christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Babylon: U.N or Vatican?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:Technology, research in the word of God. Eph 3:20-21 Now unto him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all you could ask or think according to the power that worketh in us.
    Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, unending world. Amen.
Who is mystery Babylon? The bible says that she sits on many waters. In ancient prophecies or perhaps among Hebrews, the sea represents the troubled Gentile world. This may imply that she is a government that rules over the Gentile world something like the U.N or Vatican. She may also symbolise apostasy Christendom and God's people are ordered to come out of her. Pls I can't do this alone, I need your opinions.

I.S.I.T.

I.S.I.T.
  • Members
  • 41 posts

I don't believe Mystery Babylon is a literal place on the map, or a literal city.  But rather she represents a spiritual system of false beliefs, false idols, and false religion which is in bed with the ways of the world. (abominations of the earth).  If the true spiritual Church of the Lamb is shown as the bride, then the false church could be shown as the Harlot, or synagogue of Satan. (false tabernacle) Which explains her colors.

When trying to understand the imagery in Revelation, it is a good idea to look at the imagery of the True first in order to better understand the imagery of the false.  Just as there is a heavenly Jerusalem (mother of those born of Gods Spirit) and an earthly Jerusalem (mother of those who are still in bondage to sin, and the ways of the world= spirit of this world= Prince of this world etc.)

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Who is mystery Babylon? The bible says that she sits on many waters. In ancient prophecies or perhaps among Hebrews, the sea represents the troubled Gentile world. This may imply that she is a government that rules over the Gentile world something like the U.N or Vatican. She may also symbolise apostasy Christendom and God's people are ordered to come out of her. Pls I can't do this alone, I need your opinions.

Mystery babylon is also described as the mother of harlots and is also described as being drunken with the blood of the saints. Who is a harlot? Well in the bible a woman has been used to symbolize God people or a false church. God has always described the nation of Israel as a woman. He describes the church as his bride. When Israel was in apostasy, God described Israel as being a harlot. In the book of Revelation we see two different women. In Revelation 12 there is the pure woman who represents God's true church. Mystery Babylon - that woman represents the church which is one with the beast who is the antichrist power. 

So we're looking for a false system that can claim to have daughters who would be descendants of hers, and is also responsible for the persecution of many of the saints. Well the RCC fits that description. 

The whore that sitteth upon many waters is also very rich. Its a very rich false church. Decked with gold and precious stones. We all know who the richest church is as well. 

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

In my opinion of the Bible on the Mystery of Babylon is not talking about the Roman Church. The mystery of Babylon is not talking about Islam either. While we do see the Roman Church and Islam to be World wide they do not represent the mystery of Babylon.

See that this is written on the forehead of the woman. The Mark of The Beast will also be put on the forehead or right hand in Revelation 13:16. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,NKJV

The mystery of Babylon is actually both the Religion of the antichrist himself and even having power and authority of all Nations. It will also mean he will have entire control overt all money as well.   . It is likely he the antichrist will rule from the Temple where he is to be worshipped. I see in the New Kings James names it uses mountains which Jerusalem is a city of 7 Mountains.

Do a Google search or any online search engine using keywords like ’Jerusalem 7 hills, mountains the Great Harlot. You will see that Jerusalem is also a possible answer who is of the 7 hills or Mountains.  Here is a list of these mountains.

Mt. Goath, Mt. Gareb, Mt. Acra, Mt. Bezetha, Mt. Zion, Mt. Ophel, and Mt. Moriah.

I don’t think it is the Pope or Islam because the World does not even now want to make peace with these 2 religions. So what would make the world now want to unite under the Roman Pope or the Islamic including terrorist Radical factions? The Pope and Islam already have many people hating these 2 religions. But the Mystery of Babylon religion of the antichrist will promote a kind of peace many will be so deceived in these things. The antichrist will say he is God. He will make himself look good to the people of the World. He will make Jews and Christians his primary target of hatred. It will after all be many Christians and Jews that will resist the Antichrist and his authority over the nations. Who are the ten rulers?  Rev. says their mind will be as one. They will serve to accomplish what the Beast wants. It’s a unified Global whose Kings select the Abomination over them to rule over all kings. He will show great signs and wonder to convince these Kings why he should rule over the earth.

