christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

John the Apostle Found In Norse Mythology

* * * * * 1 votes Norse mythology and the Bible John the Apostle Jesus Christ Bolthorn Bestla/Beltsea Odin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts
Bolthorn's Identity Revealed

By:  Marshall Ramsey II

Much speculation has been given as to the identity of Bolthorn, the father of Bestla/Beltsea, the mother of Odin.  Below is the investigation into his identity and the absolutely amazing find that was made.

Back to Odin.  His mother's name was Beltsea, alt. Bestla.  This is a location name meaning Baltic sea.  So Odin's mother was from the Baltic sea area, possibly near modern Germany.  This seems to indicate that Frigg was a Phrygian.

Beltsea's father's name as recording in Norse mythology was Bolthorn.  Originally, I thought Bolthorn to be a Germanic chieftain.  However, after searching out the etymology, that is, the meaning and history, of Bolthorn, I have arrived at a drastically different conclusion.

According to an article on Wikipedia, the name Bolthorn means "evil thorn."  Not satisfied with this, I decided to break the name up into syllables, as this has helped me arrive at the meaning of names before.

It turns out that the word Bolthorn doesn't mean 'evil thorn.'  The word bol, also spelled boel in Dutch, means "lover; brother."  This would give the meaning of Bolthorn as "lover or brother of the thorn."

Now, a lover as we use it today means a person who engages in sexual intercourse with another person on a regular basis.  In the case of Bolthorn, who lived over 1,900 years ago, it was not so.  The word as it was used then meant "a person who demonstrates a great fondness for someone and acts upon it."  This was used in a non-sexual context.

So what does Bolthorn mean?  Bolthorn in actuality means "lover of one pierced with thorns."  This immediately brings to mind Jesus Christ, whose skin of his head was pierced with a crown of thorns as he hung upon the cross.  This directly identifies Bolthorn as someone intimately connected to the Lord Jesus.

But who?  Is there anyone in scripture that is identified as being extremely fond of Jesus, or that Jesus was extremely fond of them?  For certain, we would have to look at Jesus' disciples.

It is well known that Jesus had 12 disciples.  Although the names change on a couple of them, it is generally agreed upon that the names of the disciples (from which we get the word discipline) as listed in the book of Matthew are the same ones listed in the books of Mark and Luke.  It is also known that Jesus had three disciples of the 12 as an inner circle.  Their names are listed as Peter, James, and John.

So we've narrowed it down to three.  But which one?  Is there any information to suggest that one was favored above the others?  Yes.  The answer is found in the book, also called the gospel, of John, chapter 21.  In it, John is called "that disciple whom Jesus loved."  It is this same John who scribed the book of Revelation while on the isle of Patmos.  Thus, it is concluded that the Bolthorn of Norse mythology is the same person as John the Apostle of reality, the same disciple that was at the Lord's crucifixion, who cared for the Lord's mother after that he was crucified.

For source references, please go to:  http://biblefactoids...y-revealed.html

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,883 posts
....By: Marshall Ramsey II ....

....Bolthorn in actuality means "lover of one pierced with thorns."  This immediately brings to mind Jesus Christ, whose skin of his head was pierced with a crown of thorns as he hung upon the cross.  This directly identifies Bolthorn as someone intimately connected to the Lord Jesus....

....But who?  Is there anyone in scripture that is identified as being extremely fond of Jesus, or that Jesus was extremely fond of them?  For certain, we would have to look at Jesus' disciples....

....The answer is found in the book, also called the gospel, of John, chapter 21.  In it, John is called "that disciple whom Jesus loved."

~

Poor Beloved John

"Pay attention to do everything I have told you, and do not even mention the names of other gods--do not let them be heard on your lips. Exodus 23:13 (NET)

Why's Everybody Picking On Him

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

This Dear Brother Never Ever Sounded Like Any Pagan Idol To Me

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,810 posts

The whole thing is a huge stretch of imagination with no real proof of anything except personal opinion?.....

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts
a bit of a stretch for me. how old is this mythology?

