christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Advent of the Killing Robot

* * * * * 1 votes Bionics AI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Ever since I saw the Bionic arm on CNN news I figured the killing robot was next. I saw a special last night, and the Bot looked clumsy and ineffective. I'm sure we have better ones in secret. This is what we need in Nigeria. When I first read about killer Bots the whole idea was to send them into combat rather than human soldiers. They would go first, and once they smoke out the enemy and snipers, human soldiers would follow. How far are we from having working, effective killer Bots?  My guess is we already have them. I didn't know we had a working Bionic arm until last week. The Military keeps secrets better than anyone.

Killer Bots are great unless their software ever becomes Self Aware. At that point we may reach the day of the Terminator. I think some or part of the technology and software comes from non human sources, and that's the problem.

Does anyone else think we already have autonomous killing bots, but we're keeping them secret until we really need to use them?

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts

Yes, absolutely.  The U.S. military usually doesn't reveal something until it's used.  Weaponry, that is.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,813 posts
I would agree MG... we normally don't show things until thay are in use.... and in some cases loke the SR71, not until they retire it.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Either that, or they admit they have it as with the F-117 Stealth Fighters. They didn't exist before they announce them, but we'd had them for years before that.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

So then why aren't we using them in Afghanistan? All the parents I know with kids in the military don't want their kids killed in the ME war. Given that a parent would never want to see their son/daughter killed or wounded in a war, a war like WW 2 was different. Hitler had to be stopped at all costs. From what my parents and Uncles told me, it was common knowledge that if we didn't fight Hitler in Europe we'd have to fight him on the East coast of America. Even the young men who enlisted would rather fight Hitler in Europe because by doing that whoever survived would have a homeland to come back to. But Vietnam was a different story and so in the ME. Knowing our government, I wouldn't be surprised if a Bot costs more than a typical foot soldier. So they let the human get killed because it's cheaper. It also helps reduce the population. Some elitist folks want that too.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts

Idave_zps92bdf9fa.jpg

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,813 posts

Idave_zps92bdf9fa.jpg

I'm sure I'll dream about that tonight....  LoL

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Did you dream about it OO?  I was thinking more along the lines of the Robots in Robocop, the big ones that couldn't go up or down steps. They were scary mechdudes.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,813 posts

I did dream about Robots and it is still Patriots fault.....    It's that cover robot on the ESET antivirus software.   Dreamed he was messing with our heads.....   But I had also been reading a book by Tom Horn about trans-humanism.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts

whats amazing is how closely Esets robot resembles the robot(s) from I,Robot. Whats even scarrier, is if they made I,Robots voice any deeper it would sound just like Hal. . .

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Terminators, man. Terminators . . . :whistling:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network