christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Hitler was not a Christian and should never be called one

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

I've heard a number of Christian-bashers claim that Hitler was a Christian, but he wasn't.

It's important that we defend our faith and stand up for the word of the true God but sometimes we need facts and explanations in order to do so. Here is something for you all to ponder:

________________________________________________________________________________________

Although Adolf Hitler was probably raised as a Christian (Roman Catholic) there is strong evidence that he despised Christianity and he certainly did not follow its teachings. He sometimes used Christian analogies in order to gain favour with the predominantly Christian German population, but he had no regard for its teachings except where it suited him. Hitler however held the religion of Islam in high regard. Below is a quote from Hitler himself :

"The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us

than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and

flabbiness …?"

Adolf Hitler (from the memoirs of Albert Speer, Hitler‘s minister of armaments)

Here is another quote that demonstrates Hitler's views on Christianity:

"The Fuhrer is deeply religious, though completely anti-Christian. He views Christianity as a symptom of decay. Rightly so. It is a branch of the Jewish race... Both [Judaism and Christianity] have no point of contact to the animal element, and thus, in the end, they will be destroyed. The Fuhrer is a convinced vegetarian, on principle. His arguments cannot be refuted on any serious basis. They are totally unanswerable."

Joesph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda

Adolf Hitler, who had read the Q'uran, admired Islam because of its military ideology, because Muslims worship a God that you have to fight and die for, and because of the Prophet Mohammed’s infamous hatred of the Jews, a characteristic shared by Hitler himself. Hitler's book 'Mein Kampf' shows striking parallels to the Q'uran.

In 1941 Hitler teamed up with Muslim Arab leader Amin al-Husseini who not only helped him in his plans to deport Jews by smuggling Nazi money into the Middle East, but also raised an SS division of Bosnian Muslims, an army specifically designed to fight on the side of the Nazis.

Many other leading Nazis were also admirers of Islam and after the war some of them,  including Goebbels’ aide, Johannes Von Leers and the SS officer, Otto Skorzeny  escaped to the Middle East and converted to Islam to start new lives. Von-Leers changed his name to Omar Amin and became a top official in the Egyptian information ministry.

Despite these historical facts, Hitler is often labelled as a Christian. This is absolute nonsense.  Hitler was not a Christian and had no respect for Christians or for the teachings of the Bible.

Hitler was also known to have associations with the occult. The infamous astrologer, hypnotist and clairvoyant, Erik Jan Hanussen was known to have lectured Hitler in charisma and public-speaking.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Why in the world would anyone think Hitler was a Christian?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Why in the world would anyone think Hiltler was a Christian?

Some people do, especially the ones who criticise our faith. I've been told before that Hitler was a Christian by those who who wish to blame Christianity for all the ills in the World. I was just trying to give solid arguments to throw back at such people.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Look at all he killed.Look at all the evil.That is not a Christian.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts
A thought just crossed my mind about Hitler. I have never read anywhere that he himself actually killed anyone. I find it rather interesting how he got so many to the things that happened during his time in power. He didn't actually kill any Jews, he taught Germans to hate Jews and they willingly did the killing... If someone can do that with educated Germans, one who is talented could do that with just about any group of people.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,039 posts

A thought just crossed my mind about Hitler. I have never read anywhere that he himself actually killed anyone. I find it rather interesting how he got so many to the things that happened during his time in power. He didn't actually kill any Jews, he taught Germans to hate Jews and they willingly did the killing... If someone can do that with educated Germans, one who is talented could do that with just about any group of people.

:thumbsup:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

I know that BoPeep but I'm trying to destroy the arguments of Christian-bashers, not yours.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

They also kill who give the orders to kill.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

I know that BoPeep but I'm trying to destroy the arguments of Christian-bashers, not yours. Some people genuinely think that Christianity commands people to murder others. I'm trying to show that Hitler wasn't even a Christian, nor did he even claim to be one.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yes...

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Yes...

He fought in World War One as a corporal in the trenches. Apparently, he loved fighting in the war. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't kill a few people then.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

I find it quite obvious Hitler was of the evil. How he convinced the German population to carry out the atrocities that they did, is a question we're still trying to answer. I've read some very good secular answers and some are true. But there is a certain duality in our world that I don't understand. In the case of Hitler, the explanation of how he did it is both secular and spiritual. This is a fallen world and Satan rules except for when God over rides him. Therefore Hitler convinced the Germans to murder millions of people because he had the devil on his side. But thanks be to God it wasn't his will for Hitler to control the world. We had God on our side, and when God is for you, no one can be against you, and win.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

I find it quite obvious Hitler was of the evil. How he convinced the German population to carry out the atrocities that they did, is a question we're still trying to answer. I've read some very good secular answers and some are true. But there is a certain duality in our world that I don't understand. In the case of Hitler, the explanation of how he did it is both secular and spiritual. This is a fallen world and Satan rules except for when God over rides him. Therefore Hitler convinced the Germans to murder millions of people because he had the devil on his side. But thanks be to God it wasn't his will for Hitler to control the world. We had God on our side, and when God is for you, no one can be against you, and win.

Hitler tried to destroy the Jewish bloodline on Satan's orders. Evil people can be very charismatic and persuasive. Many Germans were fooled by him until it was too late.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

:thumbsup:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Yes, and that is what Nazi Germany was all about.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

It depends on how you define a Christian.  If all you are saying is that someone believes in Jesus, you could make the argument that some of the worst people on the planet are Christians.  Even the devils believe in Jesus and tremble at his name.  I believe as John the Baptist does that if a person claims to follow God, there will be fruit that shows they came to a place of repentance.  Hitler was one of the most wicked men to ever live.  Could he have been deceived?  There is no question about it, but being deceived doesn't mean you aren't accountable for what you do.  He had a hatred for God's people, and sought to destroy them.  A Christian wouldn't do that.  A professing Christian might, but not a real Christian.  Many people in hate groups like the KKK claim to be Christians, but their works show that to be a lie.  I have heard atheists make this claim to bash Christians, but I never took them serious.  You could have a serial killer claim to be a Christian, but we know them by their fruit.  That is how I would respond to anyone that claimed Hitler is a Christian.  In works, he denied Jesus.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I took care of a holocaust survivor.She was in her late 80's.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,764 posts

He also tried to change the bible. He obsessed over the occult. His actions in many ways showed he was not a believer, just in case that whole genocide stuff doesnt convince anyone.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,183 posts

I took care of a holocaust survivor.She was in her late 80's.

What was she like?

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,183 posts
It doesn't take one long to realize ethnicity is so shallow that those who hold
to such are of little value... Love, Steven

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

This question may have been asked before: do you think Hitler may have been possessed?

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network