In Revelation the people will say things like .. How great is the Beast.

Rev.13:3-4 And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Who can compare to the power he has? Will anyone be able to go against the powerful Beast? Certainly no one would try to face him face to face to stop his authority. In battle with weapons many will attempt to get him out of his position. It’s probably impossible to do so since actually the Dragon Satan gives him power. He won’t die or permanently be killed by man. . For they will see even when he is wounded he will come back to life.

Actually he is just imitating Jesus when Jesus rose from the Dead. Lucifer wanted to be over God. He wanted to be called God. It was true in Heaven and it will be true during the Tribulation. Satan still wants to rule over everyone. Obviously he knows there is nothing better than to be God Himself. If Lucifer thought God was any less he would not try to imitate Him.

So finally the Mystery of Babylon is both the religion the Antichrist will cause all small and great to want them to honor his religion to worship the image of the Beast. Plus using the Mark it consists of Buy sell and Trade. Rev. 13:17

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

He the antichrist will own all the worlds’ money to make him the richest. Where the antichrist actually comes from no one really knows. That won’t really matter. The only thing that will count is what he will end up doing. What should we do? The Bible wants Christians to resist both this antichrist Religion. Let no one worship the Beast. Remember Satan told Jesus to fall and worship him in Matthew 4:9 when he took him on a high mountain to show him the glory of the kingdoms.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

Also don’t take the Rev. 13:18 Mark for any reason at all. Anyone who takes this will never be forgiven. What Christians need to do is continue to worship God of the Bible and remain to serve the Lord to the very end. Revelation 17:14

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

GlidingWings. Let me ask you this question. What do you believe to be the difference between the little horn of Daniel 7 and Mystery Babylon. 

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

I used to believe in the Roman Church Theory of Revelation 17 especially since I used to watch programs like Jack Van Impe always talking about the Roman Empire. I had no reason to change my mind. I had been that way for about 14 years. I was told on another forum to look into the Jerusalem option. . When I thought about Jerusalem it seems to make more sense.  . After all why would the antichrist want to take over Rome? Rome is not God’s beloved city. The antichrist would be more concerned about this world religion than the capital of Rome? Rome may be powerful but it is not the true Holy City of God.

That in fact in Matthew 24 The abomination is set up in Judea. Well that’s as close enough to Jerusalem one can get. The Temple will be in Israel and not in Rome. To me it does not make sense why the Vatican would move to Judea to rule in the temple. That’s not his place. His place is Rome.

Not only that… but the RCC believe in the same God Christians do. They believe Jesus is the son of God. The Roman Church does not run America. If that were so Obama would not be trying to get Catholic leaders to give out condoms. These Churches or organizations don’t want them. The RCC won’t follow the Antichrist. They are for Jesus and not against Jesus. The antichrist will promote the worship of the Beast and his image. Catholics won’t go for that.

My Girlfriend’s mother was a strong catholic woman. I think the Pope has gone too far. I don’t like this praying to statue and saints but they believe this is promoting God. The RCC will promote the Mark of the Beast? I really don’t think so. .

I’m leaning on 2 other options. The first is Jerusalem. The second is the 7 continents Beast rule the World dominion. . There are 7 continents the Beast has 7 Heads. The continents make up many waters. But what would then be the great city? So that’s why for me Jerusalem is the other option. As for the little Horn I think he is the second Beast in Revelation. The first beast had seven heads and ten horns. The Little horn came out of the ten horns to take over 3 kings. The question now is who these 10 kings are.  .

But I believe they will be ten rulers in the last days that work for one mind. They will cause a world Order. We will be under the laws of some kind of world order. Then among them will come yet another horn who will take over this world Order. They the ten kings fall in Satan’s trap. I don’t know as of yet who these ten rulers will be.

We have not seen this Mystery of Babylon as of yet. This won’t happen until the 7 year tribulation. So the Ten kings we will learn of and the woman and this beast. I don’t think the RCC or Islam is the answer. They are religions we see now. This Mystery of Babylon, this woman and this Beast will only be known in those days how this will all work. The only thing we mostly know is to not worship the image or to take the Mark to buy sell and trade. RCC may be intrusive but not as intrusive to making a system like that. I believe that Christians, RCC, Jews and Islam will all want to resist the antichrist. Primarily because we all believe there is one God in Heaven. We in these groups probably won’t believe him because he will refuse to claim to be the God we all believe in. Who will then accept this man the rest of the secular world in large numbers?

