Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Did U.S. War of Independence Contradict the Bible?

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Let me reiterate for you, there is no scriptural backing for advocating the killing of the Kings officers, and breaking the King's, and God's law.

That is the argument.

If you have a point please state it.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Re-Worded Post...

Let me reiterate for you, there is no scriptural backing for advocating the killing of the Kings officers, and breaking the King's, and God's law.

That is the argument.

If you have a point please state it.

I'm really not as serious as you seem to think I am.... :)

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

...commenting on remarks regarding history is not personal unless you were there.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Re-Worded...

snapback.pngBarabbas, on 18 December 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

For the record.

I am a anarcho-capitalist with absolutely no use for any government of this earth. My citizenship is not of this earth. But while I am here I will do what I have to do to survive.

I just don't care for people who wave a bible around claiming they have God's backing on something when they clearly do not.

Wanna do something? Just do it.

Well this in bold does shed some light on things. Interesting.

God bless,

GE

I would say so.....

Edited by GoldenEagle
Re-Worded...

Posted · Report post

@GoldenEagle

Never did get a clear answer... I'll ask it again. Are you of the opinion that God wants people to stay in abusive situations at all times?

It seems to me you are simply ignoring the fact that there was dialogue between the American Colonial leadership and the Crown. Because the King George III didn’t see himself as equal (but as Nebula has pointed out often monarch’s viewed themselves as a god little “g”) the King didn’t feel it necessary to abide by his own laws. At least that’s the way I perceive it. Your thoughts?

Btw, are you saying that the laws inacted to punish the American colonies were justified?

Is there scriptural backing for it? If yes, then do it. If not, and you still want to do it, fill yer boots.

Just don't wave the bible around in an attempt to justify colonialist actions.

The King went and acted like...a king. Yeah, again, so what? How, and none of you have explained yet, why this is different from how Caesar acted. 1 Peter 2:13.

If it is established that having a king over a country is not God’s best (as evidenced in 1 Samuel 8) then perhaps it is relevant would you agree? I believe it is completely relevant to the discussion. Sorry but you are the one who brought it up.

Actually it was not I who brought it up. And it still has no bearing on this at all. You're grasping at straws to defend a position that is indefensible.

Does God want us to live in horrible conditions? Did he make the garden of Eden, or the garden of Hell?

What your're looking for is an excuse to rebel against the governing authorities.

Like I have previously stated, do what you're going to do. just don't trot out the bible in a poor attempt to justify it.

Posted · Report post

I am addressing your nonchalant attitude with regards to the King blaspheming God by declaring himself a god.

Buhahahahah...yeah, my attitude..about that....again, SO WHAT???? Anyone can claim anything they want, does it affect my faith? No. Why should I care then? What exactly do you want? The right to kill those who blaspheme? Ahhhh...around here we call those people "Taliban Christians".

I'm not sure laughing at people will help them take you seriously. Curious as to why you seem a bit hostile in my opinion to Americans (or at least the U.S. as a nation) in general? Or is this my impression?

Posted · Report post

Wow, I think you're just being overly sensitive, Americans seem to have trouble with people pointing out they have not been the nicest people around.

It's not about you as Americans.

It's the attempt to justify rebellion against the King using the bible as a crutch.

Posted · Report post

Did y'all need a smilie? :biggrin2::bighug:

Posted · Report post

Wow, I think you're just being overly sensitive, Americans seem to have trouble with people pointing out they have not been the nicest people around.

It's not about you as Americans.

It's the attempt to justify rebellion against the King using the bible as a crutch.

Let's review...

The officers in the British army are the Kings personal representatives. Advocating their killing directly violates 1 Peter 2:13.

Then America proceeds to invade my country (1812) killing our citizens in an attempt to take by force our lands, to subjugate us to American rule.

Was this God ordained?

Obviously not, as America lost this war, and we burned Washington. (No real loss, you should really thank us, unfortunately we were 190 years too early :grin: ....Joking, don't get excited) After all Americans did burn Toronto. (Now, there you could do us a favor by repeating the act..we really wouldn't mind :grin: )

and...

Canada 1812.

The newly minted United States (claiming manifest destiny and all that) proceeds to attack my country, the goal of taking our lands, and forcing American rule upon us.

Just curious as those on this thread who claim God's hand directed America's forming how this violent expansionist policy of subjugation is reconciled. Considering you broke away from England due to perceived wrongs, turn around and immediately begin to force your will upon us.

I didn't do any of that. Nor did any American citizen alive today. That was over 200 years ago.

If you don't sense the aggression in the words perhaps you should re-read what you've said. It could be percieved as such.

God bless,

GE

Posted · Report post

Closing this for a little while for review. May or many not open again.

Posted · Report post

Re-Opened thread. Edited out attacks, counter-attacks, etc.

From WCF ToS...

Please remember to respect each other in the love of God.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed.

This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Debate the subject, not the person.

It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating.

Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person.

Posted · Report post

Yup. 1 Peter 2:13.

Anything else? :biggrin2:

Posted · Report post

You are free in Christ (Gal. 5:1 and Rom. 8:2) Barabbas to your opinion. There has been other evidence given and discussed on the thread.

God bless,

GE

Posted · Report post

Is it me or has this thread undergone a revisionist history treatment? :foot-stomp: and I was having fun too..... :sad030: just too serious

Posted · Report post

Is it me or has this thread undergone a revisionist history treatment? :foot-stomp: and I was having fun too..... :sad030: just too serious

:thumbsup:

~

It's

Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Romans 3:14

About Time

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Posted · Report post

No, it isn't just you. And I agree.

Posted · Report post

No, it isn't just you. And I agree.

Well, for everyone...

:bighug:

Posted · Report post

You are free in Christ (Gal. 5:1 and Rom. 8:2) Barabbas to your opinion. There has been other evidence given and discussed on the thread.

God bless,

GE

He does have a point.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps. In any case as the the innitiator or OP of this thread I'm closing it down. Was an interesting discussion.