christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello, New Here :)

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Hello, thanks for taking the time to stop by my post! I'm new here, so I wanted to take a minute introduce myself. I'm chrysanthemum, not my real name but that's what I like to go by online. I'm 27 years old, been married for 9 years now, and I have 3 gorgeous, intelligent, and hillarious girls. The Lord has blessed me greatly, indeed, and I am so thankful!! I got saved in May 1994 when I was only 7 years old. I grew up in a very old fashioned Freewill Baptist church. :)  As an adult, however, I've been attending nondenominational churches with my husband and daughters. I love them, but I sure do miss those classic hymns! I began singing in church when I was 3, and I have always had a passion for singing for the Lord! I think I'll wrap it up there before I write a novel about my life! LOL!

Thanks again, and God Bless!

KPaulG

KPaulG

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Hi chrysa.  WELCOME TO WORTHY!

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Welcome :)

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Welcome to worthy :) 

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Welcome to Worthy in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  We are so happy to have you here.  I too love the older hymns but really love the praise and worship.  I love raising my hands and just letting go of all those things that would weigh us down and stop the blessings that God wants up to have.   

We also have a chat room where we would love to have you come and visit us there too.

I trust you will find the fellowship here that you are looking for. God bless you.

Because He Lives!! Rustyangel.                                                            

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,376 posts

Welcome :)

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Blessings chrysanthemum....

Welcome to Worthy.........God has surely Blessed you with a lovely family dedicated to serving Him& giving Him Glory......Praise the Lord!It is so nice to hear the wonderful things our Lord does for us & to thank Him for the very simple & most precious treasures there are .....Bless the Lord,,,,Oh my soul!                                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

alien224

alien224

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
Welcome

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Hi, welcome to worthy :)

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Welcome to Worthy Chrysanthemum!

Enjoy Your Stay!

God Bless You

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Hello Chrysanthemum, and welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,477 posts

Welcome~!

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
Hi! Can I shorten that to Chrys? I love the old hymns, too, and started leading a hymn service in a nursing home because of it. We sing a lot of choruses now, and some are very meaningful; like Rusty I love to raise my arms in worship and get lost in the Lord's presence. He inhabits the praises of His people. But often when hymns are sung, I can worship to them in the same way---unless they are too slow. My Grandma Willa used to sing them like dirges. I didn't know that most hymns are full of joy till much later in life. There is no way that I can sing "I come to the garden alone" slowly when my heart is waltzing and dancing, full of joy in His presence.
Blessings,
Willa

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network