Get your friends and family ready when the time is right. But make sure before all things they have accepted God’s Salvation first.  . A true Salvation Army is not about giving out clothes. A true Salvation Army is about saving lives for Jesus. 

Edited by GlidingWings, 12 December 2013 - 11:59 AM.

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:Technology, research in the word of God. Eph 3:20-21 Now unto him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all you could ask or think according to the power that worketh in us.
    Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, unending world. Amen.
The Roman Catholic church well explains the image of the beast (Revelation 13:14). The beast from the earth tells the people of the world to make an image of the beast that was mortally wounded yet healed. The wounded and healed beast is the Roman Empire. The image of the beast takes its form as the Roman Catholic church which perhaps reflects some Roman pagan doctrines.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,470 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

The Roman Catholic church well explains the image of the beast (Revelation 13:14). The beast from the earth tells the people of the world to make an image of the beast that was mortally wounded yet healed. The wounded and healed beast is the Roman Empire. The image of the beast takes its form as the Roman Catholic church which perhaps reflects some Roman pagan doctrines.

Isn't that the beast they throw into the lake of fire????

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Yes

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,470 posts

Yes

How do you throw an empire into the lake of fire?

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Well, I think it refers to the end time antichrist related to Rome.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,470 posts

Well, I think it refers to the end time antichrist related to Rome.

Problem is that the word Antichrist isn't used in revelation and it's hard to come to an agreement exactly what this beast is .....  that was....    and came from the Abyss or bottomless pit....    What do we know that is in the Abyss or Bottomless Pit that might be able to come out?

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

I have not decided myself which of these options fits into the Mystery of Babylon. This is a “mystery’ after all. We were given options on what we believe. I have read many portions of the Bible. I am especially more familiar with New Testament scriptures. I need to do more complete study in Old Testament to make more discernment of these things. But I have been watching Church on TV since 1997 and year after year I have heard the answer the Roman Empire.

So I have familiarity with Church discussion Old Testament with New Testament verses. Only my approach is different today. I can’t believe an answer just because one says it is the answer. That in fact God Himself should answer this question. But in reality I realize God has all the answers but we don’t always understand what they are. I am in the learning stage and I will always be in this Life. Jesus told us do not call anyone Father or Rabbi for you know we have only one teacher who is God Himself. So to me it is most important the Bible prove right or wrong and not what other pastors say or teach us unless the teaching must answer to God’s word.

At this time I am not decided on the answer of the mystery of Babylon. First I think about America being the modern Babylon is too far fetched for me to buy into that kind of thinking. America does not have a great city. DC is our Capital and no one thinks it is a great place to be. America has had its time of prosperity. But if we look now America is not of wealth. We don’t represent purple linen or a false religion. We are to be told America had early Christian believers. America has many waters and many tongues. But I don’t think that in itself fits the description of MoB which is the initials of Mystery of Babylon.

While Islam may have some connection to the Rev. 13:18 number and they persecute Jews still does not make me believe they represent purple or gold unless idols counts as Gold. Islam is not known for any great kings itself. Islam lives in many nations but their tongue often still has a Middle Eastern accent. In lots of consequences I don’t think Islam fits enough character to fit this description.

The Church of Rome is in consideration of a possibility to me. They do certainly represent purple and gold symbolically even as the Church of Rome is symbolic much itself. They are called a great city. They are of 7 hills. Roman Catholics do dwell in nation’s world wide and speak of many tongues and languages. I will then keep the Church of Rome as one possible option to fit this description. But I still question some thing such as the doctrines of the RCC what their actual intentions are knowing they have existed at least five hundred years. So Rome is not my final answer. It is however a strong possibility to be me to be MoB.

