christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

foot and feet in Psalm 121:3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Dele

Dele
  • 4 posts

I was reading my bible yesterday when the verse bubbled in my spirit,He would not suffer you FOOT to be moved.....I used to think it was feet until yesterday.....since then I have been thinking, why foot and not feet,its not easy to balace on one foot ,why is GOD offering stability on foot,are we standing spiritually in the world one one foot ?????a lot of questions have been bombarding my mind,why foot and not feet....I am certain it is not a mistake, I ld appreciate responses please.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Blessings Dele

Welcome to Worthy....................perhaps we can look at it like this,,,,,,,when we are going to go off into a certain direction we step out with one foot to lead the way,,,,,so because God will direct our footsteps(if we listen & obe))then He will not even let us start of heading  the wrong direction!    God does not want that we should take ONE wrong step!!!!!Glory to God                With love-in Christ,Kwik

alien224

alien224

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
I Think if that verse was spoken today it would read your feet. Sometimes in translating from one language there isn't a word that means the same thing.; however if you are leanimg on.Jesus you.only need one foot

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,916 posts

Welcome.  Think of it this way, He does not wait until both feet are moved, as if one foot was OK.  He cares even about one foot at a time!  God Bless!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,568 posts

Welcome~!

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
When we stumble, we don't stumble with both feet, we stumble with one foot and the whole body follows.

pawz

pawz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

it does appear that the Hebrew in that verse is meaning 'foot' singular, it would have a different ending if it meant 'feet' (as in Psalm 66:9), however, Hebrew is a language of pictures rather than literal interpretation, and this is a song and so includes poetic imagery.  What the writer is seeking to convey is that not the slightest part of 'you' will be moved from where you stand because the Lord God  is keeping watch over you. The interpretation of  the verse depends on  who or what 'you' the song is being addressed to - is  it to an individual or to God's people Israel as a whole? Israel would seem most likely,

Edited by pawz, 04 September 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Dele

Dele
  • 4 posts

Thaks everyone ....for the responses

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network