christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deception and Dr Oz show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
http://www.lighthous...om/blog/?cat=97

I have to admit , I do like to watch the Dr Oz show, its sometimes a little much how much all the women seem to like him but the show is interesting, what I did realize is that so many Christians are watching Dr Oz and I wonder how easy it is to get sucked in by cults? I came across this website on the net and I think it should be a eyeopener how careful we as Christians should be ,we hear and see so much these days and everything is openly discussed but do we test the spirits?

Do we realize how easy it is for demons to eneter our bodies??

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?cat=97

I have to admit , I do like to watch the Dr Oz show, its sometimes a little much how much all the women seem to like him but the show is interesting, what I did realize is that so many Christians are watching Dr Oz and I wonder how easy it is to get sucked in by cults? I came across this website on the net and I think it should be a eyeopener how careful we as Christians should be ,we hear and see so much these days and everything is openly discussed but do we test the spirits?

A born-again Christian cannot be possessed by a demon.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

I agree, but what if we unknowingly of this fact get involved lets say in Reiki thinking it can't be that bad, would the Holy Spirit prevent these demons to enter us?

anitarose

anitarose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
This is a very delicate issue for me, because my ultimate schooling plan is to become a Naturopathic doctor---involved with Integrated Medicine, which would involve some of these modalities. My personal plan is to only use what's good and proven---Chinese medicine (meaning herbs), herbal medicine, as well as proper nutrition, exercise, and if necessary pharmaceutical intervention. I would not use things like Reiki, crystal healings, acupressure and/or acupuncture, reflexology, kinestheology, and the like. I've been down the New Age road before, and quite honestly, it was what led me into witchcraft. I am not going there again.

a.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

I agree, but what if we unknowingly of this fact get involved lets say in Reiki thinking it can't be that bad, would the Holy Spirit prevent these demons to enter us?

How can a demon and the Holy Spirit occupy the same place? A demon 'entering' you would mean you are possessed. A believer who unknowingly or unwisely dabbles in occultic practices can most certainly be oppressed by seducing spirits, but they cannot be indwelt by them unless they willingly surrender the presence of the Holy Spirit. Being oppressed means that the demonic powers are working on one from the outside, not from within.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

This is a very delicate issue for me, because my ultimate schooling plan is to become a Naturopathic doctor---involved with Integrated Medicine, which would involve some of these modalities. My personal plan is to only use what's good and proven---Chinese medicine (meaning herbs), herbal medicine, as well as proper nutrition, exercise, and if necessary pharmaceutical intervention. I would not use things like Reiki, crystal healings, acupressure and/or acupuncture, reflexology, kinestheology, and the like. I've been down the New Age road before, and quite honestly, it was what led me into witchcraft. I am not going there again.

a.

I just watched a program alst night on the TV about homopathy , I know the way they make this medication is by shaking and some occult practices , I do love that you want to be a Naturopathic doctor someday, I actually just talk to a Naturopathic 2 weeks ago about a medication"Actonel" and the side effect from this medication , she wanted me to make a appointment witrh her, but 's its too expensive and the insurance does not cover it. It will be tricky for you to be able to be a Naturopathic and at the same time to avoid getting in all those New Age practices.
Do you mind sharing which of these led you in occult? Do you think accupunture is bad too? I did have that before and didn't really notice improvement.

Thanks for sharing :)
I

joemiller

joemiller

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
"... unless they willingly surrender the presence of the Holy Spirit"

This can't happen since, if you are saved, Jesus has you in His hand, and also you are in the hand of the Father. No man can remove you from this protection.
This includes you.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

This can't happen since, if you are saved, Jesus has you in His hand, and also you are in the hand of the Father. No man can remove you from this protection.
This includes you.

You are welcome to believe that way if you wish, but you speak as if you are the final authority on the subject. You are not. No one can have their salvation removed by someone else, but if one can willingly accept Christ then one can also willingly reject Him, and plenty have. OSAS is not a fore-gone conclusion as some believe. And that is not the subject of this thread anyway, so it is totally OT.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

This includes you.

Jesus may have you in His hand, but if you have the desire in your heart to follow a deceiving spirit, He's not going to stop you. He will not hold you against your will.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

This includes you.

Jesus may have you in His hand, but if you have the desire in your heart to follow a deceiving spirit, He's not going to stop you. He will not hold you against your will.

Remember I asked what if we unknowingly are getting ourself involved in something we shouldn't I beleive God will protect us and we will not lose our salvation.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
Actually I don't think a born again Christian want to go against Gods will wilfully.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

This includes you.

Remember I asked what if we unknowingly are getting ourself involved in something we shouldn't I beleive God will protect us and we will not lose our salvation.

If someone is truly grounded in the Word, I don't believe they could unknowingly get involved in something ungodly. That's just my opinion. We are told to test the spirits. Pay attention. Don't go stumbling through life with one eye closed.

