christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Angelic Warnings in Revelations

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

anthonyjmcgirr

anthonyjmcgirr

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, watching movies, spending time with loved ones, creating.

I was doing a bible study recently and we came across a passage that struck me in a way where I never noticed it before.

Revelation 6-12, "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountain of waters."

There are several verses that mention angels warning mankind of bad things that are about to happen.  I was wondering how to make sense of this.  They were flying in the midst of Heaven, so that's where John saw them.  But they were warning man about judgements to come.  Much like Noah warned the people of an impending flood.  How will this revelation happen? 

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,337 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

I believe he will work in accordance with the Holy Spirit, who's job is to convict the world of sin.  It will be a spiritual awakening to the reality of God, but many will still not repent.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Knitting,Jigsaw Puzzles.and I love to bake.

Are they warning against the anti-Christ and the Mark of the Beast?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,103 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

If you want to do something interesting, find some good night vision glasses or night flight goggles and get outside the light pollution of cities on a clear night and just lay back and watch the sky.....   I would not recommend it in temperatures below "0" though.

Bible_Gazer

Bible_Gazer

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

I was doing a bible study recently and we came across a passage that struck me in a way where I never noticed it before.

Revelation 6-12, "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountain of waters."

There are several verses that mention angels warning mankind of bad things that are about to happen.  I was wondering how to make sense of this.  They were flying in the midst of Heaven, so that's where John saw them.  But they were warning man about judgements to come.  Much like Noah warned the people of an impending flood.  How will this revelation happen? 

Revelation 14:6
6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

This raise some questions:

1. When does this starts

2. John had the everlasting Gospel , but this seem to a later date

3. If it is future then was the everlasting gospel lost now preached  again to everyone - maybe a restoration from the dark ages.

4. Does the Angel represent Ministers like in chapter 2 and 3 - angels over those churches.

Montana Marv

Montana Marv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

These are warning angels

These verses were Rev 14:6,7  The first angel  The Gospel proclaimed

The verse 8 - A second angel followed and said, fallen, fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink to maddening wine of her adulteries.

Then verse 9 - A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice; "If anyone worships the beast or receives his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he too , will drink of the wine of God's fury which has been poured full strength into the cup of His wrath."

v.13 - Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write, Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on"      This looks like the new beginning of something,

A question to be asked;  When is the mark of the beast administered.  At the beginning of the 70th Week or mid week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Attempting to close profile ... but I don't see how to close this account.

Some say SATELLITES

Observe:

The Spirit and the Church are already rapture.

It is the SPIRIT who calls men to repentance, but because He is no longer on earth, THREE TIMES Revelation says "men will NOT repent"  Why not?  Cause no man can find God.  He must be called to repentance.  that's another reason I cringe everytime I read someone saying they need this or that to get a final decision on Christianity.  I'm sorry, but I didn't CHOOSE to be a Christian (who in their "right" mind would?), I was CALLED.

Since there is no Church, there is no Gospel either.  No one is saying "accept Jesus!  Turn from your sins!"  No.  The dispensation of Grace is exhausted.  The Gospel message of salvation is over.  The message of Salvation in those days will be "Do not take the mark!  Do not worship the beast NOR bow to his image!"

That will be the message of salvation in those days.  Do you see it?  "Jesus" is taken out of the picture.  Mankind cannot repent.  Mankind WILL NOT repent.  They can't in the absence of the Spirit.

So, either times will be so very dire (and they will be) that angels literally have to fly in the air and shout the warning, or this is a satellite hosting some old broadcasts over the airwaves.  Who can know for certain?  There is a lot of figurative speech in Revelation, like, "stars falling to the earth".  Obviously, we know a star is bigger than our sun, so no stars will be falling.  But since a primitive John had no idea what a MISSLE was ... go figure.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Attempting to close profile ... but I don't see how to close this account.

Consider also that only a mere 50 years ago, people mocked the Bible because it talks about how the WHOLE WORLD will see the 2 prophets, and their dead bodies and their resurrection.

Men mocked the Word of God because from Creation up until the invention of the satellite, there is no way a man could see what went on in the next town, let alone the other side of the planet.

But the WHOLE WORLD watches the Olympics doesn't it?  World Cup?  September 11th.

This is made possible through tv, satellite, cellphones ... technology.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Knitting,Jigsaw Puzzles.and I love to bake.

If you want to do something interesting, find some good night vision glasses or night flight goggles and get outside the light pollution of cities on a clear night and just lay back and watch the sky.....   I would not recommend it in temperatures below "0" though.

Hu??

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:Technology, research in the word of God. Eph 3:20-21 Now unto him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all you could ask or think according to the power that worketh in us.
    Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, unending world. Amen.
I am just led to believe that this are "Ministers of the Gospel". I have other alternatives though. For example, it could be that those angels had no role to play in the future but are just warning of the future. So John had to write them down so that the churches could read it. How does the warning take place? It's not certain. So the warning angels could have just appeared so John could write down the warning for the future Churches to read.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

??

Which angels are you referring?