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Bolthorn dates to at least 2nd century AD.  Genealogy has Odin as a direct male descendant of Judah.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

How would John the Apostle become the grandfather of a man who would become identified as a false god in northwestern Europe?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,883 posts

So A Demon Of The Great Frozen North

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 (ESV)

Is Now Somehow A Jew?

‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” Matthew 22:32 (ESV)

Good Thing There Is No Antisemitism In The Nordic Lands

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

~

Reads To Me

Like Some Mormon Kid

On An Atheistic Frenzied Creative Writing Jag

Mixed A Little Joe Smith In With The Faith Of His Far Distant Forefathers

And Showed The World A HUGE Lack Of Concern For Or Understanding Of The Divinity Of The Christ

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Goofy Kid~!

....Sigge (Odin) left his sons Sigge, Baldr, and V(B)eldeg to rule these areas after subduing these people.

He then conquered Jutland (Denmark), Norway, and Suioni (Sweden). Odin (Sigge) left his son Skjold to rule Jutland (Denmark), Seamming to rule the Norway area, and Yngling to rule the Suioni (Sweden) area.

Odin (Sigge) settled down with his wife, Frigge, on the Island of Gotland south of what is Stockholm, Sweden where they died around 30 BC.

In time this great man, Odin (Sigge), Priest of Odin was revered as the God Odin, and all manner of mythology grew up about him by the Scandinavian people.

This is not the first time this has happened. One of Odin’s (Sigge) ancestors Zarah, son of Judah, had this happen to him. He was later revered as the God Zeus with subsequent mythology.

arah had gone into Egypt with the Israelites due to the great famine.

However, Zarah after fighting with his twin brother, Pharez. decided to leave Egypt.

He went before his uncle, the Egyption ruler Joseph, asking for ships to sail north. His army subjugated Greek areas and settled in Trace near the Dardanelles in Asia Minor.

People want to believe in something. It is evident that both Zeus and Odin served that purpose. It is interesting that the roots of these Gods are similar.

Odin ruled in heaven on Odin’s Way or in other words the Milky Way as the All -father.

Some say it is our Father in Heaven. Jesus worshipped his Father in Heaven as the Lord God Almighty, Eloheim.

He was His Only Begotten Son, the Spirit Lord Jehovah, who was Ruler and Creator of this Solar System since its beginning and in the meridian of time, came down, and become Jesus Christ the Savior.

He showed his power and authority to his chief apostles on the Mount of Transfiguration where his face shone as the Sun

Moses and Elias were there showing them that these men knew him from different dispensations of time, which represented his overall control of things pertaining to this solar system. His Father spoke from the clouds telling them to listen to him.

There is reference to the Lord God Almighty and His control of the Milky Way Galaxy in the book The Kolob Theorem....

http://www.academia...._and_Genealogy_

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

So A Demon Of The Great Frozen North

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 (ESV)

Is Now Somehow A Jew?

‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” Matthew 22:32 (ESV)

Good Thing There Is No Antisemitism In The Nordic Lands

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

~

Reads To Me

Like Some Mormon Kid

On An Atheistic Frenzied Creative Writing Jag

Mixed A Little Joe Smith In With The Faith Of His Far Distant Forefathers

And Showed The World A HUGE Lack Of Concern For Or Understanding Of The Divinity Of The Christ

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Goofy Kid~!

....Sigge (Odin) left his sons Sigge, Baldr, and V(B)eldeg to rule these areas after subduing these people.

He then conquered Jutland (Denmark), Norway, and Suioni (Sweden). Odin (Sigge) left his son Skjold to rule Jutland (Denmark), Seamming to rule the Norway area, and Yngling to rule the Suioni (Sweden) area.

Odin (Sigge) settled down with his wife, Frigge, on the Island of Gotland south of what is Stockholm, Sweden where they died around 30 BC.

In time this great man, Odin (Sigge), Priest of Odin was revered as the God Odin, and all manner of mythology grew up about him by the Scandinavian people.

This is not the first time this has happened. One of Odin’s (Sigge) ancestors Zarah, son of Judah, had this happen to him. He was later revered as the God Zeus with subsequent mythology.

arah had gone into Egypt with the Israelites due to the great famine.

