• Latest Posts

• Sounds like the destruction of the Old Earth, never to rise again, because a New Earth is formed, no more sin, no more transgression.  All presence of Satan the Dragon is gone. All of what the fall of man did is gone. No weeds, no thorns, no decay.  Oneness with God the Father and His Son.  Eternally in the New Jerusalem. In Christ Montana Marv
    • Well, that was a whole lot of posting... I know you think you are articulate and very clear in your posts, and indeed in some portions you are. But the majority of it I honestly cannot follow your line of reasoning enough to know what your saying or asking. Plus, the volume of your addressment of me is way beyond what I would endeavor to respond to here out of respect for the thread. I know rabbit trails often happen, and that's ok if they eventually lead back to the OP. But you went way down the trail. Also, I know you felt the need to write all that, but maybe you should have message me and started a new post to reason this further. However, I don't feel you are really trying to reasoning anyways. Besides, there's too much you've put down for me to pick it up again and try and carry this discourse any further. Perhaps anther thread some time.... Stay blessable. 1 Cor. 8:2 - And if any man think that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. Perhaps now, sadly, might be a good time to close the thread. Sorry Marilyn C
    • Many have. Then they teach heresy.  Don't darken their doorstep. Sadly, many pastors will go to Hell.  Many religious people will go to Hell from the church pew.  Only Jesus can save you from Hell.  No church can do that.' Please don't confuse all churches with the failings of some.  There are still some Bible believing churches out there. The only theology the church should be teaching is contained in the Bible.  If it's not in the Bible, it's not God's word. The church exists to show you the way to salvation.  It is not there to be tolerant of sinful behavior.  The "constitution" of the church is the Holy Bible.  The Bible tells us that all are sinners, but it does not excuse adultery, drunkenness, idolatry, fornication, homosexuality, infanticide, theft, covetousness, false witness, or any other sin.  Sin comes with a consequence. You must be in the wrong church.  The church's job is to instruct, to council, to teach, to reprove and to preach the word of God. I have no experience with such a church.  You need to keep looking.  There are good ones out there. Many do that here; rephrasing God's word to suit their own agenda's.  I can give you a link to a good church that's on Youtube and Spotify if you would like.
    • I'll answer your perceived contradiction of the first paragraph of the second reply posted above. Otherwise I kinda agree with what you've said. Believers form four entities for God 1. They are His visible testimony in a physical universe 2. They are individually each a Temple as He dwells in them 3. They are corporately His House on earth 4. They are Bride espoused to His Son Jesus From Abraham God recorded what various men did and what He did. The end result is the Bible. The records these men wrote are inspired by God. Alongside of these men where the activities of thousands of other men which are part of God's plan but whose activities are not recorded. They executed God's will just as surely as the 40 or so "recorders", and just as surely as those whose actions were recorded. To Israel are given these "Oracles" and they form the Law and the prophets (as per our Lord's own words - Act.7:38, Rom.3:2). But our Lord Jesus also said that the Law is prophecy; 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. (Mt 11:13). And seeing as we believe the records of the New Testament "recorders", they fall under the statement; 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works 2 Ti 3:16–17. Adjacent to this claim, we have the definition of a prophet in 1st Corinthians 14:3–4 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4 ... he that prophesieth edifieth the church. So, the question is, did Paul prophesy? Does he fit the above verse. Did James prophesy? The answer is yes? They both spoke and recorded, or were recorded, so they are prophets. But the Household of Believers include the Old Testament saints. Abraham and Isaac will sit in the Kingdom and for entry into the Kingdom you must be born again (Jn.3:3-5). But the Church, which is made up of the born again ones, was not revealed to the Old Testament saints. It is revealed by Apostles. Thus, with Jesus giving the cohesion of the stabilizing Chief Corner stone, the Household is built into an Habitation based on the prophecy of ALL (because all fall under the category of prophet) and the special revelation of that which is given to the Apostles. Paul was such a one. But if I go to the Meeting on Sunday and give a 12 minute discourse on Jesus as the foundation of the Church, and the Lord is with me, I am a prophet but not a foundation. Likewise, if my Assembly chooses me and finances me to go to South Sudan with the object of teaching the full Oracles of God I fulfill the sense of an apostle (a sent one), but do not hold the OFFICE of Apostle.  Thus, we are admonished to seek the gift of prophecy, but not asked to desire the OFFICE of Apostle. The system of the Nicolaitans has largely stopped prophecy in the Church, but a sound Assembly should have nearly every one prophesying. Otherwise, how is Ephesians 4 to be accomplished. A timid young sister is encouraged to read a verse from a Psalm. This verse touches a man struggling with divorce. He is built up by the prophecy, but the sister (hopefully with a head covering) has prophesied - but is no "foundation". The foundation was the Psalmist. I hope this helps.  
    • Your reply is read and noted. I think we've both had our say. I'm happy to leave you with the last word.
  • Who's Online

80 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. BlueMoods
      BlueMoods
      58 years old
    2. Eslyn
      Eslyn
      38 years old
    3. Galisea
      Galisea
      32 years old