christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Evil Spirits are??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
370 replies to this topic

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
Been in a discussion about Evil Spirits before, but most importantly we should humbly agree that they exist. Aside from this there are some theological issues along the way, and I have several different books by Ing, Prince, Bubeck... which sorta go over differing things.

Ok, the Bible makes it clear that the fallen Angels are in chains already, thus how could they be the Evil spirits that cast doubt and troubles to Christians or anything?
I have heard explanation of the "Giants" of the Old Testament being these actual things as well.
I am going to dig out some old books, as well as my better commentary to seek this out.

I am sure there are varying opinions, but what scriptural proof and Biblical analysis can you support that Evil Spirits exist as??

I appreciate the great discerners upon this.

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Been in a discussion about Evil Spirits before, but most importantly we should humbly agree that they exist. Aside from this there are some theological issues along the way, and I have several different books by Ing, Prince, Bubeck... which sorta go over differing things.

Ok, the Bible makes it clear that the fallen Angels are in chains already, thus how could they be the Evil spirits that cast doubt and troubles to Christians or anything?
I have heard explanation of the "Giants" of the Old Testament being these actual things as well.
I am going to dig out some old books, as well as my better commentary to seek this out.

I am sure there are varying opinions, but what scriptural proof and Biblical analysis can you support that Evil Spirits exist as??

I found this to be of some help, and will quote it. I almost must add that even though this scriptural analysis does share the two types of demons 1. Chained 2. Opposing God's will; the latter is not really discussed. I have a hard time finding scripture that shares that 1/3 of the angels were cast out of Heaven, and yet these very same angels are not the ones in chains. Will share the information I found: "Satan cannot create his own forces, because all things were created by God. There are two groups of these fallen angels. One group is actively opposing God and His people on earth. The other is confined in chains:

Remember the angels who did not stay within the limits of their proper authority, but abandoned their own dwelling place: they are bound with eternal chains in the darkness below, where God is keeping them for that great Day on which they will be condemned. (Jud 1:6 GNB)

God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell, where they are kept chained in darkness, waiting for the Day of Judgment. (2Pe 2:4 GNB)

You must reject all angels preaching other gospels
Many people have claimed that angels gave them their new ways of serving God. Entire religious movements have grown on such false revelations. Watch out! You are not to listen to any person or angel or any other spiritual being that wants to guide you in their ways that are contrary to God's Word.

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell!"

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts

Are you talking about 2Pe 2:4?

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare sinning angels, but thrust them down into Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, being reserved to judgment.

There is also...

Jud 1:6 And those angels not having kept their first place, but having deserted their dwelling-place, He has kept in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of a great Day;

But temper it with...

1Pe 5:8 Be sensible and vigilant, because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking someone he may devour;
1Pe 5:9 whom firmly resist in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions in the world are being completed in your brotherhood.

It is clear and undeniable that there are demons who are active... a cursory glimpse at the gospels and in Acts shows this.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Only some angels are in chains now. There are millions of demons in the world today. They are all fallen angels.

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts
Well NVM, seems I was too slow Posted Image.

holys

holys

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
To me..the fallen angels are in chains...they may get around the world but there chained in darkness..when let loose then they will take over and show there evil side more then the fallen angel side...so yes they are chained but not like cuffs in a material chain in hell...with the cuffs ect... there chained by there ethics which brought them to hell...they can wonder the world but they are limited on what they can do at this present time..ther chain is hell...

Now when unchained they will be able to do what ever they please at that time with there evil...also there condemned...There are fallen angels and demons of many types i believe roaming on this planet...but one day they will be able to do the things they can not now...cause now ther under strict rule of the lord Jesus...when unchained...they will not be governed by Jesus

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts
My goodness their every where here they invade my thoughts, they persuade me to think wrongly, they lie and do not the truth, the air is filled with them in war fare with God's Holy Angels.... etc There is a lot going on outside of this corporeal aspect of perception! God has told us this
1 John 4:1-3
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
NKJV
2 Kings 6:17
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
NKJV
people get spooked by the truth of all this but It 'IS' the world of Spirit That Our Father Dwells....and that is rightly where our fear needs to be placed!
Matt 10:28-31
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
NKJV

and as soon as we place all our fear in the Lord ... He removes it with His perfect love!
1 John 4:18-19
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.
NKJV
It goes like this when we place our fear In God Who 'IS' rightly to be feared - He as Father removes that fear by His Perfect Love and so we are made to be children that can be fearless here for the witness of Him... Love, Steven

taylor30

taylor30

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

It is clear that when the third of the angels fell, some were cast into prison or chains, and others were allowed to be the agent of temptation for mankind. We don't know why some demowere allowed to roam free and others were judged on the spot, since scripture doesn't say and any answer is speculation.

The giants in GENESIS 6 and elsewhere were NOT Angels, since Angels did not have physical bodies and were incapable of reproduction. I have heard fairly convincing sermons that the angels indwelt people however and that "may" have had something to do with it, but I am not sure myself.

taylor30

taylor30

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

It is clear that when the third of the angels fell, some were cast into prison or chains, and others were allowed to be the agent of temptation for mankind. We don't know why some demowere allowed to roam free and others were judged on the spot, since scripture doesn't say and any answer is speculation.