However, Zarah after fighting with his twin brother, Pharez. decided to leave Egypt.

He went before his uncle, the Egyption ruler Joseph, asking for ships to sail north. His army subjugated Greek areas and settled in Trace near the Dardanelles in Asia Minor.

People want to believe in something. It is evident that both Zeus and Odin served that purpose. It is interesting that the roots of these Gods are similar.

Odin ruled in heaven on Odin’s Way or in other words the Milky Way as the All -father.

Some say it is our Father in Heaven. Jesus worshipped his Father in Heaven as the Lord God Almighty, Eloheim.

He was His Only Begotten Son, the Spirit Lord Jehovah, who was Ruler and Creator of this Solar System since its beginning and in the meridian of time, came down, and become Jesus Christ the Savior.

He showed his power and authority to his chief apostles on the Mount of Transfiguration where his face shone as the Sun

Moses and Elias were there showing them that these men knew him from different dispensations of time, which represented his overall control of things pertaining to this solar system. His Father spoke from the clouds telling them to listen to him.

There is reference to the Lord God Almighty and His control of the Milky Way Galaxy in the book The Kolob Theorem....

http://www.academia...._and_Genealogy_

What I am saying is that John's image was corrupted.  I've found many such instances of flesh and blood people, people found in the scriptures, being recorded in history as gods and goddesses in what are called mythologies..  I speak no evil against John, yet you speak much evil against me.  Have have I done to you to deserve this?  I know that the LORD Jehovah, he is God, and that there is none above him nor beside him.  I openly proclaim it.  What I am doing is shining light on the devil's works.

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

How would John the Apostle become the grandfather of a man who would become identified as a false god in northwestern Europe?

I'm not pretending you are stupid even though my answer may make it sound so.  John the Apostle had a child.  Perhaps in an effort to escape Roman persecution of Christians, or Judean, I don't know, or perhaps for some other reason, John and/or John's daughter winded up out west near the Baltic Sea.  This would be in Frisian territory, even though they were not a great people at this time.

The most likely area was near the town of Schleswig, near the Danish/German border, where Sceaf, Odin's anceestor, and Tamar, the daughter of King Mattaniah/Zedekiah settled down.  (There is evidence that this did happen.)  She married Odin's father, Bor, also called Friellaf.  At some point in the early 2nd century AD, they had a child and called him Adon, which is short for Adonai, in honor of the Lord Jesus.  The practice of naming one's child in honor of or remembrance of the Lord Jesus is well done in Latin American countries.

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

I do recognize that what I am saying is incredible.  I also was raised up believing that they were demons and nothing else.  However, after doing some genealogy research, and operating on the principle that since there is no God but the LORD, most others must be flesh and blood humans.  There are a couple of exceptions where human birth cannot be established, however, this brings into account that demons took on bodies of flesh, had sex with human women, and had children by them.  Check with the LORD to see whether I am speaking the truth.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts

Sorry brother but this passage comes to mind...

Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

I do understand that when it comes to salvation, it does not matter who you are descended from.  The scriptures are true.  I would respectfully ask:  In what way have I caused controversy, dissention, or quarrels in the body of Christ by posting this?  Is the mere mention of someone's genealogy to the body of Christ a torment?

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts

I do recognize that what I am saying is incredible. I also was raised up believing that they were demons and nothing else. However, after doing some genealogy research, and operating on the principle that since there is no God but the LORD, most others must be flesh and blood humans. There are a couple of exceptions where human birth cannot be established, however, this brings into account that demons took on bodies of flesh, had sex with human women, and had children by them. Check with the LORD to see whether I am speaking the truth.
it was actually fallen angels that took human wives and had offspring. It is the spirits of these offspring that are demons. They were not meant to be and have nowhere to go when their flesh dies so they roam around looking for someplace to reside.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts

I do understand that when it comes to salvation, it does not matter who you are descended from.  The scriptures are true.  I would respectfully ask:  In what way have I caused controversy, dissention, or quarrels in the body of Christ by posting this?  Is the mere mention of someone's genealogy to the body of Christ a torment?