My next option is Jerusalem. There is geological proof there are 7 Mountains in this region. It is only that Jerusalem has not been coined the city on 7 Hills. But the way God looks at things we need to rely on most what God believes in. Are the 7 mountains upon what which this place God is talking about stands on? Outside of Rome Jerusalem is also the Great City of the king Jesus. Jesus represents purple and gold. They clothed him in purple when they put the thorn of crowns upon his head. Jesus was given gold when the wise men arrived to give him among the 3 gifts. While it is true that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD we still have the remnants who we call the Jews of today. These Jews are prophesied to scatter about all the earth. They speak of many tongues. The Jews live upon many waters. Their true origin is Israel, Judea and the Capital Jerusalem. With all this taken into factor Jerusalem is also a strong possibility to me. But Since Rome is also called the great city and fits many of the descriptions Jerusalem is one option among Rome as another option.

Last option is the 7 continents. The Beast will rule every tribe, tongue and nation. The Beast also forms his own religion. That religion calls himself to be as God.  Since he imitates to be as God this false religion can also represent the false purpose of religion. The gold comes in as the beast owns the world and all wealth that’s in it. 7 continents are of many kings nations throughout and sit on many waters. But now I consider what the great city of the 7 continents is then. That usually brings us back to Rome and Jerusalem.

I’m keeping the options open. 1. Rome. 2. Jerusalem. 3. The seven continents of many waters and tongues. I will keep my eyes out and study on these 3 options. Maybe I will finally decide on one. Scripture may convince me which one is truer. Or events that take place may show what direction we are leaning to. I am not troubled that I have not decided which one. It’s not mandatory I know. Prophecy will happen just the way God told us it would whether we fully understand or not. We Trust in God anyways.

Hindsfeet

Hindsfeet

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Istanbul is also a city on seven hills,,,revived Roman empire maybe?

http://en.wikipedia....lls_of_Istanbul

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

GlidingWings There is a reason why I asked you about the connection between the little horn power of Daniel 7 and the Mystery Babylon Power. They are both connected to the beast in Revelation 13, dare I saw its different sides of the same coin. 

Now when you investigate the little horn power of Daniel 7 there is absolutely no way it can be Jerusalem. But look at the similarity.

Dan 7:21  I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them
Dan 7:25  And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

Rev 13:5  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months
Rev 13:6  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 
Rev 13:7  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 

Rev 17:3  So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 
Rev 17:4  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 
Rev 17:5  And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 
Rev 17:6  And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 

Now the fact that all these powers blaspheme and speak great words against God and also persecute the saints of God are obvious. But the time period given for the little horn of Daniel 7 is the same given to the beast in Revelation 13.

42 months = 42 x 30 days = 1260 days

Time, Times and Dividing of Times:
Time = 1 year
Times = 2 years
Dividing of Times = 1/2 year

Total - 3 1/2 years = 42 months = 1260 days. 

So what do we know about the little horn power of Daniel 7? We we know it came out of the Pagan Roman Empire which was know as the Iron Monarchy of Rome, who overthrew Greece. We know its a little kingdom since its a little horn and a horn is a kingdom. We know it has both political and religious power since it speaks blasphemies against God and also was a persecuting power. Well only the Vatican | Papal Rome | Papacy fits the identification as the little horn as it was the only power that came out of Rome that did those things. 

So when it comes to Mystery Babylon, which is a woman in Revelation 17, we need to understand this woman as representing a false system of worship or a church. The reason I say that is because the symbol of a woman has always been used to either represent God's true church often referred to as his bride or a chased virgin, or as a symbol of his people in apostacy when they were referred to as a Harlot many many times in the old testament. The church around the Beast is the Mystery Babylon religion. 

ProphecyKid

ProphecyKid
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Yes

How do you throw an empire into the lake of fire?

Well that's a good question. Not sure how I would answer that. However, the bible which is its best interpreter does tell us that a beast is a symbol of a king or a kingdom. 

Dan 7:17  These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. 
Dan 7:23  Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 

I also want to share something from Daniel 2 real quick. I hope you and everyone else is familiar with the vision of Nebuchadnezzar given to Daniel. It was a statue showing the timeline of the kingdoms from Daniel's day until the end. 

Now these are the metals and the interpretations based on Daniel 2, 7 and 8.

Head of Gold - Babylon
Chest and Arms of Silver - Media Persia
Belly and Thighs of Brass - Greece
Legs of Iron - Rome

But notice after this we have feet of Iron and Clay.

Now here is the interesting part. 

