christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jesus Christ, Lord God Almighty

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

I've almost come to the conclusion that nobody reads the same Bible that I read.  Repent or Perish has become You don't need to repent and nobody is perishing.  Hopefully this forum understands Jesus Christ and the Cross.  Time will tell. 

Jesus came to me in a barn on my lunch break about 13 years ago as I was reading the end of Matthew in the Holy Word.  I was a very, very, very bad person who finally realized what Jesus did for me.  I had tears of remorse and repentence, guilt and shame but I finally felt his love. I felt my name was written in the Lambs Book of Life. 

Jesus didn't choose me in a Church he chose me in a barn.  I don't even feel comfortable in a church.  They serve a different Jesus then the one I met.  I serve Jesus Christ, Lord God Almighty who expects us to get down on our knees and weep.  None of us are good or good enough for his eternal kingdom.  He is a God of mercy not sacrifice.  Pride, arrogance, and sin will keep people out of eternal life.

Hopefully someone on here met the same Jesus I know. 

Spock

Spock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
I agree with much of what you said, especially the need for repentance and tears. You are right, many of today's Believers don't know that and don't want to know. It's mostly about ME on the throne, not Jesus.

WWJD bracelets need to come back.

alien224

alien224

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
Welcome.God bless you.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Yes, I get on my knees and I am forever grateful that Jesus chose me.  It humbles me to know that the creator of all the Universe calls me by name.

Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed, amen.

PrairWarur

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts
Thanks for the welcome. I've come to the conclusion most people have decided they will tell Jesus who will be given eternal life. Some people should take some heed to their nightmares. They may be from Jesus. Why do bad things happen to good people....there are no good people... Hopefully we strive for righteousness...but we're not good. The weird thing every time I hear somebody on tv say something about how good or great someone is.... I line them up with the word of God...and go ....huhhhh

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,474 posts

Welcome~!

Adsy86

Adsy86
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Why do bad things happen to good people....there are no good people...

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33-34

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James 1:2-3

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

If what you said was true, wouldn't Jesus, James, and Paul be lying then?

Edited by Adsy86, 04 February 2014 - 08:40 AM.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

Why do bad things happen to good people.

Firstly, welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup:

“Why does God allow good things to happen to bad people?”

Romans 5:8 declares,

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Despite the evil, wicked, sinful nature of the people of this world, God still loves us.  :thumbsup: 

He loved us enough to die to take the penalty for our sins (Romans 6:23).

If we receive Jesus Christ as Saviour (John 3:16; Romans 10:9), we will be forgiven and promised an eternal home in heaven (Romans 8:1).

What we deserve is hell.

What we are given is eternal life in heaven when we come to Christ in faith.

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

I guess I'm not allowed to cut and paste yet...since I'm a newbie.  when I clicked on quote the quote didn't come in my workspace. 

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

hopefully everybody is having a good day

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

this is number 5 hopefully now that I have 5 posts my cutting and pasting tools will work..

almightyist

almightyist
  • Members
  • 60 posts

when I reply to somebody directly isn't it suppose to come up in my workspace...I wanted to reply to a couple folks but I don't feel like retyping what they asked...I just want to select what they asked and respond..

Edited by almightyist, 04 February 2014 - 12:53 PM.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts

when I reply to somebody directly isn't it suppose to come up in my workspace...I wanted to reply to a couple folks but I don't feel like retyping what they asked...I just want to select what they asked and respond..

Use the Quote function on each post or the MultiQuote at the foot of each individual post  :thumbsup:​ 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,725 posts

When you want to repeat a phrase, cut and paste it, then highlight it and click the quote button. 

Do you attend a church?

Welcome to Worthy.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network