• Latest Posts

• James 1:4 (NKJV) But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Why do the words of truth put such a high value on patience having its perfect work….?  It is because patience is the work horse of faith, being that patience is that that causes one’s eyes to turn away from themselves and look to Christ…. For this is the work of patience, for no other work is of more consequence in the believer’s life then getting one’s eyes off of oneself and onto Christ…. For this is the great lesson of patience, keeping one’s eyes off of anything other then Christ…. For if truth be known, whatever has one’s heart becomes that one’s god, patience being the work horse of faith that destroys the other that would take one’s eyes off of Christ… For patience waits for God to do something in one that that one cannot do for oneself, this something being, the forming of Himself in the believing one…. For this is what the salvation offered in Christ is, the forming of the Divine nature in the believing one, this new nature’s nature is not to sin just as the fallen nature’s nature was to sin….. For this new life, is that life that is created in the image and likeness of God, being the Three in one having Their image and likeness manifested in the creature, the Is, the expression of the Is, and the effect or consequence of that Is…  For this word patience is translated, steadfastness, perseverance, endurance in other translations, all pointing to the same truth of maintaining the keeping and the looking to Christ regardless of any and all circumstances of life…. For it is when faith sees that righteousness does exist and it is the manifesting of this righteousness which is the manifestation of God’s will in all things… Patience being that work of faith that brings forth this manifestation of righteousness…. For without the manifestation of righteousness being manifested in one’s life the Divine nature is not being brought forth, in other words, Christ is not being formed in one… For patience’s perfect work is the bringing forth of the perfect image of this perfect Three in One God in one, each having Their respective image brought forth…. Oh that the heart of man would let patience have its perfect work, for the bringing forth of that expression of righteousness which is the Divine nature being brought to life in one… To him that would have it be done, let it be done unto…. A fellow follower of His, Not me 
    • Looking forward to it. By the way, over in the Christian Music category  there is a song sung by Fernando Ortega titled Shame. It is about humility and a plea for God to remember the individual  wholly (The complete servant) and not just his shame, he tries to live life humbly .... I find it to be great  lyrics, a useful plea to God. Plus under videos Comedy is a song By Willie Nelson that cracks me up Oh It's Hard To Be Humble (Perfect man that I am). Again, welcome to Worthy Christian Forums; awaiting your effort on the subject of humility.
    • Dutch translation says imperfect. It's not perfect. Just like a preacher may say something wrong. I'm not saying that a blatant false prophecy is okay. People have to learn to discern what is from God and what is not. https://www.herschepping.nl/04nl/ggaven_04profeteren.php It happens that people utter alleged prophecies that come from their own inner being. It is also wise if someone has a prophecy during a meeting, to first test it with the leaders of the church. This prevents a spurious prophecy, which arises from the imagination of the speaker, from being accepted as coming from God. For example, prophecies should not in any way contradict what the Bible says. It is not without reason that the gift of 'discernment of spirits' is also mentioned in the Bible (1 Corinthians 12:10), especially to be able to distinguish the expressions of God's Spirit from other expressions. In practice, more than half of the prophecies spoken during congregational meetings do not come from God. Testing is therefore really necessary. After all, prophesying is also something people must LEARN. For instance there was a preacher years ago who said to a man with cancer: God says: I will rebuke the cancer worm. Oh no wait. He was English. He said cankerworm. The Dutch translator translated it as kankerworm, cancerworm. That is not a thing. But the guy got faith and got healed.  In the end we will be like Jesus and see Him as He is.
    • Can you provide facts to substantiate that claim. In all my years, 7 decades, prophecy has not been a synonym for prediction. There has been enough said on Worthy already about that misconception.
    • Acts 2:17 is actually a quote from Joel. So it goes back almost 3,000 years. But anyway, this is taking about the end times, either the Tribulation or the millennium. It is not talking about today. If you believe it refers to today, I request reasons for that belief. I will also make the point that in this particular context of Acts 2:17, it's taking about people proclaiming God's word, not making predictions as is most people's understanding of a prophet. The context also seems to indicate that everyone both young and old will have this ability, further showing it will not be a few specific people but EVERYONE who has this gift, and clearly that's not going on today. So that's my 2 cents. I didn't know if that helped or created more confusion. God Bless. 
  • Who's Online

185 Guests
    ladypeartree Not me George
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. AmandaJean
      AmandaJean
      36 years old
    2. BlazyJon
      BlazyJon
      43 years old
    3. Elllie
      Elllie
      37 years old