christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to deal with the influx of illegally immigrated children

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

As an American I am shocked to see this tide and surge in illegal immigration.  From a cynical standpoint, it looks like pro-amnesty idealogues are using human shields to "nudge" (force) Americans into accepting unconditional amnesty.

As a Christian, I can't help but want to help them.  Their parents abandoned them, told them to go North and hope America will accept them.  What if we turned them away?  Thousands of minors would be forced to march south through the desert. and survive on their own.

My solution, is for as many Conservative Christians, as can, to find a way to foster, adopt, or teach them.  I believe Christ wouldn't want us to turn them away.  They have no one now.  He would want us to teach them His ways, and strengthen His Church.

Do we really want to abandon tens of thousands, if not millions of morally, spiritually, educationally, and materially impoverished people to the progressives?  They will teach them nothing but racial, cultural, and religious supremacy, and will teach them to ask themselves not what they can do for their adopted country, but what can their adopted nation do for them.

We have to play the game, but if we do it out of love and compassion for them, I know we can make it good.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts

I'm in agreement with you on feeling a sense of responsibility for these children's futures, Justin.  I'm NOT understanding what 'Progressives' they will end up with if we turn them away.  I think they would be more likely to die or be trafficked than turned into liberals.  What am I not seeing here?

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Interests:Ridng my motorcycle, coaching/playing intramural sports, reading, studying, running, fantasy football, etc.

I'm in agreement with you on feeling a sense of responsibility for these children's futures, Justin.  I'm NOT understanding what 'Progressives' they will end up with if we turn them away.  I think they would be more likely to die or be trafficked than turned into liberals.  What am I not seeing here?

LOL, I know it sometimes seems like politics is all I'm interested in.  I'm more concerned with them being put into the foster system until they become old enough to go on welfare.  I don't trust the State to teach them how to assimilate into the US and become responsible, productive citizens.  From what I've seen, the federal government is more interested in balkanizing the US than uniting it behind borders, language and culture.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts

LOL, I know it sometimes seems like politics is all I'm interested in.  I'm more concerned with them being put into the foster system until they become old enough to go on welfare.  I don't trust the State to teach them how to assimilate into the US and become responsible, productive citizens.  From what I've seen, the federal government is more interested in balkanizing the US than uniting it behind borders, language and culture.

Okay, I see what you mean now.  But it's very unlikely they can find foster homes for that many kids, most of them teenagers.  I suspect there is a game plan behind this sudden influx of people under 25; not sure what (or who is orchestrating it) but it's just weird enough to be a plot.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,801 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Question::::::     How could we take these kids and do something with them that would better both the kids and the US at the same time.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Teach them how to be Americans, teach them our values, teach them that everything comes with a price and there are no hand-outs.  Teach them that those values are what made America so great that they wanted to leave everything behind and live here.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,801 posts

Who could you trust to do that?    Certainly not the Government.....    the only group of people I can think of with the structure to do that would be the Catholic Church.  

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Interests:Hunt, Fish, shoot pool, snooker read kjv read Worthy

Teach them how to be Americans, teach them our values, teach them that everything comes with a price and there are no hand-outs.  Teach them that those values are what made America so great that they wanted to leave everything behind and live here.

the schools and or government cant teach american kids how to be americans.

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Although I agree with most of your posts, I think you've stumbled on this last remark.

America no longer HAS any values to speak of - unless of course you refer to unbridled hedonism, perpetual sexual indulgences, unlimited drug legalization and use, mockery of all things Judeo-Christian, murderous pointless foreign policy, and so on.  America is no longer great.  According to every survey and international study in recent years, the United States has fallen to third world status or less in nearly every single category that matters.  The one exception is our military, which no longer possesses technological superiority, combat readiness or a moral foundation for its operations.  It is still the greatest in terms of numbers, however.

Don't get me wrong.   The dwindling majority of the American people are hard working, mostly honest, and adhere to something resembling a philosophical standard.   Our government is something else, however.   It is truly said that people get the government they deserve.  It's also been truly said that many love their country but hate their government (a position I personally identify with).   In short, America has the best politicians money can buy.  But they do not serve America well.

The failure of the church to impress the majority of American citizens with anything resembling a coherent moral and spiritual philosophy is the primary reason for our decline as a nation and a people.

Americans who actually work for a living learn principles, not from the pulpit generally, but from the give and take of the work place.   Paying one's bills, earning an honest living and behaving in a constructive and consistent manner are things that build a good life, a solid family and a decent community.  These are values which build a nation and values which greedy dishonest men use to their advantage BOTH in the work place and in the community.  But the transmission of these values from the senior generation (which earns the money to pay the bills) to the younger generation (which ought to be taught how to earn their own money) has been broken.  