We are given many warnings and if we should choose not to heed those warnings, we will be held accountable for the choices we've made. Believing we are free to mingle with ungodly spirits because we are covered in the blood of Jesus is tempting the Lord and that's a sin.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
I agree, but there are times that you can struggle with certain things , years ago I learned that accupunture is very wrong for a Christian,trhough the years I have changed that opinion and did have accupunture done for a very sore knee, If it was wrong I believe the Lord would have stopped me of doing this.
If I have the Holy Spirit living in me and I do He will teach me in all things and of course I would never do anything wilfully what is wrong.

This includes you.

If someone is truly grounded in the Word, I don't believe they could unknowingly get involved in something ungodly. That's just my opinion. We are told to test the spirits. Pay attention. Don't go stumbling through life with one eye closed.

We are given many warnings and if we should choose not to heed those warnings, we will be held accountable for the choices we've made. Believing we are free to mingle with ungodly spirits because we are covered in the blood of Jesus is tempting the Lord and that's a sin.

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

This includes you.

AMEN!!

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

a born again christian can never ever be possessed by a demon because they have Christ in them- the hope of glory. now on the other hand a christian who is in sin or disobedience to god can be oppressed by demons.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,081 posts

a born again christian can never ever be possessed by a demon because they have Christ in them- the hope of glory. now on the other hand a christian who is in sin or disobedience to god can be oppressed by demons.

I would agree that one can't be posessed, but they can come into your neighbor and come over to your house and beat you up, or steal you car...... or your wife. They can make your life as miserable as Job's.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

I would agree that one can't be posessed, but they can come into your neighbor and come over to your house and beat you up, or steal you car...... or your wife. They can make your life as miserable as Job's.

What??? Well that just reeks!

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
I disagree strongly, don't you think we serve a God who will protect us when we visit our neighbors house or when they enter our house,don't you think (if they have demons) that they leave WITH the person? I believe that a Christian home is a house protected by the Lord.
I remember a Hindu person entering our house and I have never seen anything like that but I'm sure demons looked through his eyes to me, it actually scared me a bit) his eyes were sort of flashing and I felt the darkness from him. I tried to be a witness to them, they were neighbors for awhile, they tried to make me a Hindu.
But when those people left our house, I knew my house was safe .

Guest_Kasey777_*

Guest_Kasey777_*
  • Guests
As both a Pastor and a Counselor, I have seen the demonic working in and through the life of a Christian. This is the difference, while the person is not "possessed" by the demon(s) usually more than one, that person's ability to think and act clearly has been dealt a terrible blow.

Most often, a believer is not aware that they have "unknowingly" opened the door for the demonic realm to enter. In our world today, that "door" can be seen as secular music that involves vulgarities and violence, movies, books, television shows...there are a host of avenues out there that are demonic in nature. We must use the wisdom of God to discern any of these things that does not line up with the Holy Spirit, the Character and Attributes of God.

A member of one of my husband's congregation's (he is a Methodist Pastor) was watching a show on television called "Medium", shortly after she started seeing strange things happening in her home and with her daughters.

As a Christian, she should have known not to watch a program like that where it's focus is on using the power of the occult....but she did. That was the "invitation" she unknowingly put out there for the demonic realm to enter through.

So, it's not always an "aware decision" to get involved with things like this, as I said, many have come through my doors with a demonic presence "on their back" or in their homes.

If I could give any advice on this subject, it would be this "Guard Your Gates", your eyes, your ears, your very own mouth, your own thoughts...be diligent.

Blessings

Edited by Kasey777, 14 September 2011 - 09:44 AM.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

As both a Pastor and a Counselor, I have seen the demonic working in and through the life of a Christian. This is the difference, while the person is not "possessed" by the demon(s) usually more than one, that person's ability to think and act clearly has been dealt a terrible blow.

Most often, a believer is not aware that they have "unknowingly" opened the door for the demonic realm to enter. In our world today, that "door" can be seen as secular music that involves vulgarities and violence, movies, books, television shows...there are a host of avenues out there that are demonic in nature. We must use the wisdom of God to discern any of these things that does not line up with the Holy Spirit, the Character and Attributes of God.

A member of one of my husband's congregation's (he is a Methodist Pastor) was watching a show on television called "Medium", shortly after she started seeing strange things happening in her home and with her daughters.

As a Christian, she should have known not to watch a program like that where it's focus is on using the power of the occult....but she did. That was the "invitation" she unknowingly put out there for the demonic realm to enter through.

So, it's not always an "aware decision" to get involved with things like this, as I said, many have come through my doors with a demonic presence "on their back" or in their homes.

If I could give any advice on this subject, it would be this "Guard Your Gates", your eyes, your ears, your very own mouth, your own thoughts...be diligent.

Blessings

I'm going to disagree here, Kasey. If one is a true believer they are protected by the Lord; he/she is not going to accidentally open a door to demons. If a person is dabbling in the occult or other purposeful forays into the dark side they don't belong to Him and are thus vulnerable. Oh, btw, welcome to Worthy! :emot-handshake:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network