christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Need Strength

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Cooking and Shopping.

As Many of you all many may know I have been struggling with my job at the daycare center for the last 2 months. I will be taking a summer course in classroom management. It is going to be a challenge because I get off work at 6:30pm. The class is from 7pm-9:45. I don't do very well at night. I need strength and I need to pass this class. Feeling overwhelmed already.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Praying for you Dawn. 

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,013 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Amen~!

Praying~!

OldSchool2

OldSchool2

• Worthy Writers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Getting fewer as I get older.
Ditto.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Interests:Happily married to the love of my life since 12/1980
    RETURNING THE CHURCH TO ITS HEBREW ROOTS

Praying.

Also, sister, remember to be mindful of the big picture but focused on the little steps to take.

A year ago I had to take on a second job as a cashier (given my inability with math, astounds me to this day that I could actually do the job and quite well according to my managers).

That was one mountain to get over (especially in the very beginning).

Now each day I work both jobs I wake to face 16-18 hours of work... but I focus on the steps to take right now, then the next, then the next... and before I know it I am at the end of the day having accomplished all.

The point is, don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by it all. Take it in small bites and progress to the next bite.

God bless.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Dawn,

I just saw this same OP in the prayer request forum & of course I replied & am praying with you,,,,was there something you wanted to talk about more as you placed this request in the general discussion forum......I am all ears,love you Sis!

With much love-in Christ,Kwik

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

I had bad day Yesterday with the children. I am really hoping that this summer course in classroom management helps out. I work with 3-4 years old. I would like to be tried out with another age group like infants. I hope that they will consider trying me out there. I don't think this age group is for me.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Dawn....

That is such a difficult age,I would imagine that the summer course will help alot but maybe it is not for you as you said(the age group)...It takes a certain individuals to deal with certain ages..................I don't know how anyone could do pre -school  age, period,I think you deserve a medal!!!!!-lol

I teach Bible Study & sometimes I get the Primary class which is anywhere from 5yrs to 8 or 9,they used to have a Secondary & then teens & of course Adults,,,,,,,the secondary(8 or 9 to 12yrs) is small & they usually go in with the Primarys,Dawn,I don't care what age they give me but when these moms try sneaking in a 3 or 4 yr old I march them right into the Sanctuary & deliver them to the parent!

That is not for me!!!I love to teach but a baby sitter I am not and that is a very trying age,especially if they are not well behaved.....so I think you are amazing and I know you have your work cut out for you.And now you say you would like to try the infants?You must have the patience of a saint,I could never do it ,I would not even consider it-lol

It will work out Sis,I am sure of it...............whether it be this group or the little babies,I am confidenbt that God is going to see you through this & have you well equipped to handle it by the time your course is finished,hang in there & trust the Lord,He has taken you this far...He won't leave you now!You know you are in my prayers

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,442 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

The problem is that you really don't like your job Dawn.  You like working with children in some circumstances, but not the age group you are working with in the job you have.  That is why you are feeling down all the time.  You are wanting a way out.  I sincerely hope your class helps, and even more so, I hope you get a job with the age children you desire, but you might want to consider taking classes for an entirely different line of work, something you actually enjoy.  Stay where you are in the meantime, but look for something else.  There is nothing more depressing than having a job you hate, and I can tell you dread going to work each day. 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
I started each year by praying that God would give me a special love for the kids. Many at that age are undiagnosed ADHD, or autistic, or even have behavioral problems from abuse. So it can be important to keep careful notes on the kids. But most of all they all need God's love. Some come from homes where love must be earned. That is nearly impossible when in their horrible 4s unless they are foced to "act" to be loved. Then there are those who only get any attention when they act out. It takes a great deal of understanding of each kid, and wondering why each acts the way they do. The quiet ones can be the most worrysome. A few were nearly my undoing because I couldn't take my eyes off them without their doing something dangerous. They demanded attention to the exclusion of all others. Trying to get these to be a teachers helper might work. Give them responsibility. But there are some that no amount of classroom management will help. They need the Lord. Meanwhile I am sure that you will pick up a few good ideas that you can apply.
Blessings.
Willa
PS I also learned to speak with authority--to lower my voice in pitch and to speak slowly and distinctly.
It even works in dog training. But it can make behavioral kids sit back and take notice.

