christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
should i be nice back, forgive them? (it wasnt really mean but she was making fun of me) now she's nice to me. im a confused girl who doesnt really know too much about stuff.

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts

should i be nice back, forgive them? (it wasnt really mean but she was making fun of me) now she's nice to me. im a confused girl who doesnt really know too much about stuff.

Grace to you and Welcome,

I assume you want a Biblical answer due to the fact that this is a Christian Board. :rolleyes:

The Bible is very clear;

Mt5:39
But I say unto you, That you resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

That is the Word of the Lord as given by God Himself, Jesus Christ.

There are certain rules for Christians themselves.

Yet I believe the Biblical principle of forgiveness was worked out for the whole world to see in the death of an innocent Jesus Christ for all mens sin.

Do you know the risen Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?

He forgave your every tresspass and sin against Himself. This Liberty ought to make you grateful enough to forgive others.

If your having a hard time forgiving you ought to ask the Lord how much He has forgiven you. Then I bet you'll get a new perspective. :)

Listen though to one last thing. Don't ever confess that your a confused person that confusion that you confess will hold you to bondage to that very thought. Here's the Truth, You are Loved by God and there isn't anything He wouldn't do to express it. :) That Love can break any confusion and infuse you with confidence. If anyone tells you that your confused, just toss your head back and say, "Are you kidding me, I'm Loved by the God of all Creation there's absolutely no confusion in my mind." :taped:

God has in mind for you to be a world beater, a Nation taker, and a Difference Maker. There's no place for confusion in any of that.

Ro8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Ro8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Ro8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus Christ simply adores you, have you accepted His Love?

Peace,
Dave

eagleswings

eagleswings

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Grace to you and Welcome,

I assume you want a Biblical answer due to the fact that this is a Christian Board. :thumbsup:

The Bible is very clear;

Mt5:39
But I say unto you, That you resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

That is the Word of the Lord as given by God Himself, Jesus Christ.

There are certain rules for Christians themselves.

Yet I believe the Biblical principle of forgiveness was worked out for the whole world to see in the death of an innocent Jesus Christ for all mens sin.

Do you know the risen Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?

He forgave your every tresspass and sin against Himself. This Liberty ought to make you grateful enough to forgive others.

If your having a hard time forgiving you ought to ask the Lord how much He has forgiven you. Then I bet you'll get a new perspective. :laugh:

Listen though to one last thing. Don't ever confess that your a confused person that confusion that you confess will hold you to bondage to that very thought. Here's the Truth, You are Loved by God and there isn't anything He wouldn't do to express it. :thumbsup: That Love can break any confusion and infuse you with confidence. If anyone tells you that your confused, just toss your head back and say, "Are you kidding me, I'm Loved by the God of all Creation there's absolutely no confusion in my mind." :(

God has in mind for you to be a world beater, a Nation taker, and a Difference Maker. There's no place for confusion in any of that.

Ro8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Ro8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Ro8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus Christ simply adores you, have you accepted His Love?

Peace,
Dave

Amen and Hallelujah.... :wub:

Trusting Jesus

Trusting Jesus

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
It isn't always easy to forgive someone, but that is what we need to do. You can't be responsible for the attitude of others, but you can control your own attitude. Jesus was beaten, scourged, spit upon, mocked, laughed at, and hung on a cross....but he still had mercy "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots." Luke 23:34 This is the ultimate model of forgivness.

Now, if you forgive you will feel so much better inside, but that doesn't mean that you have to keep putting yourself in a position where this other person can keep laughing at you, but you need to forgive and then let go of the hurt and anger. I think everyone is hurt at one time or another, I know I have been. But even if the other person doesn't accept your forgivness or keeps on saying or doing things to hurt you, don't let that stop you from forgiving. Don't return and "eye for an eye". You will feel better if you forgive and that is what God wants of us.

<>< ><>
Nathele

spiritman

spiritman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Yes, you should forgive your brothers and sisters, don't get caught up in unforgivness. I have at times felt the same way, over a disagreement on the boards, but I'm the type of person that can have a disagreement then move on. I have met some indivduals on here, that hold grudges, and let me just say; " that is not of Christ". Peace and love :blink:

Spiritman

Godfearer

Godfearer

• PipPip
  • 234 posts
forgivness is for you as well as them. so you wont have bitterness in your heart. that your heart wont become hardened. we are to live like Jesus lived.

to take it a step futher, God didnt forgive us and say i forgave them, but i wont have anything to do with that person.

it is much harder to live as a christian but what an awesome calling.

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

healingoil

healingoil

• PipPip
  • 239 posts
I agree with the above posts. People let each other down at times and a lot of times without even meaning to, but as a Christian we are can rely on Him to be like Him. That is what he wants from us - to be an example to show others what it is to have Him in our lives.