Schools and debauched government have conspired to destroy the principles whereby greedy men can make their money.   In effect, corruption kills the golden goose.  It makes no sense, but there it is.

And where is God in all this mockery of civilization?  Nowhere at all.  America has told Father, Son and Holy Ghost to hit the road and hit the road they have.   The nation is now under judgment.   Lacking divine providence to guide us through troubled waters, we are left, each of us, to stand alone in the storm and salvage what we can of the wreck which multiplies each day.   If our foundation is on the solid rock of Jesus Christ we will survive (minus a few amenities).   If our foundation is on the shifting sand of social values we shall surely fall.

It isn't social values we need to transmit to the younger generation.  It is the blood of Jesus Christ.  He alone can save us.  It is this application of blood for which we need to beg God's mercy.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft... 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,801 posts

the more I read about these kids it may well be that Mexico is just emptying thier criminal juvenile jails in our back yard.  We may well just need to put them back over the fence.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Justin

I'm sorry,I am probably going to really get an earful hear & you all will probably say"What is up with Kwik?"but I have a real problem with immigrants(maybe my problem is more with our gov't & it's leniency),partially because I come from a family of immigrants who came to America legally & had to jump through hoops when they got here ,willing to do whatever it took to BE AN AMERICAN.They could not even work until they learned the language & they did,real fast ........they did not come to this country to get welfare,medicaid,food stamps ,gov't grants & every other freebie that ouhr gov't hands out to these people in a heartbeat while the American who worked & paid taxes all their life gets a terminal illness & is denied for Soc Sec disability!!!!

Justin,am I barking up the wrong tree?Perhaps I do not even understand what you are talking about & I am just hearing the word "immigrant":?LOL,maybe you can help me to understand ? Where are these kids you are talking about coming from?You said their parents tell them to go North,so they have parents.......how did they get here & where are they getting in?  We do not seem tho have the resources,means,facilities or organizations to take care of our own starving,homeless & abandoned children.....should they not come first

See,I just feel like our gov't is much to lenient & tolerant of illegal immigrants,it is not like it was 75-80 yrs ago,when my grandparents arrived & they were legal......illegals were deported,period....caught & deported,,,,,no question! I just cannot see how or why these people are tolerated & not only that,a red carpet is rolled out for them.I live in South Florida Justin ,I know of a lot of illegals from many different countries & they get better benefits than I can.I understand you are talking about children but I would send them back to their parents.As I Christian,it saddens me that we cannot tke care of them all but it is their peoples responsibility to take care of them ,not ours & we AS CHRISTIANS need to take care of ours first,how can ijt be right to try & take care of everyone elses kids or countrymen & neglect ours.....Christians & churches are always setting up organizations  to do this & that for some country I never even heard of ,meanwhile there are 2 or 3 people or families in the church that are losing their homes & have no food in their frig

I don't know if it sounds like I don't care about these immigrant kids & people,because I do ....I just feel like if we pulled together to get our own country & citizens in good shape & saw to it that we all do well then there are that many more that can help others,do you know what I mean.?If we could take care of,provide for & even educate  the poor & needy in this country then as a whole we would have the people & the means to reach outside of America .....rather than have more of our poor ,uneducated kids growing up to be unproductive needy people,does that make sense?

I am all for digging water wells in deserts & jungles but not at someone else's expense,,,,,,God forgive me & show me what is right if I am in err

With love-in Christ,Kwik

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Blessings Justin

I'm sorry,I am probably going to really get an earful hear & you all will probably say"What is up with Kwik?"but I have a real problem with immigrants(maybe my problem is more with our gov't & it's leniency),partially because I come from a family of immigrants who came to America legally & had to jump through hoops when they got here ,willing to do whatever it took to BE AN AMERICAN.They could not even work until they learned the language & they did,real fast ........they did not come to this country to get welfare,medicaid,food stamps ,gov't grants & every other freebie that ouhr gov't hands out to these people in a heartbeat while the American who worked & paid taxes all their life gets a terminal illness & is denied for Soc Sec disability!!!!