A germanic chieftan based on pagan beliefs is in fact John the disciple whom Jesus loved? Sorry, brother I don't see how it's profitable. As to this in bold... I wonder if a better question is how does this OP build up the body of Christ?

It is really more about something that is allowable to discuss but not really beneficial or helpful. Scripture gives no indication to what is mentioned above in the OP. There isn't even any Church tradition (a much weaker argument IMO) to what is mentioned above in the OP iether.

1 Cor. 10:23

23 “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

But don't mind me.

God bless,

GE

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Blessings Da Servant

Peace my Brother,,,,,,,,Praise & Glory to God.....I do not understand how you can come up with anyone speaking evil against you....especially Brother Fez?????Really?

I do not see where anyone has said that you have caused controversy or dissention but rather that the silly story can........no one is attacking you & it would be well if you would not take peoples opinions about your OP as a personal attack,these are the things that cause division.......we are united by our faith in Christ Jesus,One Body......this is merely different people stating different opinions & just because they differ from yours does not mean they are speaking evil against you.......I do pray that you will put down your defenses & rest in the Lord,you are here with the ones that love you......thanks be to God!

Personally,I think the story is ridiculous & I would not even entertain it.....

With love -in Christ,Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,883 posts

What I am saying is that John's image was corrupted.

I've found many such instances of flesh and blood people, people found in the scriptures, being recorded in history as gods and goddesses in what are called mythologies..

I speak no evil against John, yet you speak much evil against me.  

Have have I done to you to deserve this?  

I know that the LORD Jehovah, he is God, and that there is none above him nor beside him.  

I openly proclaim it.  

What I am doing is shining light on the devil's works.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3-4

~

I Speak No Evil Of You My Beloved Brother

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17

I Speak The Truth (As I See It) Against The Writer's Mocking Of Our LORD

And The Evil Twisting Of John's Love For Him

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

What~!

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. Galatians 5:9

You Would Not Stifle

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

A Young Fellow Such As Me

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalms 71:18

Would You?

:)

~

PS: I Take No Offense Of You

Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king. 1 Peter 2:17

Nor Of Your God Given Christ Centered Ministry

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

In Point Of Fact, You And Your Fellow Writers

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:15-16

Are Both Cherished

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:4-8

And Much Loved

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Romans 12:9-10

~

Stand Fast

Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. Philippians 1:27-28

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I'm not pretending you are stupid even though my answer may make it sound so.  John the Apostle had a child.  Perhaps in an effort to escape Roman persecution of Christians, or Judean, I don't know, or perhaps for some other reason, John and/or John's daughter winded up out west near the Baltic Sea.  This would be in Frisian territory, even though they were not a great people at this time....

That's fine for making up a story, but is there any traditional or historical reference to John traveling that far north and west?

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

I'm not pretending you are stupid even though my answer may make it sound so.  John the Apostle had a child.  Perhaps in an effort to escape Roman persecution of Christians, or Judean, I don't know, or perhaps for some other reason, John and/or John's daughter winded up out west near the Baltic Sea.  This would be in Frisian territory, even though they were not a great people at this time....

That's fine for making up a story, but is there any traditional or historical reference to John traveling that far north and west?

I've not heard of any.  But there are references in the Bible that are mirrored in Egyptian and Greek mythology such as Abimelech at Gerar, the crossing of the Red Sea, the flooding of Atlantis, etc...  I've had a difficult time with some of the things I've seen myself, but there is evidence of such things within and without the scriptures.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,037 posts

There are those who claim Christ is based on preChrist myths. Now you link post Christ myths to Christ. How can we refute unbelievers claims when you post this kind of stuff? Truly I do not see how this edifies at all. 

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

I've not heard of any.

Then this lie should end here. (And yes, I am calling it for what it is.)

But there are references in the Bible that are mirrored in Egyptian and Greek mythology such as Abimelech at Gerar, the crossing of the Red Sea, the flooding of Atlantis, etc...  I've had a difficult time with some of the things I've seen myself, but there is evidence of such things within and without the scriptures.

I fail to comprehend how this justifies associating the Apostle John with demon-worship (for that is what these false gods are).

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network