christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Losing a friend??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Denise37

Denise37

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
I'm not gonna give u advice, I'm juss gonna pray cuz ma heart feels it...

God, I ask that u help these 2... U know their hearts & feelings 4 each other.. Even though this was posted a couple of yrs ago, God u know the future bc it's in ur hands.. I ask that u give them both guidance & knowledge.. I ask that u give them the answers that they both need in ways that their hearts will understand & they'll know that it's u. Thank u god, 4 being so amazing!!!

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
Yes this is an old thread, but it would be interesting to know if everything worked out the way God wanted it to and not really how the pastor wanted it to. Not saying the Pastor was wrong or right, just the way God wanted it to.

We must remember Pastors aren't God, they are flesh and blood like the rest of us and there could be times they give the wrong advice.

Now don't everybody go saying "Oldzimm thinks Pastors are low down #%$^# :o ", because I'm not, Pastors deserve respect because they are our teachers of God's word.

Probably A Robot

Probably A Robot
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Okay. so i kind of have a question to ask but im not allowed to make topics and whatnot just yet. also i wasnt sure where to post this, but this thread seems to be appropriate...Im not sure where to start since it is a really long story. i'll try to keep it short though.... Anyways, I had a brother/bestfriend who died exactly 3 years ago on August 9th. He and his girlfriend got into some kind of arugument one night while driving home from a friends house. during the drive his girlfriend decided to let him out of the car to walk home. she left him to walk home in the middlle of the night by himself in the dark desert.( i live in the mojave desert, and there are no street lights in most areas. sometime its almost pitch black) as he was walking home, he was hit by a car and killed instantly. (thank The Lord it was instant and he didnt have to suffer) he was a very special person and his death had a huge effect on the whole community as well as his family and friends... ever since this happened his girlfriend has became a complete mess and only contiues to get worse. its sad to say that she is now deeply depressed and has a extreme drug problem...i have always discerned in my spirit that she has been keeping some kind of secret, and recently the Lord show me what it was...that night she had came back for my brother after she left him to walk home, and she saw him get hit by the car. but instead of staying at the scene, she left in fear that she was going to be blamed. to this day she does not talk to anyone that he was close to(his parents and family), except for me. but lately, since her drug problem has gotten so bad i have not heard from her in a few weeks ..THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP. Ive never really been good with communicating with others that aren't believers. and i was wondering if anyone had some advice for talking with her. i believe the only way for her to get better is to come clean with others and to forgive herself/ ask the Lord for strength. im just not sure how to approach her or what to say.? im going to have to spend some time with the Lord and hopefully he will tell me what to say. but if anyone has some advice, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanx! and God Bless. :)

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

I just got back from a Christian getaway with my girlfriend. There we both got a great time to focus on Him and weed out sin. We both decided that we need to take a long break to let old dogs die and new life come in... we've been sexually immoral together and used to argue very often over little things. But now we're both refocused and we're going to split so again we let the sin die. But I talked to my pastor the other day about the situation, and he said something that surprised me. He said that not only should my girlfriend and I not consider dating/marriage again, but he also said that we should never talk again. She's not only my girlfriend, she's my best friend. I keep thinking to myself, there has to be another way, right? I just feel so connected to this woman. Help.

If you really love this woman have you considered marring her?

livingintruth

livingintruth
  • Members
  • 6 posts
There is God's will, God's good will, and His perfect will. Love covereth a multitude of sin. Your pastor more then likely wants you to cut it off so that you can have your eyes wide open! It is written, Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His rightousness, and all these things shall be added onto you. So just keep your eyes on Him, and when the time is right God will let you know! Getting married, is a lifelong decision, and a very serious one. I am sure you feel torn right now, but I would really pray about this, and wait on the good Lord, cause He will never leave you nor forsake you! Lord bless, and will be praying you make the right decision.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
How will marriage affect your finances. I LOST my scholarsips and grants when we were married. And my husband had to assume my
debt according to the laws of this state. Some years later our sons pay check was garnished to pay his wifes debt. It added a whole lo
of stress to the situation. I always told our sons to get stsrted in careers before marriage. The both had good paying stable jobs and had
finished college. That was a big plus. We moved every 3 months in the first few years as he moved from one seasonal job to another temporary
position. He had a good work record so it was easy for him to get another job. Sometimes they had already hired other experienced people
but wanted a flunkie to fill in till they arrived. Education does not guarentee a job that would sopport you. Most employers still want work
experience.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network