Dan 2:34  Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 

Now the Iron represents Rome. If the feet have iron in it, and the stone which represents God;s kingdom hits the iron mixture with clay, it means thatt Rome in some way would still be alive up to the time of the end. The only remnants of Rome right now is the Papacy and the RCC. 

Also interesting is the fact that potter's clay (pure clay) is used in the bible to represent God's people. 

Isa_64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. 
Jer_18:6  O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

In the text, it mentions 2 kinds of clay: Potters clay which is pure and Miry clay which is corrupted. 

Dan 2:41  And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. 

If you mix anything with Potter's clay it is no longer pure and it becomes Miry. The Mixture of Potter's Clay with Iron turned the clay into Miry Clay. 

Dare I say, the mixture of Rome and Rome's pagan practices, mixed with the church caused the church to become corrupted and based on the text, which corrupted church would last until the end. 

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
You said that what is left of Rome is the Rcc and the Papacy. What of the E.U?

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Thanks Prophecy Kid for sharing your aspect on Rome and the End times. But I am not the kind quickly to accept a given answer. Rather I can ponder on the things you have shared in all fairness of things. I have belonged to religion Churches which uses scriptures to back up its own teaching. . Yes and every Church want to be the right Church. Knowing these things I have to be careful.

I will take in consideration the Rome aspect of study. But at this time it is not my final answer. The Bible says unto man there is a way that seems to be right to him. But that way that seems right will bring him into destruction.  . So even if Rome seems to be right I can’t rely on seem only.

The way you’re looking at this may not be the same way I or others are seeing the Mystery of Babylon. I am looking into all possible options. I have to notice there will be the whole world involved in the 7 year Trib. Rome has been with us for ages the Church has been with us for centuries if they had not made a move yet then I have to be fair in judgment. It’s that innocent till proven guilty kind of thinking when a person says to you they are considering options of a few of them it most likely means they will study and look into this. That’s what I will be doing.  . But I don’t have any time limit. The answer can be now or later as long as it is in God’s own timing. Patience I must consider. We will know in God’s time. Option 1 Rome. Option 2. Jerusalem. Option 3. 7 continents

I consider these 3 where the Beast is sitting on many waters. Where does this Beast rule from? Who is this woman that rides the Beast?  In my view I am taking in mind not of the religions we already know but this Religion the Antichrist will create. This Religion says to worship the Beast and its image. The Religion will require to put death to those who don’t follow after the Beast. This does not tell me tell me a specific country. But Matthew 24 tells us the abomination is set up in Judea. The whole idea those Jews in the Land of Israel or to flee from Him into the wilderness. In this aspect I see Judea or of Jerusalem would he want to rule God’s capital beloved city? So in this case is why I need to keep the door open on these options.   

Yet the beast also rules the world, nations, kings, tongues and languages. The End time Religion and buying of things all must be considered in these mysteries.

If you want to say Rome then I won’t prevent you from your study of believing. I am more cautious and guard my heart to know the truth. We are not the Truth. . No one at Worthy knows the truth. God is the Truth. We know things in percentages. God knows completely. I will consider your answer among other considerations I am looking into.

As for the iron and clay this is the way I see this. The prior Empires were totally unified. There was no true division of the Babylonian empire. That’s why this was one of the greatest world empires among others.

Today however we have countries. Each country works its laws separately without the world empires that came before us. To me the iron does not need to mean Rome. It can also mean strong rulers since after all we are speaking of ten rulers as of ten horns. We of today are not a unified Empire as those of the past. So why do I believe the ten toes are next to one another? Because during the Great Trib they will unify under a common purpose.  . But it is still not a unity of totally bonding together as one metal fits into the other metal.  The clay does not mix with iron. So while these nations may be unified as one mind they will most likely defend themselves yet as separate nations.

Today we already see ten or more strong iron like nations. But as clay we don’t truly mix or unify as a true solid Empire like Rome. This unification is only temporary under the first Beast of the ten horns. So my belief is these rulers will partially unify for a common cause. But nation then will go against nation and Kingdom against Kingdom so they will not survive. All in the last 7 years these kings will be fighting in some way or fashion. Every nation will continue to keep its ‘own’ people alive.

