christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Christian

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts
I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself which way I ought to believe. Robert Sanders

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,769 posts

Welcome~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Welcome~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Hello Joe,

Are you a Christian? If so what Kind?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Blessings Robert,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy,as you can see ,,,,this is the welcome forum & you really will get many more responses to your questions after you have 5 posts & can post the topic in an appropriate forum(consider this forum as the welcome committee-lol)

I am sure ,though there are many denominations......that is more about religion......becoming a Christian has nothing to do with what denomination(if any) you choose to follow,it is about a "relationship" with Jesus Christ....and there is not any Christian that believes differently on that

" Whosoever" believes in Him,should not perish but have everlasting life..................Fresno Joe posted the entire verse John3:16

Wijth love-in Christ,Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,769 posts

Welcome~!

Hello Joe,

~

Beloved

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

I'm The Bible

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Believing Kind

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

~

Dear Robert: Perhaps This May Help, Perhaps Not

http://www.worthychr...ible-fresnojoe/

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Blessings Robert,,,,,
     Welcome to Worthy,as you can see ,,,,this is the welcome forum & you really will get many more responses to your questions after you have 5 posts & can post the topic in an appropriate forum(consider this forum as the welcome committee-lol)
         I am sure ,though there are many denominations......that is more about religion......becoming a Christian has nothing to do with what denomination(if any) you choose to follow,it is about a "relationship" with Jesus Christ....and there is not any Christian that believes differently on that
        " Whosoever" believes in Him,should not perish but have everlasting life..................Fresno Joe posted the entire verse John3:16
                                                                                                                        Wijth love-in Christ,Kwik

Hello Kwik,
Are the Christians in the different denominations without a relationship with Jesus Christ?

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Welcome~!

Hello Joe,

~

Beloved

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

I'm The Bible

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Believing Kind

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

~

Dear Robert: Perhaps This May Help, Perhaps Not

http://www.worthychr...ible-fresnojoe/

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Love you too!

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Thank you. What kind of Christian are you?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Blessings Robert!

That is not what I said,,,,,,I said what it is to come to Christ & call yourself a Christian,,,,,,& I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in detail when you start a thread in an appropriate forum.......you have 5 posts now,so you can go to see where you will get the most replies,,,,,,,,maybe General Discussion, Q & A or whatever fits......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Thank you. What kind of Christian are you?

Non-denominational.

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Blessings Robert!

That is not what I said,,,,,,I said what it is to come to Christ & call yourself a Christian,,,,,,& I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in detail when you start a thread in an appropriate forum.......you have 5 posts now,so you can go to see where you will get the most replies,,,,,,,,maybe General Discussion, Q & A or whatever fits......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Oh I m sorry I misunderstood you.  Thank you for your reply.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Blessings Robert...

No problem.,you are very welcome............................I responded to your message,God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,424 posts
Welcome Robert. Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself and your process in becoming a Christian?

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

Welcome Robert. Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself and your process in becoming a Christian?

What do you want to know?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,424 posts

It is customary in this forum to tell us about yourself.  You mention that you are "in the process of becoming a Christian".  I would be interested in understanding what you mean by "in the process".

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  Amen and ditto to what Kwik and Joe said.  Glory to God!

Always in His care, surrounded by His love,

PrairWarur

Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders
  • Seeker
  • 57 posts

I would be interested in understanding what you mean by "in the process".

Transformation

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Welcome Robert in the name of the Lord Jesus!

We are so glad to have you here.  You will find fellowship and the answers you seek.  the word of God is true and solid.  Grab hold of it and of the Hand of Jesus and you will find all the answers you are looking for.  

Again welcome!

Because  He Lives, Rustyangel

SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Welcome Robert! I really hope the community has an impact on you in your process of becoming a Christian. I have just recently come back to God myself, not that I completely forgot about him, I just never really read the Bible that much when I was younger. I stopped praying for a while and have come back to Christ and my life is beginning to get so much better! I sincerely hope that this community will help you in your daily walk. Welcome to the forums, once again! To answer your question of what kind of Christian I am, I am in the Baptist denomination.

Edited by SavedByGrace, 07 April 2014 - 11:04 PM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network