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Pray for my co-workers to have more patience with me. I guess I really have my work cut out for me. Because what I find interesting is that the ones who are the most impatient with me are the ones who claim to be Christians and go to church. Pray that I can show them God's love through my challenges.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts
    Languages.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Pray for my co-workers to have more patience with me. I guess I really have my work cut out for me. Because what I find interesting is that the ones who are the most impatient with me are the ones who claim to be Christians and go to church. Pray that I can show them God's love through my challenges.

Praying. 

sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:reading,watching movies,helping out at my friends farm.

will be praying

7thseal

7thseal

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

As Many of you all many may know I have been struggling with my job at the daycare center for the last 2 months. I will be taking a summer course in classroom management. It is going to be a challenge because I get off work at 6:30pm. The class is from 7pm-9:45. I don't do very well at night. I need strength and I need to pass this class. Feeling overwhelmed already.

I had bad day Yesterday with the children. I am really hoping that this summer course in classroom management helps out. I work with 3-4 years old. I would like to be tried out with another age group like infants. I hope that they will consider trying me out there. I don't think this age group is for me.

You're pointing out when you don't do well and why then what you're seeking to help deal with it and placing hope there... another class

Just being honest here but when have you asked God where He wants you to be?

You now have your work cut out for you, because of facing Christians?

Pray for your Christain workers that they see it as you do?

Could it be that through them He's showing you differently than what you want?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,013 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Praying~!

wordsponge

wordsponge
  • Members
  • 13 posts

I have found that strength comes from GOD BUT through Jesus.

In order to get help from Jesus, one MUST be correctly baptized...

Paul taught:" in truth and verity."

Christianity is experienced...Strength is a gift...

Regards,

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Blessings Dawn,,,,

God Bless you Sis,perhaps that is why God has brought you to this place,shine His light in everything you do so all will see.......sometimes when people are at work for a long time they forget what it was like to be the new person & the things they now do as second nature was just as difficult for them when they started out?Maybe you must be patient with them-LOL    Just do all things with love ,Dawn, it is contagious .

It seems you are not patient at all(I do not mean that dis-respectively),it has only been 2 months and you have been out out of work for quite a while.....you started at the right time,Gods timing is always perfect.It is very difficult to begin at the end of the year(school year).Now summer is right around the corner,you will take your course & then start fresh with the new classes....the kids have to get used to you & you have to get used to them and it will all fall into place if you let it

I have been praying with you from the beginning Dawn,you have been very patient as we prayed while you were unemployed,,,,,we asked & believed & you trusted the Lord as you waited for the manifestation of those answered prayers,you were overjoyed when you were Blessed with exactly what you asked for..................don't stop now,relax,trust the Lord,don't allow the enemy to steal that joy,rob yourself confidence & shake your faith & trust in God...............Patience my Sister,let the Comforter give you Gods Peace,refresh that joy & persevere with Blessed Assurance......letsl give God Praise ,Glory & Thanksgiving!

With love-in Christ,,Kwik

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Thank you so much everyone for all your support. This has been a very difficult time for me. It has already been the first 60 days of my probation as well as my employment there. I have 30 more days to go before my evaluation. Feeling very overwhelmed. I really want to maintain my job. Pray that the Lord will do whatever it takes to make my next 30 days successful.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts
    Languages.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Continued prayers Dawn 

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,442 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Politics, Music, Sports

The best advise I can give you Dawn is just do your best, and don't worry about the outcome of your evaluation.  Worrying will cause you to mess up.  Trust God enough to accept any outcome, knowing he will turn things for your good.  I can almost assure you that if you will just do your best, and shrug off mistakes and learn from them, rather than beating yourself up all the time, you will have a better chance of success. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network