The OP posted the Scripture of the angel he was talking about, and Revelation clearly says "FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN" ... right?  I don't know of any minister that flies in the sky.  Secondly, there is no 'Gospel' post the Rapture.  The Scripture the OP posted says nothing about a Gospel message.  This is why I said "satellites" OR literal angels.

No man is going to be flying in the heavens.

No "gospel" is preach post rapture (the message is no longer "turn to Jesus!  Repent of your sins!"  The message of Salvation at that time is "Do not worship the beast, nor bow down to his image!"  Big difference right?  Why?  Because the DISPENSATION OF GRACE is over.  It's too late.  That door is officially closed at the Rapture.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,666 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

No man is going to be flying in the heavens.

No "gospel" is preach post rapture (the message is no longer "turn to Jesus!  Repent of your sins!" 

The message of Salvation at that time is "Do not worship the beast, nor bow down to his image!" 

Big difference right? 

Why? 

Because the DISPENSATION OF GRACE is over. 

It's too late. 

That door is officially closed at the Rapture.

?

No

And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 7:13-17

Hope?

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:6-7

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:Technology, research in the word of God. Eph 3:20-21 Now unto him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all you could ask or think according to the power that worketh in us.
    Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, unending world. Amen.
IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN. That is a good phrase to consider. "Heaven" here should symbolise the good doctrine or the truth which is the word of God. So it may mean "Ministers who depend totally on the truth or word of God" as they have the Everlasting Gospel to preach and no Gospel is Everlasting except the one that is from the true word of God.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Fresnojoe,

I'm hitting "Quote" but for some strange reason, it doesn't "quote" from my home PC ... nor can I copy and paste.  But, I'm responding to you right now.

I see your "?"  Which part are you confused on?

I see your 'no'.  Which part are you objecting to?  That no minister is flying around in the sky?  If so, please provide the Scripture that shows a mortal man flying around in the heavens shouting to not take the bark or bow to the beast.  Or are you disagreeing with there being no Gospel message?  If so, may I ask you a few questions?

1)

Why would the Gospel be preached if the Church isn't around?

2)

The gate is closed.  The door is shut.  The dispensation is over.  So the Dispensation of Grace is over, so again, why would the Gospel be preached.

3)

You can see THREE times in Revelation that mankind will NOT repent.  Three times.  It is the Spirits job to call men to repentance, so, if the Spirit and the Church are gone, how can any man turn to Jesus ... least the Spirit call him?  Do you agree with me on this?  So, if there is no Spirit or Church ... what "Gospel" is in the earth?

4)

Can you produce the actual MESSAGE?  Can you show anything in Revelation that talks about people repenting, or turning to Jesus, or the preaching of the Cross for Salvation?  But, off the top of you head, can you think of the message of Salvation through NOT taking the Mark of the Beast OR bowing to his image?  Can you be fair and post BOTH sides so we can properly examine ... because I can certainly provide the Scriptures of the latter?

I see your Scripture, and it is lovely, but I don't see how it refutes what I've said.  I don't see how it shows the Gospel message for or against my points.

I see your second Scripture, which is the MAIN Scripture of my responses.  You see how they are flying in the heavens?  Kindgom suggest that these are "ministers".  I disagree because I know of no human being flying around in the sky, shouting out a message (and who can hear them if they do?).

I'll need you to elaborate so I can know your mind.  Simply posting a Scripture doesn't help me to understand your angle.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Kingdom,

Are you familiar with the text in which Paul says to NOT go beyond that which is written? 

This is what you are doing.

You are going beyond what you know is clear, and you are trying to make it symbolic.

No, John is talking about angel FLYING IN THE MIDST OF HEAVEN.  This is why I suggest that it could be satelittes carrying an old message of Truth, or literal angels.

The Dispensation of Grace is over.  The Spirit and the Church are gone.  There is NO ONE LEFT on earth to carry the message.  Not even the 144,000 (who are probably little boys and babies anyway).

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Lol! Donibm. I was just suggesting a symbolic meaning not that I mean it wouldn't be literal.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

So ... you "symbolically" believe that ministers can be FLYING in the HEAVENS shouting out WARNINGS to mankind on earth from the sky?

Seriously Kingdom?

Seriously?

LOL

Take Gods Word for what you know in your heart it to be.  Theses ANGELS are no ministers.

Edited by Donibm, 07 March 2014 - 06:46 PM.

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
I didn't mean they will be flying in the sky. I meant they depend on God's word which may be symbolically represented by "Heaven" or the "sky"

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,103 posts
  • Interests:camping computers
donnie. whwn you start to write look ay the top two rows of buttons ams see if they look grayed out. the top left button toggles the others on and off. that may have something with quotes not working

Openly Curious

Openly Curious

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Hi anthonyjmcgirr,  On page 3 in the Conspiracy--or-is-it Forum.  There is a thread entitled "Is This The Mark Of The Beast" and on post # 10 within that thread  I commented in that post.  The things were concerning the angels who were warning the people in the earth.  You may find it of interest in light of Revelation 6-12 in your OP.  Just thought I would mention it to you.  For that time will be a supernatural time in the earth that the people living in the world will face as the angels of God will go forth proclaiming their given messages in the earth.  bliessings in your study and meditation in the Word of God.   

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network