christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Robin Williams took his life

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
He was battling depression, his method of suicide was asphyxia.

http://m.hollywoodre.../view/id/412703

Guest_Geoff Primanti_*

Guest_Geoff Primanti_*
  • Guests

That is very sad.  I don't believe he made it into eternity with God in heaven (though Jesus is ultimately the judge of who is saved and who isn't).

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
I agree that it is very sad, God not willing that any should perish.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

Just heard this news. Very tragic.

dscapp

dscapp

Members*

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Most geniuses usually have some kind of addiction, very sad.

He will definitely be missed.

Good will hunting and Inside the actor's studio were my fav's.

gamnot

gamnot

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

It is sad to hear about the death of such a seemly good person and talented actor, but the fact that is was by suicide makes it much more tragic.

Guest_Geoff Primanti_*

Guest_Geoff Primanti_*
  • Guests

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

To those who may be grieving I say that faith is invisible and he may have believed; as demons can oppress people (Christians too) even to the point that they don't want to live any longer.

And even if you never saw any evidence of faith in him this does not necessarily mean he went to hell: as I said faith is really an invisible thing; though it is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is normally seen as evidence of the invisible in the life of a believer after the plant has had time to grow.

The evidence of faith and the way it is seen is through a man producing the fruit of the Spirit; and a plant may be a living plant even if it is not mature enough to produce any fruit.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,876 posts

i don't know if he was saved or not... but the assumption that he must have missed out on salvation because he committed suicide is, i believe, in error. depression is a mental illness. suicide is often a resulting symptom of that mental illness. if a person has accepted Jesus, that doesn't mean they are exempt from illness, mental or otherwise, or even suicide... nor does it mean they forfeit the gift of salvation if they succumb to their illness (and commit suicide.)

i hope he knew Jesus.

dscapp

dscapp

Members*

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

i don't know if he was saved or not... but the assumption that he must have missed out on salvation because he committed suicide is, i believe, in error. depression is a mental illness. suicide is often a resulting symptom of that mental illness. if a person has accepted Jesus, that doesn't mean they are exempt from illness, mental or otherwise, or even suicide... nor does it mean they forfeit the gift of salvation if they succumb to their illness (and commit suicide.)

i hope he knew Jesus.

Well said my friend. I hope his family finds peace.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

Robin was a member of the Episcopal Church.......    Only the Lord knows if he was saved.   Such a talent.....

I'm not sure if severely depressed people are really responsible for their actions.......    we should let God sort that out.

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

I guess money really can't buy happiness.  :(

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

no it really can't.....   it also can't buy good health either......    physical or mental....

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,919 posts

He had bipolar and had been very depressed for quite awhile. Very sad for those around him. 

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
I hear so much about William's talent as a comic genius and I am going against the stream of his accolades, but I never thought he was funny. Why am I so disconnected from the majority of fans.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,919 posts

I hear so much about William's talent as a comic genius and I am going against the stream of his accolades, but I never thought he was funny. Why am I so disconnected from the majority of fans.

Some people like chocolate, others do not.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,022 posts

i hope he knew Jesus.

Unfortunately I have seen videos of him doing his stand-up routine where he mocks God and the Bible.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Some people like chocolate, others do not.

Got your drift.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,911 posts

I am sorry to hear about his tragic death.  I would say my favorite films he was in was "Jumangi" and "Dead Poets Society."  I think he was a very talented actor.  The worst thing about this is the way he died, as I don't believe a person who commits suicide can be saved, and I do believe they forfeit their salvation if they were saved in the first place.  It is a wilful sin that they aren't able to repent of, so they die with spot on their garment.  I don't believe he was a Christian to begin with, but it wouldn't matter.  When I first heard about his death last night, the details were not mentioned, so I assumed he had a heart attack or something like that.  It is sad to hear of anyone's death, but it is really tragic when it is a suicide.  We have had numerous debates over the question of whether or not you can make it to heaven if you commit suicide, and I am clearly of the opinion you cannot.  I don't believe in eternal security, and I don't believe that loss of salvation is this long process.  To me, it only takes one unconfessed wilful sin to forfeit salvation.  As such, the answer to the question depends on how one views eternal security or how easily you can lose salvation.  Feel free to come back and tell me I am wrong, but I stand by what I said. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts

but when people have mental illness, are they still responsible for thier actions?   That would be my only disagreement Butero, and that is a question in my own mind.   I have friends that are Bi Polar and it's not a pretty thing.

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I always was told suicide gets you to hell immediately. You won't be saved. I think that's really sad. I know full well what those dark moments are like and you want God there but he isn't. I tried to take my own life once, but was afraid of the outcome so didn't carry it out properly. All I got was nasty side effects. Still feel mad at God over this inside, but he loves me I guess...so I shut the anger out. Maybe the fear to kill myself 'properly' was him, I don't know.

I really really hope he was saved. Everyone deserves to be saved. He was a nice man and I believe he spoke of Jesus once.
Such a joyful happy person could hide so much pain inside. It's really sad.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network