The giants in GENESIS 6 and elsewhere were NOT Angels, since Angels did not have physical bodies and were incapable of reproduction. I have heard fairly convincing sermons that the angels indwelt people however and that "may" have had something to do with it, but I am not sure myself.

taylor30

taylor30

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Your statement about the angels in Genesis 6 is in error. They were the Nephilim. And how do you know that they could not produce offspring? I can give you examples of humans that mated with devils and produced offspring:

Posted ImagePosted Image

The one on the right is called the 'Starchild skull' discovered in Mexico in the 1930's. The DNA reveals a human mother but not a human father. The DNA of the father could not be identified. (hint: it was not an ape). The skull on the left cannot be identified as any known living organism.

Yes, devils do indwell human beings. The gospels are full of examples.

Mr 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
Mr 6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Mr 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
Mr 16:9 ¶ Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Need I say more?

Best wishes.

First off, I would like a very reliable source for that picture. There are MANY frauds and forgeries on the internet to take that at face value. You even could have created it yourself ( though I am NOT actually saying you did, just making a point ).

Second, Jesus himself told people that Angels CANNOT reproduce, so exactly how am I in error? I said what Jesus said, but you say I am wrong, so I guess Jesus was wrong too. Is that what you are saying?

taylor30

taylor30

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Your statement about the angels in Genesis 6 is in error. They were the Nephilim. And how do you know that they could not produce offspring? I can give you examples of humans that mated with devils and produced offspring:

Posted ImagePosted Image

The one on the right is called the 'Starchild skull' discovered in Mexico in the 1930's. The DNA reveals a human mother but not a human father. The DNA of the father could not be identified. (hint: it was not an ape). The skull on the left cannot be identified as any known living organism.

Mr 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
Mr 6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Mr 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
Mr 16:9 ¶ Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Need I say more?

Best wishes.

First off, I would like a very reliable source for that picture. There are MANY frauds and forgeries on the internet to take that at face value. You even could have created it yourself ( though I am NOT actually saying you did, just making a point ).

Second, Jesus himself told people that Angels CANNOT reproduce, so exactly how am I in error? I said what Jesus said, but you say I am wrong, so I guess Jesus was wrong too. Is that what you are saying?

You also need to explain how a spirit being with no physical tangible form and very likely NO DNA would be able to reproduce with someone, when we can't even get some different types of animals which ARE physical and DO have DNA to do that.

If you really believe the Angels could reproduce, do you also believe that GOD can? The mormons do. Ask them what "really" happened in the virgin birth.

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted ImagePosted Image

Need I say more?

Best wishes.

can you site the sources about the skulls in the pictures? there are many human remains that look very unusual but its because of disease or mutation

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted ImagePosted Image

Need I say more?

Best wishes.

can you site the sources about the skulls in the pictures? there are many human remains that look very unusual but its because of disease or mutation

??? Beg pardon....my source got wiped out. How did that happen?

1. AOL image page on 'strange skulls'.

2. http://www.starchildproject.com/

did my research on the skull- it is a deformed human skull with only human dna nothing else
also consider the source. the people who are in possesion of the skull are accepting donations to help pay for more genetic testing but many labs said they would do it for free of charge. hummmm i say this falls into the category of junk science.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts
Yes, this has turned into an unworthy debate on junk science. The skulls are more likely to be the remains of poor, non-viable, deformed babies.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Yes, this has turned into an unworthy debate on junk science. The skulls are more likely to be the remains of poor, non-viable, deformed babies.

I pay no attention to unsubstantiated claims. What I posted however, was substantiated.

Please don't be offended when I say I don't believe one word of any substantiation. There is no reason to.

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hey those are my two long lost cousins, Mutt an Jeff, they were lost twenty years ago coming back from the still. :24:

Serious note, I believe there are things happening around us all the time that we mere mortals can't see, like the battle between good and evil spirits.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,545 posts

My goodness their every where here they invade my thoughts, they persuade me to think wrongly, they lie and do not the truth, the air is filled with them in war fare with God's Holy Angels.... etc There is a lot going on outside of this corporeal aspect of perception! God has told us this
1 John 4:1-3
4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
NKJV
2 Kings 6:17
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
NKJV
people get spooked by the truth of all this but It 'IS' the world of Spirit That Our Father Dwells....and that is rightly where our fear needs to be placed!
Matt 10:28-31
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
NKJV

and as soon as we place all our fear in the Lord ... He removes it with His perfect love!
1 John 4:18-19
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.
NKJV
It goes like this when we place our fear In God Who 'IS' rightly to be feared - He as Father removes that fear by His Perfect Love and so we are made to be children that can be fearless here for the witness of Him... Love, Steven

Love, Steven

Steven....no one can explain it like you! Great post, brother. :emot-hug:

Babbler

Babbler

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
The only evil spirits I have ever run across was spiced Rum.

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

The only evil spirits I have ever run across was spiced Rum.

Oh yes, the Captain mixed with sprite, I may have run across that evil spirit a time or two :whistling:. I praise God that the meetings with the Captain are now few and far between, plus not as many tilts of the bottle when we do meet.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,061 posts

Steven....no one can explain it like you! Great post, brother. :emot-hug:

Morning Glory one of your many gifts, since I have been on this board, is an encourager... Thank you for your gift used upon me! I have been encouraged... :) Love, your brother, Steven

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network