead of time...   Can you imagine the world where some group of people looked out in shock and said hey the Romans are about to kill God....   we can't let that happen.....   

I think we are supposed to recognize it has happened but not see it coming.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

That is sad  :(

It's not really sad. It was designed to happen. Satan wanted him dead. God knew that and so Satan was fooled into killing him. He was meant to die so that he could rise again.

That was the secret plan. That was God's military intelligence at work. Satan was tricked into fulfilling prophecy and God used the fallen Jews as his tool.

You see, nobody can blame the Jews. Many good Jews followed Christ and the earliest Christians were actually Jews. It wasn't the Jews who were corrupt, it was their leaders, the priests. It's just the same with the U.S.A. Your average American is decent and law-abiding, but the U.S. government is corrupt. If America falls it will be because of the government, and the liars and  fools who enabled the government.

God punishes people (temporarily) because of their kings. The Jews had their punishment - nearly two thousand years of exile and persecution - but now their chastisement is over. Their fortunes have been restored and they are back in the promised land.

The trouble is, Satan won't let it go. He has gathered his armies together to keep on trying to punish Israel, but God's patience is running thin. He will soon punish Israel's persecutors.

So it's not sad that Jesus died. That was his secret mission. Satan was probably fuming mad when that happened. When Jesus died he thought he had won and it must have been incredibly infuriating for him when Jesus descended into Hades and then rose again. I bet Satan was hopping mad. It must have hurt his pride to know that he had been tricked. He's been wanting revenge ever since!

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

I think it's because we're really not supposed to figure it out ahead of time...   Can you imagine the world where some group of people looked out in shock and said hey the Romans are about to kill God....   we can't let that happen.....   

I think we are supposed to recognize it has happened but not see it coming.

That's true. Prophecy unfolds slowly and reveals itself, bit by bit. We will understand more things closer to the time.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,419 posts

Well firstly it is not really God's fault, it is man's fault. And also if you believe that the devil is a sly old fox, then he would have his preachers pretending to be Christians preaching a lot of falsehood concerning prophecy and confusing the issue making it hard for the person who really wants to understand the truth to understand.

But even before that, there is a special reason why the book of revelation was written that way. Remember John was on the Isle of Patmos when he got these visions and wrote what he saw and had to give it to the Romans for request they send it out for him. Now if John had actually named names, their name would have been called and they most likely would have destroyed the writings. But to them when they see all these things about beasts and dragons, they laughed and mocked it and thought John had gone mad, so they gladly sent it out.  

You know, P.K., I have never heard John's reasons for writing Revelation the way he did put in that way.  It's makes perfect sense!  You're right, the Romans would definitely have stopped his writings right there if they thought they were prophetic...... or even lucid.   

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts

He doesn't.  The problem is that you are trying to fill in the blanks without having all of the information.   There is no need to figure it all out.  We have enough on our plate as it is.  Live for Jesus in the here and now and leave the future in His hands.  We will understand it all in the fulness of time.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

He doesn't.  The problem is that you are trying to fill in the blanks without having all of the information.   There is no need to figure it all out.  We have enough on our plate as it is.  Live for Jesus in the here and now and leave the future in His hands.  We will understand it all in the fulness of time.

You are right. Thank you shiloh.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

So it's not sad that Jesus died. That was his secret mission. Satan was probably fuming mad when that happened. When Jesus died he thought he had won and it must have been incredibly infuriating for him when Jesus descended into Hades and then rose again. I bet Satan was hopping mad. It must have hurt his pride to know that he had been tricked. He's been wanting revenge ever since!

I don't think Satan was fooled. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network