Look at it as an opportunity to be a witness for Him. :th_praying:

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts
If you don't forgive others he won't hear ur prayers. It's hard when somebody betrays you, like Judas did Jesus, but Forgiveness is the only way to free yourself from the hurt so they don't take power over your mind and emotions.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
The OP is 5 years old. :mgdetective: :whistling:

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
and did the OP 's parent or guardian complete and mail or fax a signed permission form to the administrator of the community so the child can complete the registration process?
-just curious, 'cuz you look much older!

:emot-wave: :) waves @ OP

AmateurPoet03

AmateurPoet03
  • Members
  • 73 posts
Forgiveness is something that is given, not expected. It is something too that should always be sincere and straight from the heart. The pain may be hard to get over. Sticks and stones can do damage, sometimes people do not realize the power in which words too possess.

The Bible instructs to forgive...much as Christ forgave. This can be easier said than done. If it is something you may struggle with, pray for strength. Resentment leads to bitterness. The way of peace is through Christ alone.

Just some food for thought....

noobie

noobie

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not." Romans 12:4

We should be good to people who are meanies to us... And not say bad things about them, even though they are big meanie heads.

**age appropriate post**

gracelovehope1

gracelovehope1

• PipPip
  • 129 posts
Henry Ward Beecher once said, "The church is not a gallery for the exhibition of eminent Christians, but a school for the education of imperfect ones."
The church is not a place for perfect people, it's a hospital for people who know they're ill. The church isn't perfect.
Charles Morrison wrote, "The Christian church is a society of sinners." In fact, he said, "It is the only society in the world membership in which is based upon the single qualification that the candidate shall be unworthy of membership." The church is full of problems because it's full of problem people because everybody in it is a sinner,saved by grace with unreedemed human flesh and battling with sin.1Thessalonians5:14-15And we urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the faint-hearted, help the weak, be patient with all men, see that no one repays another with evil for evil but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all men."

janiebeth

janiebeth
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Hello Guest Girl :) I am glad you are seeking Godly wisdom to train your social interactions. (I wish I had at a young age.) I am going to assume that you are young, correct? Learning how to interact in a proactive (working toward a good end on your own side) yet positive way is very tricky; so many nuances (slight differences) in tone, body language, and purpose (what is the other person trying to get out of the whole thing) exist in human interaction, and between females you can times that number by 100. Here are some of the basics you need to get good at if you are to gain the respect of your girlfriends and other girls: Laugh at yourself; nothing opens up girls to find a good reason to make fun of someone more than someone who can't admit a fault and laugh a bit about it (truth). Next, if this girl's really making fun of you, she is being mean; so, don't put yourself down. Girls are mean for several reasons, but mostly they do it for one of two reasons--they feel your entry into the little group might take away attention from them and they want to be someone's number 1 friend, or they see something about you that is not perfect AND they have the same imperfection; looking at you is like looking in a mirror and they don't like what they see. God tells us to put others above ourselves as a servant, so in the first situation try to be sensitive to this girl's need to keep her number one friend. If you notice her being threatened by you talking to her friends, try and get her involved when talking and try making her feel you are not trying to take away her friends. God wants us to be peacemakers and giving. In the second situation, you need to be bold yet kind. Next time she makes fun of you just ask her very calmly why she is trying to hurt you. In other words, don't battle with her on your turf, throw the ball into her court and make her explain. After she answers, extend yourself in peace and walk right over to her mental turf. God said that metal sharpens metal, which means we must have scrapes sometimes, but that this will sharpen us for battles to come. But, we don't have to battle as Satan does with cuts and wounds, our battles consist of getting people to put down their weapons. So, whatever she says is her reason for being mean, just explain that you are okay with her imperfections too. Answer her insults with compliments about her saying what you like about her; this is called heaping coals on our enemies head. My last bit of advice has to do with making friends in general. The Bible tells us that in order to have friends we need to be a friend. In other words, don't wait for people to talk to you, invite you, call you, say something nice to you first. No one would have a friend if everyone was like that. And, being a woman myself, I have learned what girlfriends really like; they want other girlfriends who share their troubles with them--intimacy. They like other girls who tell them those secret problems to them and respond to their secret problems with kindness. Now, all that being said, if she persists (continues) in being mean to you, by no means do you need to stand by and take the mental whipping. God tells us to keep company of good people; we are to avoid those who are gossips, back-biters, schemers, and trouble makers. They will lead you down the same path they go. So, in this case if she won't accept you, just tell her you will talk to her when she decides to be nice to others and just walk away. No need to forgive either, as You are a child of God and have to part in the heart of evil accusations. You don't need to value her judgement of you. God judges you. So, smile and walk away, knowing that you are truly loved. Then, pray for her. Hope this helps:)

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts
It's been five years folks...

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network