Justin,am I barking up the wrong tree?Perhaps I do not even understand what you are talking about & I am just hearing the word "immigrant":?LOL,maybe you can help me to understand ? Where are these kids you are talking about coming from?You said their parents tell them to go North,so they have parents.......how did they get here & where are they getting in?  We do not seem tho have the resources,means,facilities or organizations to take care of our own starving,homeless & abandoned children.....should they not come first

See,I just feel like our gov't is much to lenient & tolerant of illegal immigrants,it is not like it was 75-80 yrs ago,when my grandparents arrived & they were legal......illegals were deported,period....caught & deported,,,,,no question! I just cannot see how or why these people are tolerated & not only that,a red carpet is rolled out for them.I live in South Florida Justin ,I know of a lot of illegals from many different countries & they get better benefits than I can.I understand you are talking about children but I would send them back to their parents.As I Christian,it saddens me that we cannot tke care of them all but it is their peoples responsibility to take care of them ,not ours & we AS CHRISTIANS need to take care of ours first,how can ijt be right to try & take care of everyone elses kids or countrymen & neglect ours.....Christians & churches are always setting up organizations  to do this & that for some country I never even heard of ,meanwhile there are 2 or 3 people or families in the church that are losing their homes & have no food in their frig

I don't know if it sounds like I don't care about these immigrant kids & people,because I do ....I just feel like if we pulled together to get our own country & citizens in good shape & saw to it that we all do well then there are that many more that can help others,do you know what I mean.?If we could take care of,provide for & even educate  the poor & needy in this country then as a whole we would have the people & the means to reach outside of America .....rather than have more of our poor ,uneducated kids growing up to be unproductive needy people,does that make sense?

I am all for digging water wells in deserts & jungles but not at someone else's expense,,,,,,God forgive me & show me what is right if I am in err

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I have to agree with you here, Kwik. It might sound harsh but you can't just dump people into somebody's back yard and then guilt-trip the owner of the back yard into taking care of them by appealing to his Christian values. Where will it end?

I'll fly over to Florida, come to yours and then you can put me up, feed me, look after me and pay for my flight back home. Why not? Don't you care about me? I realise that this is a poor analogy because I can take care of myself. Nevertheless, why should people be made to feel bad because they can't take in every waif and stray that comes their way when there are others who are actually responsible for looking after them?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Oak,

Are you kidding!!!! C'mon down!!!!!!!Sounds great except I can't pay for your flight back :24: just kidding(not really)

Seriously though,that is exactly how I feel,,,,,I am a little relieved to hear you say that because I was wondering if it was just me,,,,,,,I worked hard my whole life & I have done my share of helping out ,since I had to go on disability I can hardly make ends meet & the gov't gives me a difficult time,it is like pulling teeth to get what I have paid for............yet,I see ILLEGAL immigrants getting benefits,,,,,can someone tell me how that works?They can't get a green card to enable then to get a job & yet they receive the maximum amount in food stamps??????And I get half?Is something wrong with this picture?

I liked your analogy,Oak.....we should not be made to feel a responsible for someone else's children and families......they are not orphans from the church.....they are somebodies kid that simply does not want to support their own child

Love,Kwik

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses.  I have a 4 year old daughter, and I couldn't imagine sending her off to some other country to fend for herself and hope for the good graces of the country I send her to, to take care of her.

I couldn't imagine choosing to not have her in my life anymore.

If the kids are too young to work legally, or support themselves, they will become wards of the state and will probably be foster kids/orphans until they become old enough to look after themselves.

If our government has no intention of returning them to their homeland, and instead has chosen to support them, all I am suggesting, is if we want to have any say in their upbringing, we will have to adopt/foster them ourselves.

I am not an advocate for illegal immigration, or amnesty, all I am saying is if we can, as individuals, try to adopt and foster them and teach them what our values are.  Otherwise, they will stay impoverished and dependent on government handouts for the rest of their lives.

If there is no way to send them back, then we have to try and make the best out of a very cynical and evil plan to disrupt our society.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, The Bible, Family, Discipleship, Friends, Israel, Movies

Are the children orphans? I heard they had families back home that were just waiting for the kids to be granted citizenship to then use their children as a means to enter the U.S.?

Or maybe I'm not looking at this whole situation properly... :noidea:

God bless,

GE

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Getting fewer as I get older.

the schools and or government cant teach american kids how to be americans.

And we are reminded of that every time a TV show does a "man on the street" Q&A with a student about US history, or current events.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Are the children orphans? I heard they had families back home that were just waiting for the kids to be granted citizenship to then use their children as a means to enter the U.S.?

Or maybe I'm not looking at this whole situation properly... :noidea:

God bless,

GE

That's pretty devious, using "dreamers" as de facto anchor babies, then use that as a premise to bring in their parents.

Enoc

Enoc

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

I'm stuck on how these folks from central america can leap frog over Mexico to end up on our borders. 

Breaking the law with the excuse of "Wanting a better life, and/or to take care of my family"doesn't add up to a hill of beans. At least 80% of the folks incarcerated make that claim. 

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.

best solution ive heard so far, give em a happy meal and ship em home. . .

Taker

Taker

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Music, jokes, dancing (I specialize in the ironic), card games and board games.

If we show them love then they will learn love.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network