How can there be unity and yet be division at the same time? That’s why I believe this is using the clay and iron as an example that the ten toes are even in line together. But as iron and clay they will not mix. Because I think in the end times every nation person will be eventually fighting for their life. The beast and the antichrist will cause much division among people. This is why those toes can not be truly united as a single force. Satan knows divided will cause Armies to fall and get killed. So these last ten kings will not be as powerful as the other kingdoms that rule much of the Earth centuries ago.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,470 posts

Thanks Prophecy Kid for sharing your aspect on Rome and the End times. But I am not the kind quickly to accept a given answer. Rather I can ponder on the things you have shared in all fairness of things. I have belonged to religion Churches which uses scriptures to back up its own teaching. . Yes and every Church want to be the right Church. Knowing these things I have to be careful.

I will take in consideration the Rome aspect of study. But at this time it is not my final answer. The Bible says unto man there is a way that seems to be right to him. But that way that seems right will bring him into destruction.  . So even if Rome seems to be right I can’t rely on seem only.

The way you’re looking at this may not be the same way I or others are seeing the Mystery of Babylon. I am looking into all possible options. I have to notice there will be the whole world involved in the 7 year Trib. Rome has been with us for ages the Church has been with us for centuries if they had not made a move yet then I have to be fair in judgment. It’s that innocent till proven guilty kind of thinking when a person says to you they are considering options of a few of them it most likely means they will study and look into this. That’s what I will be doing.  . But I don’t have any time limit. The answer can be now or later as long as it is in God’s own timing. Patience I must consider. We will know in God’s time. Option 1 Rome. Option 2. Jerusalem. Option 3. 7 continents

I consider these 3 where the Beast is sitting on many waters. Where does this Beast rule from? Who is this woman that rides the Beast?  In my view I am taking in mind not of the religions we already know but this Religion the Antichrist will create. This Religion says to worship the Beast and its image. The Religion will require to put death to those who don’t follow after the Beast. This does not tell me tell me a specific country. But Matthew 24 tells us the abomination is set up in Judea. The whole idea those Jews in the Land of Israel or to flee from Him into the wilderness. In this aspect I see Judea or of Jerusalem would he want to rule God’s capital beloved city? So in this case is why I need to keep the door open on these options.   

Yet the beast also rules the world, nations, kings, tongues and languages. The End time Religion and buying of things all must be considered in these mysteries.

If you want to say Rome then I won’t prevent you from your study of believing. I am more cautious and guard my heart to know the truth. We are not the Truth. . No one at Worthy knows the truth. God is the Truth. We know things in percentages. God knows completely. I will consider your answer among other considerations I am looking into.

As for the iron and clay this is the way I see this. The prior Empires were totally unified. There was no true division of the Babylonian empire. That’s why this was one of the greatest world empires among others.

Today however we have countries. Each country works its laws separately without the world empires that came before us. To me the iron does not need to mean Rome. It can also mean strong rulers since after all we are speaking of ten rulers as of ten horns. We of today are not a unified Empire as those of the past. So why do I believe the ten toes are next to one another? Because during the Great Trib they will unify under a common purpose.  . But it is still not a unity of totally bonding together as one metal fits into the other metal.  The clay does not mix with iron. So while these nations may be unified as one mind they will most likely defend themselves yet as separate nations.

Today we already see ten or more strong iron like nations. But as clay we don’t truly mix or unify as a true solid Empire like Rome. This unification is only temporary under the first Beast of the ten horns. So my belief is these rulers will partially unify for a common cause. But nation then will go against nation and Kingdom against Kingdom so they will not survive. All in the last 7 years these kings will be fighting in some way or fashion. Every nation will continue to keep its ‘own’ people alive.

How can there be unity and yet be division at the same time? That’s why I believe this is using the clay and iron as an example that the ten toes are even in line together. But as iron and clay they will not mix. Because I think in the end times every nation person will be eventually fighting for their life. The beast and the antichrist will cause much division among people. This is why those toes can not be truly united as a single force. Satan knows divided will cause Armies to fall and get killed. So these last ten kings will not be as powerful as the other kingdoms that rule much of the Earth centuries ago.

Google "three city states that rule the world"  and look through the information that pops up and see if you think that this can be Rome today.

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Well, do you consider the prophecy literally or symbolic?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network