christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hope has made its debut

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

2 steps forward, 1 step back. 3 steps forward, 1 step back. 4 steps forward...

I wanted to share some progress in the last bit. It helps me type it out and to see the good.

Last June, before I relapsed. I was a solid 125lbs, went to the gym 5 nights a week, ran races and/or went snowboarding on the weekends, ate 4 healthy meals a day. I was a highly energetic, hardworking, happy person.

Several months after I relapsed (drinking), I picked up smoking again, dropped to 103lbs, lost my social life, never ate, nearly lost my job, and got into several legal issues. I have been absolutely miserable, highly stressed, and extremely angry at myself.

This month, and especially the last couple weeks, I have started to see hope again. My drinking has been scarcer and scarcer. (I am currently nearly a week). And to my surprise, I had found that I am now up to 110lbs! I am also now at 2 regular meals a day. I just had my last counseling session with the stabilization team at the hospital. I just had my annual review at work (went very well), 

Anyway, this all has been a huge relief for me knowing that the worst is over and that I am getting better. I feel more motivated than ever to get to where I was before and I thought it would be cool to write it out.

Its like being trapped in a dark gravel pit for months, then you start to see a little bit of sunshine shining through the dirt

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Have this one put in the Praises board, stirstik, because this is one to praise the Lord for!

I don't know you much at all, but I am proud of you, sis!

God bless you so much, you are letting Him do some amazing work on you - may the latter portion be even greater than the former!

Amen!!!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,460 posts

Hallelujah~!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello stirstik,

Cheering you one here, I am happy for you!

I have found when we get inspired we are in harmony with God.  It is good that you write things down in your life cause it helps identify the issues in your life. Faith gets activated by everything good in yourself when we acknowlege good things in life. Be patient God is working things out. He will take your weaknesses and turn them into strengths. I truly believe that people that don't invest in themselves stay discouraged.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,460 posts
Its like being trapped in a dark gravel pit for months, then you start to see a little bit of sunshine shining through the dirt

~

Dirt

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

And Sonshine

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network