christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi, I'm brand new from WA

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Wintergirl

Wintergirl
  • 2 posts

Hi everybody from the NW corner of WA state up against the Canadian border! I'm excited to be here! I'm a 44 yr old (but mentally 28, haha) mama to 2 little boys, ages 4 and 1 (but both turning the next year in January so soon will be 5 & 2). I met my wonderful husband later in life and he is a Christian and we've been married almost 8 years.

I joined because I have an "issue." I was raised in a Jewish home but never "clicked" with Judaism.  I had a lonely childhood, mentally abusive and/or absent parents and never felt a loving God until my hubby introduced me to him going to Evangelical churches in my 30's. I was saved actually in my 20's but strayed on and off. My parents who claim to be jewish don't even believe in a higher power and do things to be "traditional" but freak out with outrage if I don't do them. So the day before Christmas my mom was on the phone with me in one of her moods. She has disowned me multiple times in my life, gone years at a time without speaking to me because I was dating a nonjew, married a nonjew, or didn't make enough money in my job to please her. She has a Narcissistic personality and can't think beyond herself, plus she has Borderline Personality Disorder, and lots of rage, yelling/screaming at the top of her lungs at me my entire life which cause me a lot of anxiety/depression. But here I thought I was over that. I'm 44 for God's sake!!! I'm a full time stay at home mommy to 2 little angels who take all my time & energy as they should.

But my mom FREAKED and started going OFF on me Dec 23rd because I admitted I was baking Christmas cookies with my little boys, and that I'd taken them out to see Christmas lights in Stanley Park, Vancouver Canada (which was AMAZING), and when she asked if I was going to church Christmas Eve I admitted it. She was yelliing, then crying that I disprespect her and now her and my dad are not speaking to me. It hurts. It hurts into my soul and I Keep praying for healing in Jesus' name. She does not know I am a Christian because if she did I'd be dead to her. You have to understand the culture... But how do I get over this?? She's in southern CA, 1500 miles away but even at this age and distance I can't stop crying because I never had a mother or father who loved me, just one (mother) who beat me and screamed at me and a father who joined in the screaming (he has Aspergers) and was always ready to drop me out of his life with no emotion. Never have I known loving parents, but I want to get to know my loving Heavenly Father better. How do I get over this??? Anyone else have a controlling, over bearing, narcissistic mother???

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Welcome to Worthy Winter.It is nice to have you here with us.It sounds like you have had an abusive past.I am sorry.It also sounds like you have a challenge for believing in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.I also live in the State of Washington but SW Washington.I will pray for you :th_praying:

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,466 posts

Hi everybody from the NW corner of WA state up against the Canadian border! I'm excited to be here! I'm a 44 yr old (but mentally 28, haha) mama to 2 little boys, ages 4 and 1 (but both turning the next year in January so soon will be 5 & 2). I met my wonderful husband later in life and he is a Christian and we've been married almost 8 years.

I joined because I have an "issue." I was raised in a Jewish home but never "clicked" with Judaism.  I had a lonely childhood, mentally abusive and/or absent parents and never felt a loving God until my hubby introduced me to him going to Evangelical churches in my 30's. I was saved actually in my 20's but strayed on and off. My parents who claim to be jewish don't even believe in a higher power and do things to be "traditional" but freak out with outrage if I don't do them. So the day before Christmas my mom was on the phone with me in one of her moods. She has disowned me multiple times in my life, gone years at a time without speaking to me because I was dating a nonjew, married a nonjew, or didn't make enough money in my job to please her. She has a Narcissistic personality and can't think beyond herself, plus she has Borderline Personality Disorder, and lots of rage, yelling/screaming at the top of her lungs at me my entire life which cause me a lot of anxiety/depression. But here I thought I was over that. I'm 44 for God's sake!!! I'm a full time stay at home mommy to 2 little angels who take all my time & energy as they should.

But my mom FREAKED and started going OFF on me Dec 23rd because I admitted I was baking Christmas cookies with my little boys, and that I'd taken them out to see Christmas lights in Stanley Park, Vancouver Canada (which was AMAZING), and when she asked if I was going to church Christmas Eve I admitted it. She was yelliing, then crying that I disprespect her and now her and my dad are not speaking to me. It hurts. It hurts into my soul and I Keep praying for healing in Jesus' name. She does not know I am a Christian because if she did I'd be dead to her. You have to understand the culture... But how do I get over this?? She's in southern CA, 1500 miles away but even at this age and distance I can't stop crying because I never had a mother or father who loved me, just one (mother) who beat me and screamed at me and a father who joined in the screaming (he has Aspergers) and was always ready to drop me out of his life with no emotion. Never have I known loving parents, but I want to get to know my loving Heavenly Father better. How do I get over this??? Anyone else have a controlling, over bearing, narcissistic mother???

:thumbsup:

Welcome

Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:14-17

To Worthy

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:10-12

Beloved Daughter

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. Isaiah 66:5

Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Praying For Your Mother And For Your Father

For Jacob's Kids And For Dear Israel

For Your Boys And Your Man

And For The IDF

And For You

Thank You Abba Father For Answered Prayer

In The Name Of Yeshua, Of Jesus

Amen

I Love You LORD Jesus

I Love You

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello and welcome to worthy. :th_wave:

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Welcome :)

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I admire your strength in the situation you are in.  You are so right about the culture of Judaism.  If Jews only knew how much most Christians loved them- if they only knew.  Lost my best friend from childhood because his wife is Jewish and doesn't want him to be friends with a Christian.  It being your parents I can't imagine how hard that can be.

It's very hard to break through that barrier.  You might could try and teach your parents about Jesus from the Torah but they do sound quite unreasonable.  Stay strong and pray, pray, pray.

On the bright side you do live in one beautiful area!  :mgcheerful:

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Welcome to Worthy! You are almost a Canadian!! Do no let go of your heritage. Search out Chosen People Ministries in the WA area they will help you deal with your parents and help you keep your heritage alive for your children. Happy Messiahmas to you and yours.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network