christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blessings to all from a new member!

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Vanguard

Vanguard
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Hello everyone! Just joined the site after trying out a few others. I found that some were either way too conservative (censorship galore!), way too liberal (are they even Christians?), or were not moderated at all and threads quickly spun out of control. I am hoping this site is better and more suiting to me.

I am a Christian and have been for over 25 years. I grew up as a Southern Baptist, but am now non-denominational. I am working toward a PhD in Theology/Divinity and a MA in Ancient History. I spend a large amount of time studying the Bible, researching the Classical Hebrew, the Koine Greek, and applying hermeneutics to verses. I compare historical accounts to biblical accounts. Most of my threads will probably be in apologetics/theology. If you read something that you don't agree with, please be civil and open minded about it. I will never, ever lead anyone away from God, but I do try and tackle the tough questions/subjects that tend to cast doubt, or don't make any sense. Feel free to ask me anything that you might be struggling with!

The most important thing about me is that I read and interpret the Bible in context...far too many don't. They cherry pick a verse, apply it to their topic and act as if that was the way it was meant to be read. There is a lot more going on in the Bible than what is on the surface. If I bring up a subject and you absolutely disagree with it, at least research the topic a little before making statements to the contrary. I will never intentionally insult someone, make a thread personal, or give misinformation. I am a truth seeker and a fact finder. I pray we can all learn something from each other and grow closer to God!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts
Welcome to Worthy

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts
Well sounds good and we certainly have some interesting threads going on in the Doctrines section....I have to say your icon caught my attention
as I am a big fan of huskies...welcome and yes there are all kinds of 'Christian' forums out there

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,469 posts
Welcome! Please read the TOS before you start posting, it saves you a lot of time understanding Worthy, and why it is so different from other sites like it.

JHERB

JHERB

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
welcome!!!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,631 posts
Welcome~!

~

The most important thing about me is that I read and interpret the Bible in context...far too many don't. They cherry pick a verse, apply it to their topic and act as if that was the way it was meant to be read. There is a lot more going on in the Bible than what is on the surface. If I bring up a subject and you absolutely disagree with it, at least research the topic a little before making statements to the contrary. I will never intentionally insult someone, make a thread personal, or give misinformation. I am a truth seeker and a fact finder. I pray we can all learn something from each other and grow closer to God!

Simple

The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
Proverbs 14:14-16

Truth

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:5-7

No?

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Colossians 2:6-9

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Be Very Blessed

And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isaiah 57:14-15

Love, Your Brother Joe

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!!!

Stucky

Stucky
  • Banned
  • 19 posts
Welcome. Love the avatar and the dog. Wish I knew how to do that avatar stuff.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Welcome to Worthy

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Welcome to Worthy!

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Welcome Vanguard...

Vanguard

Vanguard
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
welcome to Worthy!

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Hello and WELCOME to Worthy. I hope that you enjoy the fellowship here as much as I do.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
welcome to worthy ...hope you will find what you are looking for :crosseyed:

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
Glad you signed up, I hope you enjoy your membership.

What the difference between Koine Greek and regular Greek? You can't answer that in this forum (Worthy Welcome). :mgcheerful:

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
welcome to worthy :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts
Welcome to Worthy!

franciskelsey

franciskelsey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Welcome. I had a husky for sixteen great years. He too ME for walks several times a day. LOL It sounds as though it should be enjoyable reading your future post. Welcome and God bless

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
Welcome

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network