christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OC - TROLLS

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts
Hi all,

I'm posting this here so everyone can read and reply to this thread.

If you suspect a person is a troll, please don't post about it publicly. Instead, use the "report" button (the yellow triangle in the bottom right/left of every post) and bring them to our attention that way.

In future, people who call others trolls will have their posts deleted and a PM sent reminding them of the rules.

Also remember that not all trolls are atheists / unorthodox Christians, and not all atheists / unorthodox Christians are trolls.

Back to scheduled programming Posted Image.

Candice

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,559 posts
If I may add? ...

Trolls are also people who need Jesus. We should pray for them too.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

If I may add? ...

They probably need prayer even MORE than most. I totally agree, A.J.

sPrevorb31

sPrevorb31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

If you suspect a person is a troll, please don't post about it publicly. Instead, use the "report" button (the yellow triangle in the bottom right/left of every post) and bring them to our attention that way.

I was tempted to use the button as a joke :24:

sorry :b: :24:

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

If I may add? ...

Amen Jade. :bighug2:

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
Whenever I have tried the report button, I get an error message. :noidea:

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,291 posts

Please email a snapshot of this error message to worthyboards@gamil.com and we will look into it.

bobby0

bobby0

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
I know I replied but I don't see it here. What I had to say was important.

AMEN

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Please email a snapshot of this error message to worthyboards@gamil.com and we will look into it.

This is what it says whenever I click on the report button:
An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report.

bobby0

bobby0

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
HI JML. :th_wave:

I miss you in the chat room.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

HI JML. :th_wave:

I miss you in the chat room.

awwww. Hi Bobby :th_wave:

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,472 posts

This is what it says whenever I click on the report button:
An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report.

I am getting the same report when I try and report....

grandma dolittle

grandma dolittle

• PipPip
  • 123 posts
May I ask what is a troll? :noidea:

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,472 posts

May I ask what is a troll? :noidea:

A person, not usually a Christian, that comes onto chat or the boards to cause trouble and blaspheme the name of Jesus. Often they will at first disguise themselves as seekers or believers to try and gain trust. Some use foul language while others try make personal attacks on members.

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
More accurately, a troll is anyone who goes to any site like this with the intention to cause trouble. It is not limited to any group or site, anyone can be a troll. Fez could go and "troll" a site that deals with music instead of religion, but I don't think Fez would actually do that, he's too nice of a guy I think.

With Christian sites, many trolls will blaspheme Christ and otherwise make fun of the faith and the people of that faith unprovoked. They came here to do just that and nothing you say is going to stop that.

AnotherSinner

AnotherSinner

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

More accurately, a troll is anyone who goes to any site like this with the intention to cause trouble. It is not limited to any group or site, anyone can be a troll. Fez could go and "troll" a site that deals with music instead of religion, but I don't think Fez would actually do that, he's too nice of a guy I think.

With Christian sites, many trolls will blaspheme Christ and otherwise make fun of the faith and the people of that faith unprovoked. They came here to do just that and nothing you say is going to stop that.

Agreed.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,632 posts

... Fez could go and "troll" a site that deals with music instead of religion, but I don't think Fez would actually do that, he's too nice of a guy I think.

:thumbsup:

Reloader's Site More Likely :laugh:

~

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or iff-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

http://en.wikipedia....Troll_(Internet

jasoncran

jasoncran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
lol, and trolls are so much fun, not.

D. OSAS

D. OSAS
  • Members
  • 16 posts
As a senior trying to stay with the electronic age, my grandson told me that a troll was someone who dropped into a thread, gave one opinion, and left. By this definition, I'm a troll. I don't have the time to turn to this forum every day. I usually do it when my busy schedule has a "hole." today for example, a weekend event was exepectedly (and with poor judgment) canceled.

So what is the real definition of a troll?

Dr. OSAS

Hi all,

I'm posting this here so everyone can read and reply to this thread.

In future, people who call others trolls will have their posts deleted and a PM sent reminding them of the rules.

Also remember that not all trolls are atheists / unorthodox Christians, and not all atheists / unorthodox Christians are trolls.

Back to scheduled programming Posted Image.

Candice

Khristeeanos

Khristeeanos

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
A troll is someone who posts something that is contrary to popular opinion for that particular forum/thread with the goal of causing drama. Sometimes they disappear, other times they continue to post comments just to fire people up. Sort of like picking a fight just to pick a fight. They enjoy upsetting people.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network